NEurope
The Peeps

Cloak and Dagger II

Also @Cube I totally made the code thing up.

I started suspecting that when there were no more. Although that was after sending a PM to The Peeps saying that it was a very clever system, and explaining how I worked out the one not meant for me.

Oh I did much about my findings but...it sounds like I was an investigator who could not effectively investigate Mafia motives/powers (kinda the point of investigators). I guess you could say that if i couldn't find out he was a silencer, then who could? :p (Maybe Dohnut).

It was only DuD that you couldn't get all the info on and I eluded to it being not all of the info. I don't like the idea of one power being able to tear apart the whole mafia. A tracker or reverse tracker could also have worked out he was a silencer had they been active/not targeting themselves most nights (*cough* EEVIL *cough* ;))

lol EEVIL. I'll be having words...

Anyone else work out the code thing? Would work well in DIY when no one could work out by chance what other players' character may be.

There were a lot of hints that Jonnas was still alive. You almost lynched him in fact!

Yeah I thought he could be. Unfortunately not enough people joined in with me and Magnus (and maybe some others, I forget).

MadDog was also a total headfuck for town, I would go as far as calling him Mafia actually.

Shame no one picked up on a slight odd thing DuD said after I was gone (that he was trying to convince I was Mafia). That would imply the silencer was town since I was silenced, which was pretty damn unlikely.

Fun fact: After Eevil basically admitted to be targeting himself, I sent him a Fake PM saying "You have been silenced. Only Jimbob targeted you."

The goal being, if Jimbob's lynch goes awry, Eevil would've pushed it himself.

However, Yvonne had bugged him already, and we found out that he had actually targeted me that night!

Then, Eevil apparently broke his own "silence" to vote for Jimbob anyway, as he had actually been convinced by my PM. It was a convoluted set of circumstances that somehow worked out for us in the end.

EEVIL asked me if he was allowed to vote so I said yes (as he obviously wasn't really silenced, it was just Jonnas' faking a PM). He then asked if he could post it in the thread and I said "you are allowed to post". It was really tempting to just tell him he wasn't silenced but I restrained myself :p

I was hoping he'd also notice that his PM said he had targeted Jimbob when he actually targeted Jonnas but I guess not. It's a shame he was a reverse tracker because obviously no one was targeting Jonnas so it would've been a waste. I probably would've given some hint that Jonnas was still alive instead though.

You did well. I would assume hosts should tell the truth in these cases.

I once got out of a similar Fake Silencing the same way, back in SSBB 2 (I could talk to Nintendohnut outside of the thread, and the PM didn't say anything about him. I asked Diageo if I could talk with Dohnut, and the conversation went such that I ended up asking "But I was silenced, right?" "No, you weren't.")

Also, I guess that the delay between days helped Eevil forget his original target :heh:

I couldn't have found out DuD's power, he was immune to the truth serum. I fact, half the mafia were immune! Making my entire job to basically out townies :-/ I thought my power was extremely awesome when I got it, but by the end of the game I thought it was relatively pointless. Obviously I was targeting the wrong people, but seeing as there were only two people out of 16 that could have actually been a useful target for me I can see why. Still, good game, I was second guessing myself the entire way through and was never really sure what was happening. It would've been nice to get some alignments when players were removed as we were never sure how far from majority we were - at one point in the last night phase I thought there was only one mafioso left and that we would likely win the next day with me questioning Yvonne and it being him or DuD, but that's your decision Peeps so its not really a problem.

Enjoyed it, just wish my power had been as useful as it first appeared!

Ah Dohnut couldn't either...so DuD was pretty immune to any direct proof of being a silencer I guess. Tracking maybe, but that's not really concrete.

I'd like to apologise for leaving the game midway, Sheikah's behaviour was something that just added to a some other stuff which I already explained to my scumnags in crime and I couldn't be doing with it. Well done to them for still managing to pull it off, and for being brilliant about it. I had a really good time, I was worried as it was my first game as mafia in ages - but I felt part of an awesome team! Amazed we managed to do as well as we did, we had a terrible night early on that I thought would entirely destroy us, but somehow survived!

As far as I know Dohnut, DuD was the only mafia member immune to the truth serum, though him being your first choice of mafia target gave us the handy edge of knowing you were out there(plus your not so subtle hinting in the thread). I was worried that it was a broken mechanic, given we had to answer ANY question asked and truthfully too. However, as far as I recall, I did answer everything asked of me when I was serum'd; was quite worried at first expecting a much harsher grilling!

Great game everyone, i kinda expected to be lynched much earlier due to my absence.

Also nearly forgot to add..

MadDog's role was a great addition, and he played it pretty well. Its just a shame for him that we knew he wasn't sending targets.

We were wondering what the hell he was doing

Maybe it's just me, but if I was MadDog I would have pretended I took the cop role at first convenience (perhaps reveal this if pushed) then said a couple of very town-like people should be trusted. Not saying you took the cop role straight away was very suspicious, enough to be lynched.

We knew he wasn't sending targets though, so he wasn't a danger whatever he claimed.

Also Sheikah made him a pretty easy lynch to jump over.

We knew he wasn't sending targets though, so he wasn't a danger whatever he claimed.

Also Sheikah made him a pretty easy lynch to jump over.

He made the lynch on himself a near certainty purely through his own easily unmasked lie (it was a lie after all). So I'm really not sure how he played 'well'. :p