NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Ok so I've only just properly realised this isn't just next-gen - should I be getting this for my 360 or PS3? Which one is more sensible if I do? Where's the best place for me to get a good lowdown on this? I know so very little about it, and suddenly I'm intrigued!

Edited by Rummy

Does anyone fancy donating their PSN+ trial they get with Destiny If they already have PSN+?

Purely because I'd assume everyone that is getting Destiny would already have PSN+, and I'm not getting Destiny till end of September but my PSN+ expired and I've yet to pay for my renewal.

Fucking finally. :blank:

Dat Ghost Edition.

ZeGNtdM.jpg

HWjRR6I.jpg

Dat Ghost Replica.

I5nazGX.jpg

DAT GHOST REPLICA.

Mtm8Ui4.jpg

ArEfcSZ.jpg

N4wrO7y.jpg

Cjd6f2i.jpg

UuS1jES.jpg

0xUeIAR.jpg

Z9wjFBG.jpg

Alright, it's time to play the game. :bowdown:

Does anyone fancy donating their PSN+ trial they get with Destiny If they already have PSN+?

Purely because I'd assume everyone that is getting Destiny would already have PSN+, and I'm not getting Destiny till end of September but my PSN+ expired and I've yet to pay for my renewal.

Yep, more than happy to send it your way! Just got PSN+ sorted yesterday, so all good till December and then I'll renew it then so don't need the month trial. I'll send it to you in a PM :D

--------------------------

Got home a couple of hours ago but haven't yet had time to play this yet. It's sitting there taunting me and telling me to play it but I had chores to take care of first :( All the playing will be happening tonight though. Just been reading up on the classes and sounds like my choice of Warlock as my first character might be a bit of a bad choice as they seem the hardest to work with and as I didn't get the chance to play the Alpha or Beta maybe I'll go with Titan instead. Though I'll probably be having each class going once I'm up to speed with everything.

It's here! Applying the update and I'll be shooting things across the solar system :D

Ok so I've only just properly realised this isn't just next-gen - should I be getting this for my 360 or PS3? Which one is more sensible if I do? Where's the best place for me to get a good lowdown on this? I know so very little about it, and suddenly I'm intrigued!

Get it on whichever platform your friends are getting it on.

Someone fill me in on how good it is! Mine arrived from Tesco today, paid £24 but they had no tshirts (that were free in the offer) so they refunded me a fiver and i still got a decent headset!

Problem is that my PS4 is at home and I'm working away in Redditch all week! Let me live vicariously through you all!

Cube is right that you should get the game on whichever platform your friends are getting it on (so... PS4? :p), but failing that, Bungie has a lot more experience with the 360, so that version is supposed to look a lot better.

Cube is right that you should get the game on whichever platform your friends are getting it on (so... PS4? :p), but failing that, Bungie has a lot more experience with the 360, so that version is supposed to look a lot better.

Although the PS3 version has exclusive content. The graphics are pretty dreadful, though.

'You have been returned to Orbit due to a network error.'

That didn't take very long then, troubles already. :indeed:

PSN is fine for me.

I'd like to try some co-op at some point if any one needs an extra man. I'm only lvl 6 currently and dicking about on earth.

Must have been a one-off, it happened in the middle of a mission thought I was pleased to find that I was able to get right back into it almost exactly where I left off which is excellent. :)

'You have been returned to Orbit due to a network error.'

That didn't take very long then, troubles already. :indeed:

Yeah it's happened to a few of us it seems.

The 360 version looks better? I doubt that somehow :P

Why? Bungie's been developing games for the 360 for seven years and the PS3 architecture is completely different.

Lost connection twice. Once during a mission and once during PvP. And I couldn't/still can't create a party...:blank:

Gonna take a break now and eat :laughing:

Why? Bungie's been developing games for the 360 for seven years and the PS3 architecture is completely different.

Apologies dude, I'm going blind. I thought you were talking about the PS4 not PS3.

Edited by bryanee

Going through the Destiny app I found out that Grimoire Cards offer bonuses :o

For example:Getting the Old Russia card to Rank II (2500 kills in the Cosmodrome, I assume) will earn "Extra materials drop from material nodes in this destination."

Damn. Can't wait to see what kind of and how many bonuses there are.

The App is awesome. You can view a map, view your Character, organize your equipment. And some people say that second screen apps are stupid :D

Edited by drahkon

I've been sneakily reading this thread at break-times and dinner-time when at work. It's actually been very nice to see so many people off this forum excited about the same game. No arguments, no negativity, just gamers excited about gaming.

I've been a bit nervous all day and didn't expect it to get here. But, I arrived home after work and found the package leaning on my door! It's heeeeere.

Downloaded the update. Going to have some food (Indian, hnnnnnnnnng) for our poverty anniversary meal (too tired to go out, too late, have people coming at the weekend so going out then anyway) and then will pop this on. I have no fucking idea what this game is about. It's...quite exciting really. All of my games so far for the PS4 have been steps into the unknown. Tomb Raider, WatchDogs, the Last of Us, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, they're not very well known to me.

Caved and bought the guardian edition or w/e its called for PS3. Decision to buy was really helped by being able to get a free upgrade to the ps4 version (and constantly seeing the positive chatter in here). Seems to run smoother than it did in beta but I could just be fooling myself. Anyone else have this on 'last-gen'?

EDIT: Also who do I have to beg to get an invite to the clan

Edited by Deathjam

Apologies dude, I'm going blind. I thought you were talking about the PS4 not PS3.

:blank: I am talking about the ps4...

N-europe clan? how does one join this? did i miss a thread? since i missed the beta (owning a ps4 after it) i tried to avoid all info on this game so i came in blind...

Its freaking awesome! first mission there is loads of us in Russia and suddenly bonus objective destroy the spider tank....what spider t...OH MY FREAKING GOD RUN

:blank: I am talking about the ps4...

N-europe clan? how does one join this? did i miss a thread? since i missed the beta (owning a ps4 after it) i tried to avoid all info on this game so i came in blind...

Its freaking awesome! first mission there is loads of us in Russia and suddenly bonus objective destroy the spider tank....what spider t...OH MY FREAKING GOD RUN

lmao fooking hell I am going blind, I quoted the wrong person. Sorry.

Quality sessions tonight.

Started off playing alongside Kav and his mate. Despite a few disconnections it was still a laugh. My nephew then wanted to play with me so, I joined him. Gmac from the forums jumped into our game and gave us a hand, before abruptly leaving ( something we said? :) ).

There was a mission on the moon where it was just a constant wave of enemies. Me and my nephew were getting pushed back constantly and just when we thought we had time for a breather, another wave came along.

To be honest I have no idea what's going on in terms of the storyline, all I know is that I'm having an absolute blast playing it. Just a shame that I need to get some sleep and then head off to work in the morning. Roll on the weekend!