NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

One thing I think Bungie could do is patch in something useful for the D-Pad to do, something like this...

Up - switch Subclass

Left - cycle Primary weapon

Down - cycle Special weapon

Right - cycle Heavy weapon

It's such a pain in the ass going into the options menu to change weapons!

I actually think this is a necessary limitation. If you could switch damage type so easily a lot of challenge would be lost.

I actually think this is a necessary limitation. If you could switch damage type so easily a lot of challenge would be lost.

But it's so annoying especially when you have a load of exotics as you can only equip one. Meaning that you have to go in the menu whilst risking being shot at.

To be honest I've never thought of it like that... I guess it does add a level of planning to the game rather than allowing you to destroy everything. Same goes to how you lose ammo when you switch weapons - makes it seem more like a design choice than a lack of thought.

To be honest I've never thought of it like that... I guess it does add a level of planning to the game rather than allowing you to destroy everything. Same goes to how you lose ammo when you switch weapons - makes it seem more like a design choice than a lack of thought.

Probably the same way it adds to the level of planning of the game when it constantly disconnects you and throws you out of the fireteam. ;)

Probably the same way it adds to the level of planning of the game when it constantly disconnects you and throws you out of the fireteam.

While I think quick weapon changes would make the game more manageable I can see why they've done it. In their last game, Halo, they only let you have 2 weapons at once. I think they're just being a bit too mindful about not letting you be too powerful.

While I think quick weapon changes would make the game more manageable I can see why they've done it. In their last game, Halo, they only let you have 2 weapons at once. I think they're just being a bit too mindful about not letting you be too powerful.

This is true and a good point. I think it'd be good, and not too overpowering, if they let you assign one more of each class of weapon to the D-Pad.

I'd like to be able to switch out my sniper for something a little more close combat fairly readily, that's the main one for me.

I'd kind of like something like so...

My main set-up:

Auto Rifle

Sniper Rifle (Exotic)

Rocket Launcher

Up - switch Subclass

Left - Shotgun (Exotic)

Down - Fusion Rifle

Right - Machine Gun (Exotic)

This way you'd have to manage your Exotics carefully still but it adds a little choice to alleviate some of the hassle of swapping weapons.

In my example, if I wanted to swap to my Shotgun I'd have to swap out my Sniper first, likewise with the Machine Gun.

So it'd be similar to how on a Zelda you have a vast array of items but you can assign some to certain buttons but if you want to change them you'd still go into the menu. At least then you don't have instant access to too many weapons... no?

Edited by Kav

I guess that would work, but maybe with a timer (similar to holding square to interact with things) to equip new weapons. That way going into the menu in a cumbersome fashion is gone, but they've still got a handicap to reduce overpowering.

I guess that would work, but maybe with a timer (similar to holding square to interact with things) to equip new weapons. That way going into the menu in a cumbersome fashion is gone, but they've still got a handicap to reduce overpowering.

Yeah sounds good to me, that way you can still have the chance to dodge enemy attacks. Compared to getting attacked whilst changing weapon in a menu screen in the middle of a fight.

I quite like running and hiding in order to switch things out in the inventory :p feels like I'm actually coping under fire. And really how long does it take, 2 seconds? Less?

I quite like running and hiding in order to switch things out in the inventory :p feels like I'm actually coping under fire. And really how long does it take, 2 seconds? Less?

For me it's enough to break the feeling of being truly immersed in the game, that irks me. People moan about looking at the Gamepad from the TV on WiiU breaking immersion but this is worse, especially so because it's fiddly.

Also, you do have to find cover to change, leaving you teammates without you, however briefly... I don't want to leave those guys man!!! Haha

The game is designed so you have to manage your weapons encounter to encounter, which is great because it encourages different styles of play. Otherwise why not just include a weapon wheel and the ability to choose between 27 guns.

The game is designed so you have to manage your weapons encounter to encounter, which is great because it encourages different styles of play. Otherwise why not just include a weapon wheel and the ability to choose between 27 guns.

Encounter to encounter is great, sure, but sometimes you want to be able to switch out a weapon for use quickly, particularly on boss fights. For example, fighting Phogoth in the Summoning Pits, I'm usin my sniper to hit his weak point and then the Wizards come, I'd like to be able to switch out to a fusion rifle to take them out. To do so it's fiddly.

Sometimes I'm playing and just fancy switching weapons frequently because that's the mood I'm in, it'd be nice having that there as opposed to having to go into the menu to do so.

I get why they've not done it, all I'm saying is that I'd prefer it if they did it another way. The last suggestion I think seems a fair one I reckon.

That you can change weapons shows it's not something they don't want, just the way you have to do it (even when not in battle) irks me.

Weapon and class switching is a bit of an issue in a firefight on the PS3 as the more enemies you have, the longer it takes for you to

1. reach the actual menu screen

2. load up the actual things you have your inventory.

Many times I have been killed while making the switch that I just expect it now. So basically, I would be all over this dpad class switching.

Anyone fancy doing the weekly heroic strike with me later tonight?

@Blade and I will do if you fancy?

Sounds good, trying to do it on my todd at the moment but not sure how well it's going to go! Shall we say 9:30?

It's only the Earth strike but I'm pretty shit :heh:

Oh tomorrow?

Can't do tomorrow sorry. Weekend or any other day I could! Real shame as I wanted to do it again with you guys. :(

Sounds good, trying to do it on my todd at the moment but not sure how well it's going to go! Shall we say 9:30?

It's only the Earth strike but I'm pretty shit :heh:

Yeah sure, 9:30 it is!

Yeah sure, 9:30 it is!

awesome, dunno if you can join my fire team when I'm mid way through doing it - just about to start the fight against Sepiks Prime so if you could join now then that would be pretty awesome!

@Sheikah - If we can't do tomorrow, we'll just do 3pm on Sunday like last week.

Sounds good. We can basically only do this once a week anyway, so if weekend works better for people then that'd be sweet.

Did anyone come across any glitches last night.

Was gaming with kav and selected to do some bounties. There were a couple that required a particular enemy to be destroyed. I selected the story and it sends us straight to the final area. One of the bounties we couldn't do as the enemy was before this area. We even back tracked but he wasn't spawned in. Very strange.

Also i've learnt the names of vast amounts of animals due to the constant disconnects that @kav82 has. A complete joke that it just disconnects him all the time!

@kav82 have you checked if your router has a "DMZ" option that you could put your PS4's IP/mac into? I had to do that with the Wii U to connect at all on Mario Kart.