NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MarioDS

Zelda TP won't use Revolution Paddle

Huumm....I'm going to start reading only oficial things....I don't know what to think about this.All I qant is to play this game soon.

Perhaps GameCube games can't be forwards compatible. In fact, I'd assume that that is the precise reason for it.

But then, Nintendo wants to make it the best GCN game it can be. Now that's not possible if some of the focus is shifted to Revolution support.

I think I prefer it this way, and wait for a proper Revolutionary Zelda. Because that way, it will have been designed for the Revolution from the ground up, and therefore will be less flawed.

So where did Nintendo deny it? They simply said that NGC are speculating that the Revolution will have extra control options when playing Zelda. Oh, Masaki, if you don't like the "paddle" then you won't be buying a Revolution, so your point is moot, it wouldn't be of any concern to you.

With Zelda not using the Rev control,it wont come out along-side with it,I can see the Rev coming out late '06 now

But then where did NGC get that information from? They couldn't just have made it up. I'm still hoping for a Rev control scheme, that article really made me get my hopes up.

This is Zelda is set for GC mainly because it's supposed to be the last of its kind, the Revolution Zeldas would and will be significantly different. If this Zelda was controller with the revmote, the difference wouldn't be that big. NGC am cry.

Ninty never said it would not use the controller, and intill soehting is conformed by ninty thems selfs it will always be specualtion. Ninty could well show off at E3 with zelda controlled b the rev. Either way it doessn't bother me to much, a rev zelda will come out at some point anyway.

"The article in the January edition of NGC Magazine is pure speculation." Nintendo

Imo this sounds almost like a confirmation, otherwise they would say NGC made this up, they are wrong or something like it and NGC was also right about RE DS, and why would they made such a long article that turned out to be wrong. They would lose all their credibility.

What else can Nintendo say if they make an announcement about a rumour that could be quite possibly true?

They could of easily said No if it wasnt planned for twilight princess because if they where to start developing that control scheme right this present time then it would have another big delay... a delay that would make it more less pointless for the GC considering how the lifespan of the GC is fading.

The only source i'll believe over NGC is an official Nintendo announcement.

I never believed the NGC article anyway. To me, it just sounded like something interesting to sell a few more issues at this quiet time of year.

They've not denied so you never know. What have they spent all that extra time on? Guarantee it'll use the revo controller, it makes too much sense not too.

I'm still saying the the Revolution controller will be used, but not for something like swordfighting but rather fishing.

A few people have already said this but: it really doesn't deny it, it merely says that NGC is reporting things that haven't been confirmed yet.

It's no different from when they say "we do not comment on rumour".

I can't beleive it is even possible though,they would have to make two completely different engines for it to work with both the rev and cube.

Don't some GameCube games run on modified N64 game engines?

Its just a different control scheme, should be no harder than a PC game that allows you to chose between a Keyboard/Mouse and a Controller.

I can't beleive it is even possible though,they would have to make two completely different engines for it to work with both the rev and cube.

It could run off the same engine as the rev can play cube games anyway and the development kits are very simular. The technology to add axtras for a differnt format is soemthing ninty has allready done, take mario and luigi if played on a cube using a gba player add on, it can have ruble feature turned on.

If the Revolution controller data is written to a section of memory that was also in the Cube (in the first 24 MBs that is), there's no problem. Then it can still run in Cube mode with Rev control support. That makes it really easy to pull off for the developers as well.

I say forget the idea of TP having Revolution controls, and just release the game on the Gamecube AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

I don't care if it uses Revolution controls or not, it's a great idea, but i don't know why, i would prefer this particulary Zelda game to have normal Gamecube controls.

Now give Europe, USA and Japan a god-damn official release date for it Nintendo!

:heh:

I say forget the idea of TP having Revolution controls, and just release the game on the Gamecube AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

I don't care if it uses Revolution controls or not, it's a great idea, but i don't know why, i would prefer this particulary Zelda game to have normal Gamecube controls.

I doubt TP has been delayed just to add Revolution control options, they've said they wanted to give the game the time it deserved in development, i.e. Wind Waker lost two major dungeons so they could get it out the door. If Revolution control options are being added, it will be done alongside whatever else they working on, not the sole goal of their current efforts.

Sign in to follow this