NEurope
CoolFunkMan

MGS V: Ground Zeroes

This has not long been revealed at the VGA awards. There's not much info on what the game actually is, or what formats it'll be on, but it sure looks spectacular! The title is... odd though. :heh:

Let the speculation commence!

This is Metal Gear Solid. Kojima is being sneaky.

Joakim Mogren, where Joakim is an anagram for Kojima.

bwMmT.jpg

l_50c2af78523b04luod.jpg

jQV8v.jpg

mgs.jpg

alt-noscale.jpg

1s06.jpg?w=536&h=302

Merr9.jpg

9d78i2st.gif

Says MGS 'V'

Shamelessly stolen from too many places (neogaf, gt etc.)

Could be MGS Vita given the V. Likely another Ground Zeroes trailer. I guess the blurry vid etc. makes it seem like its a big downgrade visually.

Edited by Choze

Those are some fairly impressive graphics. I wonder if this is destined for next gen.

Haha, no way, I never noticed that! I thought it had an MGS vibe to it. Can't wait to see more. :)

Best thing ever. All signs point to a Kojima production. I love this guy.

Those are some fairly impressive graphics. I wonder if this is destined for next gen.

Well, it's still all speculation and I doubt we can use Moby Dick Studio's Website as a reference, but on their site we can see PS3 and XBox360 logos.

Well Geoff Keighley tweeted that this is all brand new, never seen/announced before and nothing to do with Ground Zeroes even though it's clearly Metal Gear related. I think the blurriness is a more a reflection on the state of Big Boss who is barely conscious and running on instinct, and a lot of help from some other patients, and certainly not an attempt to hide anything graphically.

As good as the Vita is, it's not that good to run something that looks like this. That said, whilst what is on the screen does look fantastic, there isn't a whole lot of it with sparsly decorated rooms and narrow corridoors probably going a long way to help maintain such fidelity. Compared to the open air Ground Zeroes footage, it falls well short on scale. Maybe that's just because they've purposely chosen to show a very limited section of the game (i.e. it doesn't all take place in the hospital/facility, though Boss's attempt to leave doesn't seem to go well) or perhaps, this is coming to existing machines because Ground Zeroes is heading straight to next gen since they can't do all that they want with the limited power.

I've seen some suggestions that this takes place after Metal Gear in which Big Boss gets beaten to a pulp by Solid Snake - hence his condition.

Did the music reming anybody else of the start of Super Metroid when Samus sets foot on a rain lashed Crateria?

Here's a currently active trailer.

So clearly this is something Metal Gear. (unfortunately! as I don't like Metal Gear)

Also Moby Dick is an anagram of 'By Mock ID'.

But is it Ground Zero?

Some of the images Choze posted would suggest so.

I wonder if it's maybe a Vita prologue or something though?

The voice at the end seems to say 'V (as in a German sounding 'He'?) has come to'... so a scrambling of 'Coming to Vita?'

And is also accompanied by a noise similar to that you get in Playstation adverts, before the advert says 'Play-Station'.

It's probably another part of Ground Zeroes.

They did say that two phantoms were born...

Maybe they are actually both part of the same game? Perhaps MGS5 is actually two different MGS games stitched together (each one following a different "phantom")

In stuff like this, people often overlook the obvious.
I just think it's strange we've had 2 different titled Metal Gear games announced.

Everyone just kind of assumed Ground Zero was 'Metal Gear Solid V'... but yet now we've actually been shown something [albeit hidden] called Metal Gear Solid 5.

It's hard to believe they'd be making two different next-gen Metal Gear Solid games, so something just seems a bit up; which is why it might make more sense the V standing for Vita.

But yeah, it's hard to believe those would be Vita graphics. Although personally I think the visuals look a bit odd, everything has a kind of plasticy (PS2/Dreamcast) pre-rendered cutscene look to it, despite not actually being.

I suppose Ground Zero could be the title of a prelude chapter of Metal Gear 5 and they're the same game or something.

Its officially MGS5.

PS3/360

iuaocSysuc43H.gif

iHCRIKPb6Rk8B.gif

Edited by Retro_Link
HDYT Tags

I thought MGS4 was the end?

They're not doing a Halo cash cow are they? Prequel would be decent though since MGS3 was the best game of the lot.

Come on, you didn't really think that did you?

5 Minute reveal trailer = 5 hours of in-game cut-scenes. :p

Hmm but seriously, could be decent...

... for a Metal Gear Solid game.

One to watch anyway. :)

Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes = MGS5!? Shock and awe! :rolleyes:

Anywho, it certainly looks nice, but not having David Hayter as Naked/Solid Snake is so weird. I wonder if they're gonna pull a MGS2 and have two seperate chapters (Phantom Pain = Tanker, Ground Zeroes = Big Shell). I'm much more interested in GZ than PP!

Edit: Looks like my hunch was right! (In reverse mind you, but close enough :p )

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ldp1im

HIDEO_KOJIMA tweeted:

""Ground Zeroes" is a prologue of "MGSV". 9 years after that event will be "The Phantom Pain". MGSV is constructed w/ prologue and main game "TPP". The game play demo I presented today is the opening of "TPP" which is tutorial that starts from crawling."

I hope that doesn't mean that there isnt much actual stealth gameplay in the game and that the majority of it is spent crawling around on the floor!

They're not doing a Halo cash cow are they? Prequel would be decent though since MGS3 was the best game of the lot.

It's a prequel starring Big Boss. Takes place between MGS Peace Walker and MG1 I believe.

Edited by Dcubed

I might be the only one it bugged but I never liked the idea of Hayter as Big Boss. Glad they're going with some one else for him but that isn't to say Hayter is doing Solid Snake in the game.

I'm sure that Hayter is in on the act and that he'll appear as someone else (probably young Solid Snake) later on in the game.

Still doesn't change the fact that it's gonna feel weird as hell playing as a "Snake" that isn't voiced by Hayter!

whoa whoa whoa whoa..... whoa...... whoa Hayter won't be big boss/snake? what the hell that guy IS snake, this could be very weird indeed