NEurope
Mokong

You've Got your Wii U - Talk about it/Show it off here

I might get a Wii U next year.

Funny enough the retail games don't really interest me, but the small, indie, downloadable games sound promising.

Problem is that with my current situation, I can only get a 3G Internet .

Have fun with your new console and games.

Went to Game for midnight launch in Leeds, about 20 there, but some of them were for Farcry 3!

Staff were great and really friendly. I got Premium Bundle and Black Ops 2. Premium Bundle was £309.99 and Black Ops 2 was £54.99. So the total was £364.98. However, if you got those two items together along with a 'Wii U starter pack' (a spare stylus, cleaning cloth, carry case and screen protector valued collectively at £12.99) you got the lot for £349.99! So I was pretty pleased with myself.

I've set up my system and it's now doing the dreaded update. It's taking its sweet time as I expected. When I was in store people were grumbling about the '5GB download', I jumped in and set them right!

I probably will just set up my online account tonight as I'm so tired I don't feel like gaming.

Overall, I'm very happy. I made a saving, the Wii U is a beautiful console and the screen is even better than I remember it - mainly because this is my pad and it isn't covered in finger prints and scratches like the ones at Play Expo! Now, I best go check on that update...

Just back from the midnight launch myself. ZombiU pack with Mario Bros package and Sonic for £25. The gamepad is superb!

My Wii U arrived around midday apparently while I was at work! :)

I got back only a couple of hours ago so I'm currently downloading 'the update' but I can't wait to try out the console properly after I've had a few hours sleep, I should get to play with it for a good couple of hours before I have to go to work again. :hmm:

Oh well, I'm still lucky to have mine already. :D

Now to stare at the screen while deciding what to play first out of New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendoland, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed or Zombi U...

I've set up my system and it's now doing the dreaded update. It's taking its sweet time as I expected. When I was in store people were grumbling about the '5GB download', I jumped in and set them right!

1hn1U.png

Sorry, couldn't resist with the >THAT GUY joke

It's also worth noting I now have a mental image of the actual Zechs screaming "FOOOOLS" in a game shop

Edited by Debug Mode

I orderd my WiiU from Shopto and they got it to me by 11am today, spent a bit of time setting it up in such a way that my girlfriend wouldnt kill me when she got home so effectively had to put it in the exact position that my Wii was in and hide all the cables. Took around an hour to apply the system update so whilst it did that i threw that onto the wiiu gamepad and watched some tv, then kicked off the Wii to WiiU transfer which didnt seem to take long thanks to the adorable Pikmin loading screens.

Tried to play ZombiU and got hit with a title update, so decided to run it on all of the games i bought to save doing it later. It was sadly also shopping night so probably got in around 2 hours per game and a quick test of netflix, youtube and the browser, even tested the games in 3d using the upscaler on my tv. Soo tired now...cant wait to wake up tomorrow lol.

I almost messed up big time yesterday. After getting home from the gig suitably drunk I decided it best to update my Wii U. It was taking ages, as expected, so I decided to leave it running over night. I then forgot that the Wii U was plugged into an extension which was plugged into a timer plug which kills all the power at night.

Thankfully all was okay but it was a bit of a panic this morning when it dawned on me what I'd done! :D

I'm really happy with the Wii U at the moment. I've not noticed any of the long load times that people were moaning about and that was my biggest worry about the OS.

Went to Game for midnight launch in Leeds, about 20 there, but some of them were for Farcry 3!

Did you rage? I bet you raged at them :D

One more hour and I'll have mine, be leaving house in bout 40mins...COME ON TIME MOVE IT

Did you rage? I bet you raged at them :D

One more hour and I'll have mine, be leaving house in bout 40mins...COME ON TIME MOVE IT

No, but I did shout it loud enough so everyone in the store could hear! That way no one else said anything silly haha!

People were actually quite relieved about it to be honest, as a 5GB download is excessive!

All these people who have bought more than one retail game with it... I feel like the poor kid again.

I will hopefully remedy this with a bit of Little Inferno action.

No, but I did shout it loud enough so everyone in the store could hear! That way no one else said anything silly haha!

People were actually quite relieved about it to be honest, as a 5GB download is excessive!

The fact people still believe it, and those sites which reported it haven't issued a retraction annoys me to no end

My second wave of games should arrive today. I ordered Tekken Tag 2 and Assassins Creed III yesterday. I'm off out now to trade in some stuff and pick up either Darksiders 2, Fifa or CoD. Decisions.....

My second wave of games should arrive today. I ordered Tekken Tag 2 and Assassins Creed III yesterday. I'm off out now to trade in some stuff and pick up either Darksiders 2, Fifa or CoD. Decisions.....

Let us know your impressions of which ever one you get! I'm mildly interested in each for differing reasons.

I'm ordering Batman today for my second wave...and maybe Sonic. Have £20 off on my ShopTo account. Was going to download Sonic but all eShop games are RRP so Sonic is £40, not the sub-£30 on all sites.

Anyway...Serebii's impressions. All the people complaining about the Wii U are fools. The OS load times aren't bad at all, they're just not instant. Even connecting to Miiverse was fast...was on it in 10 seconds. Games aren't choppy at all. Everything is just awesome

Played NintendoLand with my brother and we had great fun. Isn't that the point of gaming

So how long on average does the update take? And can you run it in the background like some have said? Don't really fancy waiting all day to update :(

So how long on average does the update take? And can you run it in the background like some have said? Don't really fancy waiting all day to update :(

Seems to take everyone an hour regardless of speed

Finally summoned the strength to unbox the console, sync it to my TV and initiate the update.

Played NintendoLand with my brother and we had great fun. Isn't that the point of gaming

Indeed it is :)

My update ended up taking 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete.

1 hour and 30 minutes to download it, and 10 minutes to install. It got stuck at 20% for what seemed like an eternity, and again at 30%, but then it moved pretty much continuously (albeit slowly :heh:) until the end.

Nintendo Land took about 5-10 minutes to update, but the remaining time on the display was always just seconds to go. ::shrug:

Wii U GET!

Woot.

Just went through the initial set up, get up my Mii, transfered from my 3DS, and now doing the update....slowly....might take a shower :heh:

Did my unboxing video too...so migt edit that after my shower if update still going

SV200633.jpg

got my Wii about 20 min ago, just set it all up but haven't switched it on yet, 2 reasons

1. its freezing! I've been doing Gritting so i've been up since 3.30am and know exactly how cold it was and if these were in a warehouse then they'll have been stored at around -3, so perhaps unwarranted fear is making me let it warm up....the same thing i do with my NES but thats due to age lol

2. Do i need to charge the pad first? oh god i can't take waiting!

would have posted pics but i've unboxed it all so far! got Premium pack and zombiu and nsmbu, might buy something else maybe darksiders?

Nintendo Land took about 5-10 minutes to update, but the remaining time on the display was always just seconds to go. ::shrug:

Those are minutes, not seconds. It's a bit weird how it's laid out, but the remaining time goes like this...

XX:YY (X = hours, Y = minutes)

Update finished downloading...too 58 mins (yeah I timed it bitches, haha)

Was editing my unboxing vid and feeding Oisín breakfast as it was doing that so I didn't notice the time pass much.

It now updating at 45% seems to be going pretty fast.

Got my unboxing vid rendering too which'll prolly take a while but might get that up this afternoon too :D

Update at 53% now :D