NEurope
CoolFunkMan

MGS V: Ground Zeroes

Like I said he should never of been Big Boss in the first place, made even less sense in MGS4 when Old Big Boss had a completely different voice to Old Snake.

Why shouldn't Snake have sounded the same as Big Boss? They near enough looked the same, and I thought Snake was pretty much his clone / genetically based on him somehow.

Why shouldn't Snake have sounded the same as Big Boss? They near enough looked the same, and I thought Snake was pretty much his clone / genetically based on him somehow.

Thats what i thought too

SPOILERS FOR OLD GAMES Solid Snake is his clone for god's sake and the closest clone to the original, so it make perfect sense for him to sound alike, i sound like my dad, why can't Solid Snake sound like Big Boss?

as for MGS4, as you get older your voice changes slightly, and in big boss's case i just assumed the difference was due to age

this makes no sense at all now

EDIT: so after looking this up, the bloke who did the voice of the fury in MGS3 was the voice of Big Boss in MGS4.......

so its fine for a completely different character to have the same voice, but they can't have Hayter voice two biologically identical people?

Konami Logic at its best

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Did anyone actually watch Geoff Keighley's interview with Kojima from last weak about MGSV?

Despite Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain together comprising Metal Gear Solid V with the former acting as the prologue to the latter which it the main campaign, he seemed reluctant to confirm whether both parts would ship together as one complete game.

He has spoken recently about episodic content and how he feels that could be used to lessen the initial burden on next gen development. Perhaps we could be seeing something along those lines here with Ground Zeroes as a potential digital title and then the main game comes afterwards at retail and connects to it but with the option to also get the full MSGV package at retail as well if you didn't download it.

So Kojima says this is like a soft reboot of Metal Gear and thats why Hayter has gone.......yet the Japanese voice actor remains the same....

Kiefer Sutherland Playing Snake in Metal Gear Solid V

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/06/kiefer-sutherland-playing-snake-in-metal-gear-solid-v

Konami has revealed that 24 star Kiefer Sutherland will play Snake in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

"I wanted Snake to have a more subdued performance expressed through subtle facial movements and tone of voice rather than words," creator Hideo Kojima said. "Furthermore, the game takes place in 1984 when Snake is 49 years old. Therefore, we needed someone who could genuinely convey both the facial and vocal qualities of a man in his late 40s. It's different from anything we've done before."

"It's an honor to be able to play this character," Sutherland said. "This character has an unbelievable legacy. There's a real personal quality to the character that I've connected to. I'm not a gamer, and I even knew about this game. I was certainly keenly aware of the legacy of these games, the unbelievable success of these games."

kiefer-300x164.jpgsnakekeiferpng-30b5af_610w2-300x166.jpg

Ah well,

Can't fault @RealKiefer

Great actor, good man. The game will probably still be excellent.

Like New Coke!

(note that New Coke was generally hated by everyone).

He's playing a killer in this movie, but still. I think he could pull off something really good playing Snake.

I want him to play The Joker in a new Batman movie..

GODDAMNIT! Kiefer Sutherland really pisses me off.

Could be interesting. I still want David Hayter too. Maybe mix them both?

Could be interesting. I still want David Hayter too. Maybe mix them both?

what like a love child? David Sutherland? Keifer Hayter? (sounds like @Daft) :laughing:

24 was gash. A voice actor choice shouldn't be that off-putting, but it is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima is trolling everyone and then at the start of the game it will come up as Snake voiced by David Hayter. :D

The trailer from the Xbox conference...fucking awesome.

And Sutherland can definitely pull it off!

I'm still impressed. Might be my huge bias for the MGS Series, but FUCK ME that trailer is amazing.

And again: Sutherland can and will do it right.

There will be hate, there will be people boycotting the game, but he will do a great job.

That was the most beautiful, horrifying, daunting, amazing, perfect trailer I have ever seen for anything.

The first three minutes...I can now see why Kojima was scared of releasing the game.

Donna Burke, the name sounds familiar... Oh yeah! She performed the main title song in English for Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.