NEurope
Aneres11

Home renovation / decorating!

I'm really into interior design (always have been) and have recently been redecorating my bedroom!

It's been a nightmare as I had my TV / console set up on the wall and wanted to move them to a different wall of my room. The only problem with it was that getting them on the wall in the first place so no wires were showing was a nightmare, so moving them to another wall was gonna be torture!

Anyway, I fancied the challenge as I really wanted to change the look of my room.

Here is my TV set up BEFORE:

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214903.png

My bedroom is TINY - so I have always had a single bed. However, I was getting fed up with it and had measured up that a double bed would just about fit, though it wouldn't leave room for much else in the way of furniture.

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214844.png

The pics of my room 'before' are not a true representation of what it was really like. The last couple of weeks i'd taken my desk down and just bought some cheap sets of drawers to go in there to store some crap ha. Hence why it looked awful.

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214853.png

Anyway, I started by taking my TV, shelves and consoles off the wall and got rid of all of the sockets that were at varying heights. I did it that way so the wires wouldn't show and this is how I've done it again now I've redecorated.

Then it was a case of getting plaster board and boarding up the holes that were left from the sockets and then skimming over the wall to cover any holes left from screws / rawl plugs.

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214912.png

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214920.png

Then - once that was done - do the same to the wall the TV was going to be going on! So chop chunks out the wall, fill with sockets and screws and get the shelf up ha.

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214936.png

I then had to move the SKY wires so they fed through the loft and down into the hole I had cut specially for the wires to be 'hidden'.

Then I got all my HDMI cables and fed them through a hole just above the shelf (where they'd poke out and plug into my consoles / sky box etc) so they came out of another hole in the wall that would be behind my TV (to plug into my TV, obvs...!)

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214945.png

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214955.png

Then I stripped my paper, and once all the plaster was dry / walls were sanded etc - I started painting!

I spent loads on furnishing stuff in Next and also got a bit from IKEA. The bed and book case were IKEA - the duvet and most of the cushions were from Next.

The result is below!

I am seriously pleased. I feel like I have made it much more grown up now and as strange as it sounds the fact I've got a double bed in there almost makes the room look bigger? When I thought it'd do the opposite!

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214815.png

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214802.png

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214750.png

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214724.png

ScreenShot2012-12-02at214657.png

Anyway, tell me what you think! Do you guys like to dabble in interior design too? Have you recently decorated and fancy sharing it? Or maybe you want some ideas and some who are into it could help recommend websites / shops for good wall paper / furnishings / furniture etc?!

I think the result looks really nice! But then I thought the way it looked before was quite nice too. Better than what we have here (white walls everywhere, aaaah). =P

It seems like a lot of time and effort went into changing everything though. I don't think I could do any of the stuff like hiding plugs and creating new ones. Seems complicated!

But yeah, I like the end result. It looks really nice. =)

I'd love to redecorate some parts in this flat, but since we just rent it it is not really an option heh. I hope to someday have my own place where I can just do whatever the fuck I want! =D

Whut.

I am ridiculously impressive. Huge kudos. Baking, decorating.....the perfect boyfriend?

Well....you don't read Invincible. ;)

Ha thanks Rez!

I do love me some home reno haha. :santa:

I just struggle getting out of bed even more now!

I have lost count the amount of room changes you have done over the years I have known you...

But every time I am impressed!!! :)

Whut.

Baking, decorating.....the perfect boyfriend?

Back off Rez, he's mine! :heh:

Now now - there's plenty of Aneres11 to go round haha. :p

But you weren't meant to see this thread so you'd get the full extent when you came round haha.

Ah well! It's better in person anyway (modest haha). :D

Now now - there's plenty of Aneres11 to go round haha. :p

But you weren't meant to see this thread so you'd get the full extent when you came round haha.

Ah well! It's better in person anyway (modest haha). :D

Haha, well it took me till today to notice this thread!

I can't wait to get the full extent when I sit on your new bed...

I can't wait to get the full extent when I sit on your new bed...

Haha - wow. It's a good job you've got a GF - or people would talk with statements like that haha. :laughing:

Haha - wow. It's a good job you've got a GF - or people would talk with statements like that haha. :laughing:

Well I don't know what you were thinking but I was merely stating that I am looking forward to seeing your room... ! :p :bouncy:

Yeah, that's going to stop us. ;)

That's pretty impressive.

Do you own the room or are you renting?