NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Looks like Destiny 2 has been confirmed to be coming this year in Activision's latest financial call.

I'm glad to hear that! I fell off this and was going to get back in with RoI but didn't really have enough compelling me to - just felt like there was no reason to play except to buy RoI really. I think getting in on Destiny 2 from scratch with everyone here is going to make a much bigger difference to my playtime for the game; even though I completely realise that much of destiny is just chasing LL for the sake of it quite a lot :p

I spent quite a bit of time playing Destiny with @Goafer but I'm also looking forward to starting from scratch with Destiny 2 with everyone here. It'll be nice to be able to play in a larger group and actually attempt the raids!

Attempt the raids? We crushed them :p we used to play two raids a week in two groups with 3 alts each. And for me it only petered out at the very end. Figuring out the last raid with the clan was one of the most fun things in the game, two years after the original launch.

I miss what this game was to me when it first came out. I hope Destiny 2 is a fully fresh start in terms of loot and progress and we have to claw our ways up with time and effort and co-operation like we did before :D

Edited by Shorty

I hope it doesn't require an unrelenting amount of attention to stick with it. Once I fell off the Destiny train...that was it really.

1000 hours and I can't bring myself to play the latest Raid kind of proves my point.

When Destiny first came out I bloody loved it, thought it was great... but by the time the first DLC dropped I was done with it. I played through that DLC once and dropped it, I didn't even put it on for the second lot of DLC which I had already paid for via the season pass. Traded it in and washed my hands of it... it was far too grindy and repetitive... unrelentingly repetitive!

Destiny 2 would need to change a lot to tempt me back in.

The game was repetitive but for me it was about the co-op experience. I mean plenty of grindy loot-based games are repetitive, look at Diablo for example. But take that formula and add over the party chat banter? There was nothing else like it. It came along at the perfect time for me, when I was in a very low place. Wouldn't be enjoying Overwatch the way I am if it wasn't for the friends I made in Destiny.

Also whilst it may have lacked in story, there's no denying it had some incredible raid mechanics and the overall controls and ability trees were top tier. The PvP was fantastic too, until they abandoned the sandbox altogether and stopped properly balancing it.

Edited by Shorty

1000 hours and I can't bring myself to play the latest Raid kind of proves my point.

1646 hours across my 3 characters... oh shiiiiiit :blush:

1646 hours across my 3 characters... oh shiiiiiit :blush:

I have no idea how you've played so much more than me. I now know my inability to snipe was an issue of me not putting in the time to git gud.

The game was repetitive but for me it was about the co-op experience. I mean plenty of grindy loot-based games are repetitive, look at Diablo for example. But take that formula and add over the party chat banter? There was nothing else like it. It came along at the perfect time for me, when I was in a very low place. Wouldn't be enjoying Overwatch the way I am if it wasn't for the friends I made in Destiny.

Also whilst it may have lacked in story, there's no denying it had some incredible raid mechanics and the overall controls and ability trees were top tier. The PvP was fantastic too, until they abandoned the sandbox altogether and stopped properly balancing it.

The laughs had on Party Chat were fantastic! I'd definitely not have been on a fraction of the time had it not been for all you guys on here!

The laughs had on Party Chat were fantastic! I'd definitely not have been on a fraction of the time had it not been for all you guys on here!

I would like to second this.

Destiny together with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate are my favourite online games.

In particular with Destiny, staying up until like 5am in the morning to finish Vault of Glass with everyone will probably remain as one of my finest online moments for a long time to come.

Not that I was quite part of the group for various reasons, but I concur that the grind of destiny was a perfect backdrop to just chatting with people. Never got into as much as everyone else and did a lot of the grind solo (I remember surprising the hell out of a random guy that I was LL29or30 without raiding or strikes and little MP). But once I started playing in groups it just became much more fun and easy to be a regularly scheduled thing. Sort of like back in the days of doing Gears of War 2 Horde mode and HaloODST Firefight. Never got into any other firefight sadly though.

I also missed out on the entire PoE experience as well until just before RoI but found it quite fun.

1916 hours for me haha. Have no desire to go back to Destiny now as the live team messed up the game so bad with their recently patch. Bring the Destiny 2 on!

Look like everything from subclasses powers, weapons, gears and microtransactions will stay in Destiny 1 but our guardians will carry over to Destiny 2. Also we are gonna get "Veteran rewards" for our D1 accomplishments.

Age of Triumph update to celebrate Destiny 1 from VoG Raids to our final mission in late March.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708/7_The-Road-Ahead

Should we arrange a raid after the update arrived for the old times. (I know some of you are gonna be busy with Switch, Overwatch and Q1-Q2 new games lol.

Look like everything from subclasses powers, weapons, gears and microtransactions will stay in Destiny 1 but our guardians will carry over to Destiny 2. Also we are gonna get "Veteran rewards" for our D1 accomplishments.

Age of Triumph update to celebrate Destiny 1 from VoG Raids to our final mission in late March.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45708/7_The-Road-Ahead

Should we arrange a raid after the update arrived for the old times. (I know some of you are gonna be busy with Switch, Overwatch and Q1-Q2 new games lol.

I would like that but currently got my hands full with Nioh, horizon and the soon to arrive Nier. Ugh and then there will be andromeda...too...much

In a twist of fate, I'm going on nightshift for the next 6ish weeks. Small possibility I could participate. It'll be weird raiding sober though.

Weekly Level 42 Raid with Challenges. Crota's End on 1st week, Vault of Glass on 2nd week, King's Fall on 3rd week and Wrath of the Machine on 4th week. New gears include Age of Ornament, Ghost Shell on VoG/CE, sparrows on KF/WOTM.

You need to get 75% of the record book completed to get a T-shirt from Bungie Store. There are goals for all shaders, ships, sparrows, dead ghost, emblems, exotic gears etc. :|

16 "new" exotics aka Adept Raid primary weapons with elemental damage. Only way to get them is doing the challenge mode. CE and KF raid ornaments look much better than other gears tbh.

Yeah but I think it's still RNG but in challenge mode, the chances of it dropped increase.

Primaries with elements. That's a bit of a game changer.

Idk if you're serious but it's more like a game change back-er :p old raid and lighthouse reward primaries used to have elements.

Idk if you're serious but it's more like a game change back-er :p old raid and lighthouse reward primaries used to have elements.

Yeah, wasn't that all Year 1 though correct? I've had a few times I've lamented not having elements on a nice primary.