NEurope

I spent a couple of hours this afternoon clearing some parking spaces. Initially I went to clear snow from my car and check it was alright (battery hadn't died etc). But then I realised if I clear where I'm parked and I go out some bastard will just drive in my nicely cleared spot, so I cleared all the spots. Community duties done for the year.. They can thank me never.

Now I see it's fucking snowing again. Time wasted.

Edited by Ramar

Snowing where I am as well. I like snow but not driving in it and not when I can't enjoy it either because I'm ill! :(

Banjo was scared at first and kept trying to get back in the house, but after 30 seconds he was running all over the place loving it.

bpk5.jpg

I. WANT. THAT. DOG! :p

Had a crap load of snow last Friday, must of been an inch or two. I didn't get a snow day either, that was my normal rota'd day off. All public transport was stopped, and expected the same for Saturday (it did snow again over night). But no, the train arrived. And my connection ran on time.

Pavements were suicidal, but have since thaw'd and are slushy snow now (so grippable).

I've had no delays or cancellations of services due to the adverse weather, which i suppose you could call lucky. But 1/2 the department took a snow day or two and they had less snow than i did, which is remotely unfair. As i mentioned on page 1, it's got to be impossible to travel on train/bus/car before they even consider a snow day. And if you call one, they check you ain't lying. If you are, then it comes out of annual leave/flexi or you are "persuaded" to come in.

Peeps, your snowman looks frightening :( Looks like it belongs in Paranormal Activity/Blair Witch/a fake ghost videocamera movie.

It's really starting to kick up again here and good timing I guess, because it's a couple of weeks until the Snow Festival starts that's pretty popular amongst gaming blogs for all the video game related snow sculptures that appear.

Forgive the shitty quality, my phone camera hates poor lighting conditions..

537053_10152448491805720_1695998355_n.jpg

734802_10152448491790720_1775789959_n.jpg

Had an awesome day out with the snow last week. Unexpected fun all day long.

(let me know if these don't work)

379644_10152473086245217_645249888_n.jpg

Clearly we need some sort of explosion in the background (I'm far right)

Loads of snow falling here tonight. Probably a good 4 or 5 inches and it's still going.

Looks like a day off for me tomorrow.

Oh, and the obligatory gif...

funny-gifs-greyhound-tiptoes-through-the-snow.gif?w=320&h=240

Loads of snow falling here tonight. Probably a good 4 or 5 inches and it's still going.

Looks like a day off for me tomorrow.

No wonder people don't know how to drive in the snow if driving instructors take the day off when it's snowing! :p

I like my car too much to have some yokel slide into it! Plus it'll just be an hour of sitting in traffic. And my Xbox gets lonely! And I have a tea and biscuits surplus.

(I'm far right)

Then yeah, I think an explosion would be suitable. However it happens, I'm not fussed.

Snow is insane right now in Sheffield. It's stopped for now, but it had started clearing quite a bit and there was plenty of crusty ice sheets (my shoes had holes in them, but I'd managed until now, the snow sludge completely killed them and they're for the bin!). They said there was more for today and we got a tiny bit, and I laughed, IS THAT IT? Anyways an hour or two later and it's snowmageddon!

Took pictures a year or two back of the snow, and our big garden tree looked so ace and Christmassy! It was the year we actually had snow at Christmas, I think. i remember walking around the city centre thinking, where's the Christmas spirit? Then WHAM!! it just starts snowing and snowing...and snowing. After the cinema we went back to look at the lights and decorations with all the snow and it was ace. Obviously we can't put decorations on our tree (zillions of animals).

Speaking of which, Sheffield had a big Christmas tree down the moor last year which then promptly vanished a few days later. Does anyone from the area know if it was nicked?

Damn you! Goddamn you all to hell! Where's my snow?

I channelled the snow gods with my positive thoughts. Why don't you try...

...oh.

I woke up today and there was snow. I would have thought it was too wet to sick after the storm last night, and it seemed to be warmer this last week.

Just started snowing here, we didn't get any snow a few weeks ago when everyone else got it.

Not sure if it gonna stick but it looks like it falling heavier so it just might :D

Too me 2.5 hours to drive to work today :( normally takes 40 minutes.

Same with me. I walked it though rather than taking the peasant wagon (bus) into work. Cant wait for summer

Got caught in the 'blizzard' this morning on the way to work. Took over 90 minute for a 20 minute journey, missing the start of school. Was mayhem trying to catch up all day. Plus the kids were hyper and didn't want to learn. That's why schools should close on snow days.

Got caught in the 'blizzard' this morning on the way to work. Took over 90 minute for a 20 minute journey, missing the start of school. Was mayhem trying to catch up all day. Plus the kids were hyper and didn't want to learn. That's why schools should close on snow days.

Days like that are almost a write-off. Nobody really understands unless they see it for themselves. The anarchy! :shakehead

Well the snow is coming down thick and fast in Sheffield. Its settling aswell. Going to be fun trying to get home in this.

We had some random snow fall yesterday evening and this morning.

Had a nice blanket of white outside when we woke up. Was nice since we didn't get any snow few months back when everyone else seemed to be getting it.

So my Son and I set to work building his first snowman :D