NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Do the weapons/armour you use for infusion fuel have the Rise of Iron logo?

I think that may be what stops you doing it, so you can't buy new vendor gear and put it straight into your old items.

Can't remember if they all had the logo but I know most did. I haven't bought anything from the vendors save the old iron banner gear.

I bought a 350 chest piece from the Vangaurd and infused that with my War Numen chest. Not positive but I think it had the Iton symbol.

Got really bored with this a few weeks after it came out? Is it worth returning to with the taken King and other expansions, or is it still same old, same old?

Oh come on! There was time when...yeah....all I can remember is the axe. Archon forge is fun though which you never got to try.

EDIT: 1 EXTRA ROOM! Remember that?

Holy shit, yeah those like THREE extra rooms at the end of the missions.

Seriously though, I enjoyed playing with you and @MilaGi again. That's always the highlight of Destiny.

Managed to drag myself from light 317 to 336 yesterday

Got the Kalashnikov exotic (standard its a little shit but once i've got burst fire and stability upgrades could be awesome)

90% the way there to Gallajhorn

I'm sure i've infused new items into my Year 2 items, still using the Kingfall raid gear, the Hallowed Assualt rifle, Zalo Supercell and Red Death and i've infused lots of new blues and legendaries into things to get them higher light

Managed to drag myself from light 317 to 336 yesterday

Got the Kalashnikov exotic (standard its a little shit but once i've got burst fire and stability upgrades could be awesome)

90% the way there to Gallajhorn

I'm sure i've infused new items into my Year 2 items, still using the Kingfall raid gear, the Hallowed Assualt rifle, Zalo Supercell and Red Death and i've infused lots of new blues and legendaries into things to get them higher light

Here's my 'worry' as it were - I didn't do KF much and I think my light level was last at 302 - if I get RoI(or hell, even if I don't for a bit) - how much am I going to struggle getting my light level up to levels like you guys atm? I mean 317 to 336 in a day sounds quite a healthy and re-assuring jump; what content's it being done off of? If I can do it off the stuff I haven't touched at all(and cope with such) then I'd be tempted to do that for a week or so then get RoI when I hit maybe a certain LL or something.

Here's my 'worry' as it were - I didn't do KF much and I think my light level was last at 302 - if I get RoI(or hell, even if I don't for a bit) - how much am I going to struggle getting my light level up to levels like you guys atm? I mean 317 to 336 in a day sounds quite a healthy and re-assuring jump; what content's it being done off of? If I can do it off the stuff I haven't touched at all(and cope with such) then I'd be tempted to do that for a week or so then get RoI when I hit maybe a certain LL or something.

Even if you were to grind alone, there is a book in your progress screen recording your activities in the new RoI pvp and pve that rewards you with gear at 340 or 350 light ( can't quite remember) regardless of your current light level.

I have levelled partly due to doing the new activities in new areas and stocking my vault full of engrams to decrypt.

It's best to decide soon though as the areas are currently populated and make for a more fun experience whereas at your LL you might find some things a bit to challenging.

Edited by Deathjam
Mistake on light levels

Even if you were to grind alone, there is a book in your progress screen recording your activities in the new RoI pvp and pve that rewards you with gear at 240 or 250 light ( can't quite remember) regardless of your current light level.

I have levelled partly due to doing the new activities in new areas and stocking my vault full of engrams to decrypt.

It's best to decide soon though as the areas are currently populated and make for a more fun experience whereas at your LL you might find some things a bit to challenging.

240 or 250? Or did you mean 340/350? Is there any way for me to get 310-320+ gear atm without the RoI expansion and not doing KF raid?

As said I'm getting tempted, probs wouldn't for at least a week or two just to get the money together for it as I haven't planned for the spend; got a mate asking if I'll get it and trying to tempt @Frag Grimes back into it too. Whatever happened to @Nintendo Fan too? Me and him were tearing it up a bit just before I stopped playing.

EDIT:Godammit I can never rmemebr Ninty K's bloody forum name! I got him!

Edited by Rummy

240 or 250? Or did you mean 340/350? Is there any way for me to get 310-320+ gear atm without the RoI expansion and not doing KF raid?

As said I'm getting tempted, probs wouldn't for at least a week or two just to get the money together for it as I haven't planned for the spend; got a mate asking if I'll get it and trying to tempt @Frag Grimes back into it too. Whatever happened to @ninty k too? Me and him were tearing it up a bit just before I stopped playing.

Sorry I mean 340+.

Not sure if you need RoI to get higher light level but here is a list of what activities rewards taken from Eurogamer (source)

Activities that drop loot up to 340 Light:

◾Normal difficulty Strikes

◾Decryping Rare (blue) Engrams

Vendors that sell loot up to 350 Light:

◾Xur's Exotics

◾Items purchased with Legendary Marks

Activities that drop loot up to 365 Light:

◾Heroic difficulty Strikes

◾Challenge of the Elders scorecard completions

◾Legendary Engrams

Activities that drop loot up to 385 Light:

◾Unique Strike rewards

◾Decryping Exotic Engrams

◾Faction reward packages

◾Watch of the Machine on normal difficulty

◾Archon's Forge

Recommended Light Level activities in Destiny: Rise of Iron:

◾SIVA Crisis Heroic Strike playlist - Light level 350

◾Daily Heroic Story - Light level 350

◾Weekly Heroic Strike - Light level 350

◾Weekly Nightfall Strike - Light level 360

◾Wrath of the Machines Raid - Light level 360

Thanks @Deathjam that's really useful. I'm away all weekend but I might give this some time in the evenings next week with an OW mixup. The more I stay in and play games the more money I save and the more games I can then buy to play!! ;)

To be fair @Rummy, blue engrams of over 320 were dropping almost straight away, once i was over 320 light with everything it was 330 stuff dropping all the time, now i'm getting 330-335 stuff. Then the new auto rifle is 350 and i got a 350 artefact as a quest reward.

it was all super quick to get to that level, doing strike playlists tonight should get me a lot higher i'd have thought.

Might be super easy to level up my alts too with this stuff

You can get 350+ LL Rare gears (not engrams) from 320 LL Omnigul strike and Devil's Lair via the map not Heroic Playlist. I'm now 350 at the moment and I still have a vault full of exotic engrams haha.

So the new raid will start at 5pm tomorrow.

Turns out I was being an idiot and trying to infuse my old items using new gear I had equipped :heh:

Once I equipped something else it worked... :indeed:

So I guess we have a raid team. My only stipulation is that the team that raids blind together, sticks together until it's done. Regardless of weekly reset. Is that cool with everyone? Because if not, that's fine but let's make it clear now to avoid any confusion.

@Sheikah

@Eddage

@MilaGi

@DriftKaiser

@Zell

Me

@Deathjam On back up in case someone doesn't reach the minimum level requirement... Yes, @Sheikah, I haven't forgotten.

And @Eddage, lay off the Google search this time. Until we reach a consensus.

So is the plan to start the raid next week (Tuesday)?

What's the minimum level requirement? I'm moving house tomorrow and so don't know how much time I'll have to play before reset...

So is the plan to start the raid next week (Tuesday)?

What's the minimum level requirement? I'm moving house tomorrow and so don't know how much time I'll have to play before reset...

Would say Tuesday is sensible as there's a bit of grinding to do to get up to the required LL.

Not sure what the minimum is but would say people should aim for 350 minimum since I'm guessing the final part of the raid will be 370.

From rumblings going around, 360 seems to be the recommended light level to start on (indeed, hard to get loot anyway past 365). No need to kill yourself trying to grind higher than that when the equipment you'll get in the raid will get you higher much quicker. :heh:

Currently at 355, so not far away.

Edited by Sheikah

I was going off of what the game said, unless I read it wrong. I'm sure it's possible lower.

I was going off of what the game said, unless I read it wrong. I'm sure it's possible lower.

You're correct, although I would imagine that's related to the last boss. Most likely 360 is a pretty good level to start the raid on given you tend to get loot as you go.

Edited by Sheikah

I'm at 342... Gonna have to put some grind in once I set everything up in my new place!

Sssssooooooo......Exotics drop out of Blue Engrams now?

I saved the video and double checked that I didn't have a legendary, but I just decrypted Truth out of a Blue Heavy Engram.

Too bad I really like Monte Carlo currently and can't use it though.

I'm at 342... Gonna have to put some grind in once I set everything up in my new place!

I'm at 346 so still a long way to go.

I'm not around tomorrow night so if @Deathjam or @Map want to take my place then that's cool with me

I'm 365 so raid ready. Would be good to hear from others here when they think they will be ready for the raid.

I'm at about 336. So, way off. I doubt I'll be ready in time so it's probably best I bow out of the blind raid.