NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Our pleasure mate, you picked up every part of it very quickly, we flew through it. Definitely helped upping our LL a bit. I'm ready for Heroic difficulty! Saturday afternoon would be my perfect timeslot, or an early start Sunday.

Either is fine for me!

Ok cool! Initial proposal then

Wrath of the Machine: Heroic Mode

Saturday 22/10 12:00

1. Shorty

2. Sheikah

3. Eddage

4. Zell

5. space

6. space

Remaining priority to the team that cracked NM together: @Map @DriftKaiser

Edit: if signing up, please also mention your availability on Sunday and whether you could start even earlier Saturday (eg 11am, because we might have to split across the days)

Edited by Shorty

I can start at 1 on Saturday but can only play until roughly 5:30. I can pick up again on Sunday though!

How on earth do you do the second stage of the first boss on hard mode? the priest? you all need to throw bombs right? but what happens if one goes down? is that a wipe?

attempted HM last night, i was lowest LL at 375 and survived no problem, but the 385 hunters seemed to get decimated no matter the load out

@Eddage changed it to 12pm

@Agent Gibbs doubt anyone else in the N-E clan has tried HM ;)

I thought you'd all be 390 and all have outbreak prime (which is a beast), in which case Don't then lol!

The first charge/bomb section is roughly the same only with higher level enemies and a boss who can 1/2 shot you with ease - you can revive

The next bit where you've to clear mobs and throw bombs to lower his shields and kill him is now 6 bombs and double the mobs **NO REVIVES** - we couldn't get past this and did the normal raid for higher gear

As much as my other secret group are online most days, so since the B-team here isn't ready i have had an avenue to play Wrath of the Machine.........they are shit

5 of them are stoners, so by 8pm they are too monged to play, one guy lets his son take over sometimes, but they both never mute the mic, so you get "i'm empowered lef....WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THE DOG/DON'T WALK INFRONT OF THE SCREEN/WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU/DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD" so its distractions galore and constant screw ups on Aksis, so a raid takes about 2 hours

Only time we've had a really successful go at the raid was mid day last sunday when everyone was awake, we did it twice, an hour each time

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Most of us have Outbreak Prime or the quest to do it (the main obstacle there was, we didn't play with 2 of each class type). Not everyone was 385 (I'm still not), and a few people wanted another shot at the NM gear for the shader, or to get our level up a bit to make HM smoother.

I think we can manage HM though. I'll try and get an artifact before we start.

Edit: funny that you say a raid takes 2 hours with all those problems, we've never done it that fast even if we do every boss in one go.

Edited by Shorty

Although I didn't realise that normal mode loot capped at 385, so didn't really help me :heh:

Most of us have Outbreak Prime or the quest to do it (the main obstacle there was, we didn't play with 2 of each class type). Not everyone was 385 (I'm still not), and a few people wanted another shot at the NM gear for the shader, or to get our level up a bit to make HM smoother.

I think we can manage HM though. I'll try and get an artifact before we start.

Edit: funny that you say a raid takes 2 hours with all those problems, we've never done it that fast even if we do every boss in one go.

Really? It can take longer if people have breaks and i know the first few times we tried it we gave in at 3 hours. Do you guys use the year two exotic swords? they are crazy efficient on Aksis and the captains before him

I'm gonna have to act fast and get in on one of your raids

Really? It can take longer if people have breaks and i know the first few times we tried it we gave in at 3 hours. Do you guys use the year two exotic swords? they are crazy efficient on Aksis and the captains before him

I'm gonna have to act fast and get in on one of your raids

Well we haven't done one where we haven't wasted a load of time with the monitors and that fourth one is quite a hassle.

Last night we did in about 2 hours and that was with time to explain everything to @MilaGi before each round. Think we did everything but the Siege engine (three attempts) and Aksis phase 2 (two attempts) first time. Plus the added time for all the chests, monitors and Siva Clusters.

We haven't been using exotic swords, I was going to try that out next time!

That's true, I forgot we've been doing the monitors every time. A bit of afk time too.

I have used the sword on the captains but not Aksis, tbh I'm running out of exotic shards to keep my LL up!

Ahh yeah messing around with the monitors isn't exactly quick, the runs where we did that too were slow, very slow even! though we did a monitor run last night that was pretty quick, but it was our third time doing it and the usual poor jumpers were unusually competent

it was when we were struggling to get the dps on Aksis someone checked youtube and there was some comparisons of Sleeper VS Gally on Aksis (Sleeper with the correct armour upgrades offers about 100k more dps as some of the mini rockets from the gally can hit immune areas) and the Swords vs Gally, which showed that Dark Drinker and Raze Lighter will do more dps overall to Aksis and because of how much ammo they use per hit are much more efficient.

Seriously though the Raze Lighter and Dark Drinker are beasty when levelled up to 360+! We tried before will Gally's but you waste too much ammo taking out captains with them so there is not much left for Aksis. With the Dark Drinker it takes one R2 and 1 R1 to take out a captain and it barely uses any heavy. With Aksis you just stand at his legs and R2 away, because you are spiralling around you hit him multiple times, and his legs are a hit box too, so sometimes you get extra dmg. So now we have 1 sword, 1 Gally each area (although Sleeper can in theory deliver more DPS)

In theory when Aksis jumps to the centre for his final hit him with everything bit, you can also jump up and use the swords again, however one time he managed to melee us and killed the three of us with swords and we didn't take him out, so the three sword users switch to gallys when he's down to the minimum health.

I mean we have been doing a lot of DPS. Always combining WoL with Shadowshot, the scorch cannons do 100k plus with that combo and Black Spindle was doing 30k per headshot and my LL was relatively low (382-383).

I'm available to Raid on Saturday.

Last couple of times I've been using Nova Bomb to take down the Captains. They go down in one hit. No nonsense, plus you get to save heavy ammo for the boss.

I'm at the end of the Dark Drinker quest (just need to do the Strike) so hopefully I can get that at some point to try out in the Raid. I've been using Sleeper to DPS the bosses, but it lacks the overall utility of a Gjallarhorn or an exotic sword.

I'm available to Raid on Saturday.

Last couple of times I've been using Nova Bomb to take down the Captains. They go down in one hit. No nonsense, plus you get to save heavy ammo for the boss.

I'm at the end of the Dark Drinker quest (just need to do the Strike) so hopefully I can get that at some point to try out in the Raid. I've been using Sleeper to DPS the bosses, but it lacks the overall utility of a Gjallarhorn or an exotic sword.

Give me a shout if you wanna do it sometime, happy to help out!

I think a sword would be great for other parts of the raid as well, add clearing on the Siege Engine and maybe even Vosiks as well if the extra adds are as but as Gibbs suggests.

Edit: if signing up, please also mention your availability on Sunday and whether you could start even earlier Saturday (eg 11am, because we might have to split across the days)

*cough @Zell*

@Shorty, I can start anytime on Saturday morning, although I imagine if we start earlier than 12 then people will want to stop for lunch!

*cough @Zell*

Sorry, Saturday morning is also fine with me and can do any time Sunday.

I can do Saturday at 12 although I'm out in the evening so will need to stop 5/6ish.

Free all day Sunday.

12pm Saturday is fine too but only can do 1-2 hours of raiding before left for the work.

Actually I was only person used the Raze-Lighter in last 3 raids. Dark-Drinker gives more DPS on Aksis according to the Reddit.

Urgh I hate the Crucible :/

Trying to do the Thorn and New Monarchy quests at the same time (so I can spend as little time as possible doing Crucible) and it is just not fun (or even the tiniest bit enjoyable). Void kills with a Titan are a pain in the ass as you can't use a super. Trying to do it in Mayhem so I get lots of grenades, trouble is I'm getting supered every couple of minutes.

Really isn't fun when you have to play a certain way due to some shitty quest, I genuinely got 0 kills in one match... Only another 70% to go :nono:

@Eddage Do you have Felwinter's memory? If so then you can get 2x melee/grenades and pair it with a void shotgun/No Back Up Plan.

Could say you had Wretched Luck @Nolan! At least you persevered!

@Eddage is there a specific class I should choose for the Raid tonight or just pick whatever?

It only took an hour tonight....with a fire team in party chat and constant coordination. Fun times.

Lets start the raid at 12pm then @Eddage @Map @DriftKaiser @Sheikah @Zell

And continue on Sunday. I am out in the evening Sunday though.

If you can start earlier Saturday, be there! :-)

Trying to do the Thorn and New Monarchy quests at the same time (so I can spend as little time as possible doing Crucible) and it is just not fun (or even the tiniest bit enjoyable). Void kills with a Titan are a pain in the ass as you can't use a super. Trying to do it in Mayhem so I get lots of grenades, trouble is I'm getting supered every couple of minutes.

As Drift says, you know you don't need Void ability kills right? I originally did that quest with my hunter, who didn't even have a void subclass, and a fusion rifle.