NEurope
Mokong

You've Got your Wii U - Talk about it/Show it off here

I am playing Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed online while lying in bed :)

This is the future! Off TV Play is a true killer feature that alone justfies any multiplatform releases on the console. I want to be able to play all my PS360 (and earler console) games like this :D

Even if you don't bother incoporating any real 2nd screen usage, Off TV Play is reason enough to do any port dammit!

I couldn't agree more.

This was the main feature I was most looking forward to and it hasn't disappointed. I pretty much played through all of Mario on the Gamepad and i'm doing the same with Tekken Tag. Usually I get a break from gaming by watching what little TV that I do, but now I can just keep on going! :D

I couldn't agree more.

This was the main feature I was most looking forward to and it hasn't disappointed. I pretty much played through all of Mario on the Gamepad and i'm doing the same with Tekken Tag. Usually I get a break from gaming by watching what little TV that I do, but now I can just keep on going! :D

Problem is that you're gonna need a new excuse to take a break now ;)

However, one issue I have is the gamepad ergonomics. The lumps on the underside of the controller are WAY too flat, nowhere near as large as I'd want. On the other hand, the distance between the shoulder buttons is too large, it's nowhere near as easy to use as it should be.

I actually aired my concerns about the controller in another thread because I felt the same after a brief session in HMV. It didn't feel like Nintendo :hmm:

This happened to me too, have you guys contacted amazon yet? Im getting a replacement for it soon.

Mine wasn't included either (from Tesco Direct)

How did people sort out the internet connection with Virgin?

You'll get used to it, it's just new.

That's certainly possible :smile: When I got the Dreamcast a few years ago I wasn't fond of the controller but I rather enjoy using it now :hehe:

off tv play is sooooo great, i can go and sit with the family while they watch crap and play on the wiiu or just go online

i agree with all the thoughts on multi platform game being justified on wiiu alone for it

easily my favourite console, i just wish bethsada would release fallout and TES games on it and id be in heaven

How great is this console! I was never a massive Wii fan but this console has bought the great memories i had playing Ninty stuff from ths GC era

Could that be because, although there's a screen in the middle, you're pretty much playing with a regular controller again? I was never a fan of the Wiimote/Nunchuck so a return to a more standard control setting for the Wii U is more than welcome.

off tv play is sooooo great, i can go and sit with the family while they watch crap and play on the wiiu or just go online

Yeah, was watching the match today while playing FIFA on the gPad. Was awesome!

Here's a portion of the email I sent Blockbuster, which relates to what happened when collecting our Wii U from their Erdington store on Friday afternoon with my friend.

The Complaint!

Back when the Wii U was first avaiable to preorder at Blockbuster my friend and me visited your Erdington Store Ref 60002. You had a deal which included a Black 32GB wii U Zombi U (bundle) + Nintendo land for only £329.99.

It was the best deal across all the high street shops and we both placed preorders. Since the deal seemed so amazing we confirmed with staff on a number of occasions during repeat visits both games were included- and we were ALWAYS told yes.

Skip to yesterday and we both go to collect our bundle and it's a different story. We were then told that the Nintendo land did not come with the Zombie U bundle, and it was only when we wouldn't back down that the Manager Rodger found the poster/paperwork which was displayed in your story that explained this. He clearly had NO IDEA about this deal, since he said to his assistant Manager 'who made up this poster'- or words to that effect.

He then offered us 3 options

1) A refund

2) The Nintendoland game for an EXTRA £20

3)To remove the Pro Controller from the Bundle.

We were both frustrated and annoyed and I said the Pro Controller is part of the bundle, why would you remove it? his counter point was the Pro Controller was not included on the poster which had been displayed in the store during the preorder period.

He went away and spoke to His District Manager Paul outside of our ear shot- (likely putting his own spin on own story) and returned to say Paul had agreed with his 3 options.

I said I would be complaining, and while Rodger was sorry and did apologise we were both being CHEATED out of the deal. I requested he remove MY pro controller from THE BUNDLE and my friend Warren paid the extra £20.

We left the store and grabbed a bite to eat and both phoned Customer services, but it was an answering machine.

I rang back the store and spoke to Simon the assistant Manager, asking for Paul Digmans number but it was refused to me THREE TIMES! and they were not even prepared to pass on my number for Paul to ring me back, because he is 'not customer facing' and was 'in a meeting for the rest of the day' also the Manager Rodger had since gone home. All very convinient.

I told Simon we would not go away, and continue to complain, and he suggested I leave a message on the customer service line which normally yields a call back within an hour.

We both left a voicemail message and headed back to my friends house.

While there Simon rang my friends home phone and said he had emailed headoffice- clearly your stores have no problems getting in touch- but us mere customers have to jump a lot of hoops.

Simon explained HQ Customer services had agreed to either refund my friends £20 or put it towards a £20 game , which was another deal you were doing for people buying Wii U. He then spoke to me and said I could come and collect my Pro controller when next in the store.