NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

So how do we get the emblem then? Just by playing it now?

No idea, to be honest. I think being online will be enough. Might get a message sometime tomorrow or maybe even tonight.

The explorable area goes on for miles and miles!

Edit

And there are new mobs!

Edited by Shorty

Decided to have a try of the Iron Banner. I was put in a game with a bunch of level 8 people and thought I would get butchered. I ended up coming top of everyone on both teams. I guess all that time playing Halo and CoD has paid off. :D

@Hero\-of\-Time sorry, got kicked out of the game :(

No biggie. I guess you were just sight seeing anyway. :D

No biggie. I guess you were just sight seeing anyway. :D

Indeed :D Took a lot of screenshots (by the way: I fucking LOVE the share button). Will post some, soon :)

Think I'll leave the story mission for now. There will be enough time to explore when the full game is out. : peace:

Playing missions and explore on earth got me worried the areas might not be that large. But good lord, dat moon. It's huuuuge. And I guess/hope some of the doors could be opened in the full game/different missions/explore. :yay:

Edit: Here I go!

Destiny_Beta_20140718185729.jpg

I played ONE Iron Banner match and got this:

Destiny_Beta_20140720235703.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140720235840.jpg

Can't use it, won't keep it. Still cool :D

Destiny_Beta_20140726230034.jpg

Waiting for the Beta stress test and the Iron Banner to lift!

The wait turned into...rape?

Destiny_Beta_20140726230155.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140726230206.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140726230349.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140726231316.jpg

Little race my mate and I had during the moon mission :D

Destiny_Beta_20140725220607.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140725220529.jpg

My ships :)

Destiny_Beta_20140726114935.jpg

Awesome!

Destiny_Beta_20140723200617.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140723200655.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140727001748.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140727003703.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140727002438.jpg

Destiny_Beta_20140727003354.jpg

Look who's coming!

Destiny_Beta_20140727004018.jpg

OH MY GOD, it's H-o-T :laughing:

Destiny_Beta_20140727004028.jpg

I'll stop playing the beta now. Won't have much time from now on and I've seen most of the content available so far.

Bungie may well set a new standard for this genre-mix (FPS + MMORPG).

The missions are so much fun. Especially strikes; no matter if you do them with mates or random people. And I'll say it again: Dat moon mission. A little insight to what lies ahead. :)

Then there is PvP. The Crucible is awesome. Mechanics are Halo-like which is a good thing. I've spent many hours with the one mode available. Gonna be great!

Can't believe how much fun I've had with the beta. We only got a glimpse of what the full game will be and if it turns out to be as awesome as the alpha/beta it will be huge. Incredibly huge.

Will be interesting to see how the game will sell (especially on the individual platforms).

Edited by drahkon

The matchmaking in this is terrible. And multiplayer becomes unbalanced so quickly, especially if people drop out. Think it's ruining the whole thing.

The matchmaking in this is terrible. And multiplayer becomes unbalanced so quickly, especially if people drop out. Think it's ruining the whole thing.

Haven't had a lot of problems witch matchmaking, to be honest. Whenever people drop out it always sucks, yeah. But that's with every competitive multiplayer game.

Other than that. Unless there was a god (like me sometimes :p) matches have been quite close pretty much all the time.

But I agree, there needs to be some form of punishment for dropping out.

I don't think there should be a punishment because that still means the game is a write off. And I've been in loads of matches where we were two men down and getting slaughtered. If you drop out enough times, you do get punished and I've definitely wanted to drop out than play through 6 vs. 3.

Instead, they should increase the shield for everyone on the team with the least players.

It's bullshit otherwise. The game is too fast to not get swarmed if you're down on players. It's boring too, if you're on the other team with more players. You know you're going to win, there's no challenge.

It does suck when players drop out, but like Drahkon says it's pretty much the same with every other online multiplayer. I personally haven't experienced it much thankfully.

I've played quite a few matches in the Crucible, didn't really enjoy it at first but it started to grow on me. My biggest gripe is usually when the connection is slightly dodgy. I hate those moments when you see someone across the map, you start shooting at them thinking that you've go the jump on them, only for the game to catch up one and a half seconds later and suddenly you're dead after realising that they were shooting you first all along.

Would also have liked there to have been more than just the one game type, but I can't really moan since it is a free beta after all.

I played a couple of hours last night.., really feels like Halo! Didn't get what was happening with the story and don't particularly care for the MMO/social aspects, but haven't played a Halo since 3, quite enjoyed what I played so will look at picking this up!

The worst thing about PvP is shitty weapons balancing. You can bring any loot you picked up into the game and there's enough granularity in the weapons to leave you at a disadvantage if someone has a better rifle than you. I assume they even out the damage any weapon does when it goes into multiplayer (if they don't then that's even more fucked) but it's still not fantastic. It feels enough like Halo to make me want to play that instead because it's definitely a superior PvP experience.

The worst thing about PvP is shitty weapons balancing. You can bring any loot you picked up into the game and there's enough granularity in the weapons to leave you at a disadvantage if someone has a better rifle than you. I assume they even out the damage any weapon does when it goes into multiplayer

In normal PvP the weapon stats and your level stats (or whatever they are called) don't play a role.

The only thing that matters is your weapon type and since you can get one that suits your playstyle quite easily it shouldn't be a problem.

Only in the Iron Banner events (at least in the beta, no idea if there will be more of that in the full game) are stats considered.

In normal PvP the weapon stats and your level stats (or whatever they are called) don't play a role.

The only thing that matters is your weapon type and since you can get one that suits your playstyle quite easily it shouldn't be a problem.

Only in the Iron Banner events (at least in the beta, no idea if there will be more of that in the full game) are stats considered.

Yeah but there are enough different types of weapons that balancing is naturally going to be a problem. Obvs that's going to be the most difficult thing for Bungie to get right with the mp, but it's fine since that's not really the focus of the game.

Edited by The Bard

Yeah but there are enough different types of weapons that balancing is naturally going to be a problem. Naturally that's going to be the most difficult thing for Bungie to get right with the mp, but it's fine since that's not really the focus of the game.

Well, I think the balancing was fine. If you have good aim, you win :p

But I get your point. It's a problem with all shooters, though.

I think, however, that there aren't a lot of weapon types. So far I've encountered only two types of e.g. auto-rifles: one with a 24 mag and one with a 48 mag. The latter one has a higher fire rate but shit recoil. The first one feels generally better. For me it's much easier to score with that one.

I guess it's more situation-dependent.

They should add some kind of quick load-out switch when you're dead/respawning. You can change your weapon anytime during a match, but you have to open your menu screen.

C'mon man, stop shooting down my hairbrained theories, I need something explain why I'm so shit at it.

C'mon man, stop shooting down my hairbrained theories, I need something explain why I'm so shit at it.

Sorry.

But you should just accept that you suck :p

I love having a sniper rifle. Even if it's not as versatile, there's nothing like pulling headshots.

Many thanks to @flameboy for the Beta code for this :) however after a good bit of time ploughed into it since Thursday, I don't think this is for me :(

I'm an anomaly really as I own Microsoft consoles but don't like Halo, likewise with Nintendo couldn't give a hoot about Pokemon. However I just felt like I was playing Halo again, it didn't really grab me in the same way, for instance, that the Titanfall beta did...it made me buy the console!!

Plus it felt like I'd have to be ploughing many, many hours into this to see the rewards and, frankly, I ain't got time for that at the moment with work really taking off.

Great to see so many of you enjoy the beta on here though, I'll be checking the thread out come September, see if your tales can't convince me to give this a shot ;)

P.s plus the voice acting was utter garbage as well, Dinklage has been hung out to dry by the director!

I think it's just a case of Full Auto, Shotgun and Sniper being the only real options for PvP. Some skilled players made use of pulse rifles but handguns, scout and fusion rifles were pretty useless.

I think it's just a case of Full Auto, Shotgun and Sniper being the only real options for PvP. Some skilled players made use of pulse rifles but handguns, scout and fusion rifles were pretty useless.

Woooooot. I owned a couple of matches with hand guns.

And you should've seen my mate. He owned pretty much every match with his scout rifle.

The fusion rifles...they suck.

I used the handcannon in the Alpha, in the Beta I either didn't find one as good or they were completely useless.

As a Halo vet, I naturally gravitated towards the Scout Rifles but generally found them to be underpowered compared to the Auto Rifles. Maybe I just need to get better at my shooting.

Shotguns I've found to be pretty weak, you may as well just use the Sniper Rifle as a shotgun at close range.