NEurope

I think it's time for our annual snow thread! I'll kick it off with a little video I shot outside my apartment earlier today.

Show me your moves snow photos/videos!

Cube you liar - it ws snowing here yesterday. It's now become that wonderful slush/ice combo that makes going outside far more effort than it's supposed to be. I'll be studying from home today rather than wandering in to the lab, methinks.

Screw you, Denmark

:p

No snow in my area so far and probably won't get any for a while if at all!

Cube you liar - it ws snowing here yesterday.

Scotland doesn't count.

We never have snow around these parts (unless you live in our tallest continental mountain), so we have to face cold days without pretty snow-related sights.

On the other hand, the sun still appears from time to time. It was sunny enough this weekend for me to have lunch at the beach. So ha! :heh:

Cube you liar - it ws snowing here yesterday. It's now become that wonderful slush/ice combo that makes going outside far more effort than it's supposed to be. I'll be studying from home today rather than wandering in to the lab, methinks.

Currently pissing it down in Barrhead, so presumably Glasgow too.

Lots of lovely slush... Driving to the shop for lunch today!

We never have snow around these parts (unless you live in our tallest continental mountain), so we have to face cold days without pretty snow-related sights.

On the other hand, the sun still appears from time to time. It was sunny enough this weekend for me to have lunch at the beach. So ha! :heh:

I think i must have been up that mountain then. At least, we were driving around on holiday and came across a ski resort randomly in the middle of summer. Needless to say, they weren't doing great business.

None here either but it's been so bloody cold lately except for today. The messed-up thing is that we're in December and it's sunny outside and it's not that cold today! Weird times!

Snow started here in good ol' Sapporo around the 18th of November.

Since then, we've had a couple of snow storms, each one leaving around 4 inches of the stuff. The next 7 days? Snow is supposed to fall at some point during 6 of them.

Speaking as someone who now has to navigate a fairly decent length commute every day into work, snow can fuck right off.

Snow days = working from home for me. It sounds fun, but after a few days of it I start to go a bit mad seeing the same four walls and not talking to anyone in person.

Snow, whats that. We only get it round my area if it's that far south. As far as i know, we ain't due any over my area for sometime.

I think i must have been up that mountain then. At least, we were driving around on holiday and came across a ski resort randomly in the middle of summer. Needless to say, they weren't doing great business.

Well, Serra da Estrela is around here, for reference. In Portugal, snow in that region is a sign that Winter has truly arrived.

We'll probably get the snowfall in January / February. Which sucks balls, I'd love it to snow over Christmas.

When it snows in January / February, the whole fucking southwest comes to a standstill, We're never prepared for it. Highly amusing as it means paid time off work though.

Well, Serra da Estrela is around here, for reference. In Portugal, snow in that region is a sign that Winter has truly arrived.

Hmm maybe not...i think it was Serra de Monchique, but i can't find any reference to a ski resort there, so maybe it just looked like one....

38 degrees here last week heeeyooooh!

But seriously -- nighttime this hot = no chance of sleep. Just sweaty, sweaty sheets. At least in the winter you can add more layers!

Not really looking forward to the cold. I'm still trying to adjust to the heat hike here, so flipping back ot dark-at-4, cold-all-day isn't going to be ANY fun.

UNLESS THERE IS SNOW!!

I think it's time for our annual snow thread! I'll kick it off with a little video I shot outside my apartment earlier today.

Show me your moves snow photos/videos!

#

Where was everyone else in that video? and why do I link snow with being lonely?

I guess nobody in the vicinity felt like going outside at that time. :heh: It's a pretty quiet apartment area, so nothing unusual about it. :) You're right that there's a certain element of solitude associated with snow - maybe that's part of why I like it. :)

Snow can stay the fuck away....

I'm one of the closer ones to the office so I never get leaving early, and I never get snow days!

My raynauds is in full swing in the minus numbers. I forgot my gloves one year and had to shovel 4 inches of snow off my car.. As it does, the blood stopped flowing, and I had to sit in the car for 20 minutes before my hands would regain function!

Bring back the summer :(

Snow can stay the fuck away....

I'm one of the closer ones to the office so I never get leaving early, and I never get snow days!

My raynauds is in full swing in the minus numbers. I forgot my gloves one year and had to shovel 4 inches of snow off my car.. As it does, the blood stopped flowing, and I had to sit in the car for 20 minutes before my hands would regain function!

Bring back the summer :(

I live the furthest from my work, and yet they expect me to come in over say someone who lives 20 minutes from work. I don't get snow days either, and if snow does prevent me from getting to work then i am expected and required to make an appearance to the nearest call centre which deals with my line of work (which happens to be where i work).