NEurope
Mokong

You've Got your Wii U - Talk about it/Show it off here

Well, my Wii U has arrived (yay! :yay:) got it all out of the box and setup, but haven't powered it up yet. Why?... Because it's absolutely freezing! :o

Seriously, the touch screen on the game pad was soaked with condensation! And the console itself feels like an ice cube.

Dunno if the delivery guy had it next to some frozen meat or something :heh: but it's ridiculously cold.

So yeah, I'm waiting for it to acclimatise a bit before powering it up, just to be on the safe side.

Really want to start the system update though! Arrgghh, this is worse than waiting for it to arrive in the first place. :laughing:

By the way, I never got my dispatch e-mail. :heh:

That is odd... is it cold outside? Maybe the delivery guy left a window opened and his van got frozen on the inside....or maybe it was a refridgerated van :heh:

That is odd... is it cold outside?
Not really, no.

Maybe the delivery guy left a window opened and his van got frozen on the inside....or maybe it was a refridgerated van :heh:
God knows. :blank:

Oh man what should I do? I really wanna turn her on, but she still feels cold. :heh:

NINTENDO ID GET!

Hero-of-Time-UK

Well happy I was able to nab that.

I have to say, the OS is REALLY slow. It takes ages to skip between programmes. I've yet to try a game out yet as I've been too busy playing around with all the other stuff. :D

NINTENDO ID GET!

Hero-of-Time-UK

Well happy I was able to nab that.

I have to say, the OS is REALLY slow. It takes ages to skip between programmes. I've yet to try a game out yet as I've been too busy playing around with all the other stuff. :D

They're said to be fixing that with the next firmware update in the middle of next month

Glad to see and hear many of you with a WiiU already, i'm waiting patiently. Got a tonne of 360 and 3DS games to clear before a purchase shall be made, and by then i should have the funds. Quicker if a certain company gives me a rebate (which i'm due one of around £250)

My console was also very cold with a lot of condensation on it, left it awhile before starting it up.

I might tomorrow :D

I would have my own ZombiU bundle by then midnight launch can't wait

They're said to be fixing that with the next firmware update in the middle of next month

Good stuff. Its not really an issue, just take some getting used to thats all.

My Wii U package was also cold.

I typed this message on the Wii U. :D

Good stuff. Its not really an issue, just take some getting used to thats all.

My Wii U package was also cold.

I typed this message on the Wii U. :D

How do we look on the browser? :D

Has anyone got Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 Wii U yet?

Here's some pictures.

qa9p6.jpg

8cd5p.jpg

6h8ix.jpg

3mns2.jpg

i1sbn.jpg

Btw, my Wii U was also very cold.

Still updating
What time did you start? I've been going for about 25 minutes now and it's only around 20% downloaded.

For those that have updated already, how long does the actual installation phase take?

Has anyone checked out the eShop yet? Eager to know what is currently available for us to download!

BTW my update wasn't that slow really. Took about 40mins all in all (or so I was told by those enjoying it home right now, while I'm here at work...)

And my boxes were all really cold too. Strange, but it's working fine and nothing's damaged so I don't care :)

Edit: Nevermind, found a partial list here http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/nintendo_download_30th_november_2012_europe_wii_u_edition

WTF!? Is Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed really £39.99!? That's £10 ABOVE the retail RRP and the DD price on all other platforms, WTF SEGA!?

Can someone check the price of that game on the eShop for me? That can't be right surely? The RRP is £29.99!

Edited by Dcubed

Shit, thought my Wii U bricked there for a second...it took a short while to load after the update reboot and was just displaying black on both screens

Shit, thought my Wii U bricked there for a second...it took a short while to load after the update reboot and was just displaying black on both screens
How long was the install process?

I swear the progress bar has stopped on my update... :shakehead

How long was the install process?

I swear the progress bar has stopped on my update... :shakehead

It was done. It was the natural reset

@\-Dem0\- in the Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 game is there a Nuketown 2025 ticket and a club Nintendo ticket?

I thought the same.

Has anyone checked out the eShop yet? Eager to know what is currently available for us to download!

BTW my update wasn't that slow really. Took about 40mins all in all (or so I was told by those enjoying it home right now, while I'm here at work...)

And my boxes were all really cold too. Strange, but it's working fine and nothing's damaged so I don't care :)

Edit: Nevermind, found a partial list here http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/nintendo_download_30th_november_2012_europe_wii_u_edition

WTF!? Is Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed really £39.99!? That's £10 ABOVE the retail RRP and the DD price on all other platforms, WTF SEGA!?

Can someone check the price of that game on the eShop for me? That can't be right surely? The RRP is £29.99!

Is the eShop up? I couldnt access it before.

Mario is now updated. Time for some Nintendo HD lovin!

NINTENDO ID GET!

Hero-of-Time-UK

Post it in the Nintendo Network ID thread.

I'll add you later by the way

@\-Dem0\- in the Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 game is there a Nuketown 2025 ticket and a club Nintendo ticket?

No nuketown 2025 ticket but it does come with stars.