NEurope
Mokong

You've Got your Wii U - Talk about it/Show it off here

This sums up what just happend .

altho shopto failed !, i had to go elsewhere in the end

Edited by Mokong
fixed embed

All Amazon deluxe packs are missing the Nintendo Land game which is supposed to be in the box. Including mine. Sigh.

My update only took 25 minutes. We have 20mb download speed.

Had a brilliant evening of Nintendo Land with my 13yr old nephew. He loved it and thought it was amazing how creative it was and how good the graphics were. He wants a Wii U party this weekend and has been begging his mum telling her she HAS to play as 'the ghost'. Great fun!

I gave my grandad a go too and he played DK's game and the Ninja star game. He enjoyed both but was confused when navigating the menu's. he did enjoy it though saying it's a lot like the Wii (he has one with just Wii Sports).

Anyway, I also took the Gamepad to bed last night...(sounds dodgy).

It didn't work downstairs but worked directly 'under' the console as our games room is in the loft. Was delighted. :)

Was brilliant playing Nintendo Land and FIFA from the comfort of my bed and then checking out the web as well. (Love the way bookmarks are handled with the Mii characterisation).

Might end up replacing my iPad as my 'goto' portal for entertainment.

And yes, the Miiverse is addictive as hell and gives this console more personality than I thought possible.

Looking forward to playing more!

This sums up what just happend .

altho shopto failed !, i had to go elsewhere in the end

I am so steeling that for twitter :D

20121130_130757.jpg

All set up and updated! only took 35min to do it!

got my nintendo network id all set up on to the eshop!

All Amazon deluxe packs are missing the Nintendo Land game which is supposed to be in the box. Including mine. Sigh.

Ah, not just me then. That quashes my theory about a rogue Amazon despatcher rifling through boxes for stuff to sell on ebay. Still annoying though.

Ah, not just me then. That quashes my theory about a rogue Amazon despatcher rifling through boxes for stuff to sell on ebay. Still annoying though.

This happened to me too, have you guys contacted amazon yet? Im getting a replacement for it soon.

Well, The HUt have shipped both my games (Batman and NintyLand), but still not the WiiU (ZombiU bundle), preordered with them on 14th September. Ah well, still can't complain.

This happened to me too, have you guys contacted amazon yet? Im getting a replacement for it soon.

I've contacted them, but heard nothing back yet. By 'replacement', surely you don't mean sending the whole Wii U box back to them for one that has Nintendo Land included?

I've contacted them, but heard nothing back yet. By 'replacement', surely you don't mean sending the whole Wii U box back to them for one that has Nintendo Land included?

Nah, just the Nintendoland I meant there. Screw the e-mail, get on a live chat or phone them! First person I spoke too pretty much said contact Nintendo all the time, wouldn't be good if you kept getting that, especially from e-mail. Keep on them!

Nah, just the Nintendoland I meant there. Screw the e-mail, get on a live chat or phone them! First person I spoke too pretty much said contact Nintendo all the time, wouldn't be good if you kept getting that, especially from e-mail. Keep on them!

I've just got off the phone and they said it's an issue with many customers that have ordered the Premium bundle. "Expect an email in less than 24 hours detailing what the resolution will be."

Hmmm.

They're not 'all' missing NintendoLand, just some of them...unless you have other sources to say different?

I've just got off the phone and they said it's an issue with many customers that have ordered the Premium bundle. "Expect an email in less than 24 hours detailing what the resolution will be."

Hmmm.

Well atleast there's some sort of fix for it, still, I want my bloody Nintendoland already!

They're not 'all' missing NintendoLand, just some of them...unless you have other sources to say different?

Was under the impression it was all of them, but I guess people who got it wouldn't be talking about it. When I phoned Amazon they said 'loads' of people had been in touch about it. They still haven't called me back though.

My second day purchases!

creed.jpg

cod1.jpg

Never has a console at launch cost me so much!

I know that feeling, but thats a great collection you have!

Update is downloading!

Unfortunately, this is what my screen looks like currently

RCaSE.jpg

It's actually even pinker than that photo suggests.

My TV is HD, but it's fairly old and 'affordable' and pretty crappy by today's standards, so I hope I will be able to rectify this with some tinkering...

Edited by D_prOdigy

That's extremely weird. Do you have another display you can rig it up to for testing like a computer screen? Best case scenario is a duff cable, worst case scenario is an issue with the television or console. Do other HD input sources display okay? Have you tried setting the system to other resolutions?

It could also be the HDMI input tint setting is all the way red, rather than neutral.

My second day purchases!

cod1.jpg

Never has a console at launch cost me so much!

You tried the headset yet, is it any good?

That's extremely weird. Do you have another display you can rig it up to for testing like a computer screen? Best case scenario is a duff cable, worst case scenario is an issue with the television or console. Do other HD input sources display okay? Have you tried setting the system to other resolutions?

It could also be the HDMI input tint setting is all the way red, rather than neutral.

I'm not actually so bothered if it's the TV because I'm getting a new one at Christmas anyway, and I can - I hope - make do on my Wii Component Cable. It's still updating right, but I'll switch it over to see if it works on the component when it's finished. I don't have any other HD device at hand to see it works fine, but I'll see if the Wii U works any better on the big TV downstairs later.

I'm not actually so bothered if it's the TV because I'm getting a new one at Christmas anyway, and I can - I hope - make do on my Wii Component Cable. It's still updating right, but I'll switch it over to see if it works on the component when it's finished. I don't have any other HD device at hand to see it works fine, but I'll see if the Wii U works any better on the big TV downstairs later.

sure it isn't loose in the socket? my old HD tv/dvd combi had two sockets and one even when things were in it, had flickering screens etc, and jamming it in further fixed it

i replaced that thing

sure it isn't loose in the socket? my old HD tv/dvd combi had two sockets and one even when things were in it, had flickering screens etc, and jamming it in further fixed it

i replaced that thing

I've tried pushing it in but to no avail. It was particularly alarming when the GamePad faded down a bit during the update: the TV screen turned a brilliant bright green.

ANYWAY I've changed the settings and now I've got it connected with my Wii Component Cable and it's perfectly fine. It would have been only 720p anyway, so there's little difference in the end.