NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

What's the deal with the weekly strikes not searching for other players? No way in hell can I do that shit on my own :/

If i'm online hit me up for the weekly strikes i'm more than happy to do them,

There is a few you can do on your own if you don't mind retrying a lot and/or know where you can hide from the last boss...running hiding and sniping are the only way to kill some

I will most definitely join you @Daft

Ace. What time you free? Anytime after lunch for me is good.

Ace. What time you free? Anytime after lunch for me is good.

All day pretty much.

Tried my first Raid with @Blade and a group of randoms last night. They've all done it before so I was the total noob not having a clue what was going on (they hadn't explained well)... whereas the majority imof it was fun the final boss felt like it was just hard for the sake of being hard and not fun at all... although at this point it was almost 5am do it may have just been that I was too tired, haha.

Tried my first Raid with @Blade and a group of randoms last night. They've all done it before so I was the total noob not having a clue what was going on (they hadn't explained well)... whereas the majority imof it was fun the final boss felt like it was just hard for the sake of being hard and not fun at all... although at this point it was almost 5am do it may have just been that I was too tired, haha.

You guys get any raid armour? Did you finish it, Kav?

I'll join if there is a spot free @Daft

All day pretty much.

Ace, @Dan_Dare @Shorty @lostmario @Sheikah and me +1, that makes 6.

That makes three Hunters, two Warlocks and a Titan. (I think)

Kick off is at 3pm. If we could all aim to be online promptly (like 5 minutes before), that'd be ace. I guess I'll be Fireteam leader if no ones got any objections.

Any questions?

I've got myself a few exotic weapons now, it's been a good couple days of Destiny for me. I've got:

Thorn - hand cannon.

Universal Remote - shotgun (sits in the primary weapon slot).

Ice Breaker - sniper rifle.

Pocket Infinity - fusion rifle.

Super Good Advice - machine gun.

...and I've got the bounty for Bad Juju - pulse rifle.

Yup, ready for later. :)

Apparently this is a much easier and more efficient way to tackle Atheon:

Having trouble beating Atheon? Your problems are solved. My clan figured out a way to beat him in 4 portal runs (about 5-6 mins). He's really not that hard, and with practice, your team will be able to beat him in no time! So listen up!

You need all six people and at least one of them needs to be a Titan. That Titan is the key because he has a bubble shield the makes the guardians that goes into it have damage boost. VERY IMPORTANT!!! Another thing you need to know is which portal is on which side. From where you spawn, green is on the right and yellow is on the left. And lastly, your three best players need to be the group that gets teleported. The outside group has it pretty easy.

Now on to the strategy. When the portal group gets teleported, they need to call out if they're in the green room or yellow room so the outside group knows which portal to open up. After that the person with the highest health grabs the relic and heads down to kill the enemies in the room along with another portal group member. The other member of the portal group needs a good gun to focus on killing all seven oracles. By the time he's killing the fourth oracle, the other two should have the enemies dead. Everybody cleanse, kill the rest of the oracles, and cleanse one more time after exiting the portal.

Now the outside group. It's your job to clear enemies while opening the right portal for the portal group. That's basically it, but very important. And don't die!

Now when the portal group walks out of the portal, the relic guy should scream "middle now!". Five members (including the Titan) jump on the middle platform where no enemies can get you (the other member should be doing ad control). The relic guy has infinite shield with the relic then. Everyone can shoot out of it and Atheon can't shoot in. Note: from the time you kill the last oracle, you get a damage boost for 25 seconds. So everyone get to the middle quick! Now here's the great part! The relic guy stands towards the front of the middle ledge while the Titan drops his shield behind it. When a player walks in and out of the titans shield he gets a damage boost for about ten seconds. And yes, that does mean THE DAMAGE BOOST STACKS ON TOP OF THE OTHER DAMAGE BOOST!!!!! Get your boost from the Titan shield, step into the relic shield, and unleash hell on atheon! You'll notice a difference when you're doing thousands of damage each time.

When the timer in the left hand corner gets down to about 4 seconds, everyone scatter back to their positions. After that, it's like clockwork. Repeat this a few more times and you'll have Atheon beat in no time! It'll take a little practice for everyone to get their role down, but it works flawlessly. You can vary the strategy up any way you want but like I said. My clan beat it in 5 mins with no deaths using this strategy.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to ask any questions. My gamer tag is cheetohboy if anyone needs me to personally help them beat Atheon.

As I suspected, only one person deals with the Oracles initially when they get warped, both the relic holder and one other need to kill the mobs first. Too difficult for just the relic holder to kill all the mobs.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

Well done on the raid all. Did anyone get any videos? I recorded a lot of it and might string it together at some point.

Didn't think to record sorry.

Loving the new auto rifle, at max upgrades it has the same attack as the exotic suros but it's also void element. Pretty good for a primary weapon for future raids (also does more damage to Oracles).

This game is starting to annoy me. I want to do the Raid, but I'm not a high enough level. I'm stuck at level 24 and haven't picked up any Legendary equipment/engrams since I picked up that Sniper Rifle weeks ago. I'm doing the Vanguard Strikes and playing the Crucible semi-regularly, but it seems to take forever to level up your Vanguard/Crucible ranks, so I'm still far away from being able to buy the armour.

To all of you who are now level 28-29, did you buy your way to that level or did you get the armour through the random drops?

This game is starting to annoy me. I want to do the Raid, but I'm not a high enough level. I'm stuck at level 24 and haven't picked up any Legendary equipment/engrams since I picked up that Sniper Rifle weeks ago. I'm doing the Vanguard Strikes and playing the Crucible semi-regularly, but it seems to take forever to level up your Vanguard/Crucible ranks, so I'm still far away from being able to buy the armour.

To all of you who are now level 28-29, did you buy your way to that level or did you get the armour through the random drops?

You have to buy your equipment. Relying on drops is absolutely not the way to go, unfortunately.

Unfortunately you missed the Queen's missions which basically give you a body armour and headgear legendary for next to no work. =/

Yeah, and Xür will get you an exotic easily. I've maxed out Vanguard marks for at least three of the weeks, it's easy.

I have a couple exotics from Xúr, gauntlets from the Raid (which were Sunbreakers), armour from Dead Orbit and I bought boots and a helmet from the Vanguard lady.

I got the Plan C exotic pulse rifle at the end of the Raid. Not too happy because I have five exotic weapons now, but not too bothered either. I now have over 40 Ascendent Shards and nothing I can do with them. Still need Ascendent Energy. Only got 9 of them.

Edited by Daft

My Titan is now basically red and white :D

Also had a decent weekend on this topped off by gaming with @kav82 in the small hours of Sunday morning doing one of his exotic bounty missions. It was in the Summoning Pits on a ridiculous difficulty. Excellent team work meant that it was eventually done!

Unfortunately it appears that once I have completed the days bounties and heroic daily story there isn't much left to do in the game :(

Just need to do the Raid more to get Raid gear really, that and collecting upgrade materials, urgh.

Just a thought but does anyone else think that Bungie should have perhaps reversed the rank levels needed for buying weapons and armour from the Vanguard/Faction vendors?

Been thinking this for a while now as Bungie have more or less put levelling passed lvl 24 behind all the rep and mark grinding so why not have that as the Level 3 purchasable rather than the weapons. More or less saying this out of annoyance at the amount of grinding I need to do to get legendary weapons when I've already gotten all of my gear to that stage, with an exotic chest piece, but I think it would make more sense seeing as there's no point me buying gear now as I've already started maxing out the upgrades on them so it wouldn't be necessary to downgrade to start that all over again but only have legendary special weapons and am hating the grind to be able to get anything other.

Pretty much got the max amount of Crucible marks I can hold at a single time but can't buy any weapons :blank:

Ahhh, who knows, maybe I'll get lucky with the decryption of a Rare primary weapon engram one day :indeed:

Unfortunately it appears that once I have completed the days bounties and heroic daily story there isn't much left to do in the game :(

Once you've done your daily bounties and the daily quest, that is about 2 hours.

I wish every game had me coming back each day to play it a minimum of 2 hours.

Got some gloves from the raid, so need to level that up plus farm more materials.

Also, great team work with the raid yesterday. Took us about 2 and half hours to finish it.

One thing I think Bungie could do is patch in something useful for the D-Pad to do, something like this...

Up - switch Subclass

Left - cycle Primary weapon

Down - cycle Special weapon

Right - cycle Heavy weapon

It's such a pain in the ass going into the options menu to change weapons!

Edited by Kav

Once you've done your daily bounties and the daily quest, that is about 2 hours.

I wish every game had me coming back each day to play it a minimum of 2 hours.

Got some gloves from the raid, so need to level that up plus farm more materials.

Also, great team work with the raid yesterday. Took us about 2 and half hours to finish it.

I love the idea that the more times you do the raid, the more stuff you get that lets you rinse the raid next time.

There's quite a lot to do in a day given that most people only have a few hours to spare on weekday evenings. 10 bounties (plus whatever events bounties there may be), the daily heroic on L28 and a daily public event. Then whatever exotic weapon bounties you have, too.

I often find I don't complete it all in the hour or two I have in evening session during the week. And that's if you don't choose to do stuff on another character too to get more ascendants.