NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

(Not getting back into it or anything)

Just wondering how you guys are enjoying Rise Of Iron?

Whats cool about the raid?

Cool new recent weapons?

Vybezage?

I tried getting into it again on Monday, just decided to faff with bounties and kill some taken invasions/champions on Venus - using 3oCs etc and the FUCKING THING disconnected me just after like an hour or two as a champion/ultra was done and I think I saw an exotic engram drop and I just decided to ragequit the whole thing but yeah - are server issues common now or anything?

I, strangely, found it a bit weird/clunky/slow going back to. I dunno if that's just cos the only other thing I've played recently is overwatch or what but hmm. Not sure if I'll get back into the Destiny slog at the current price without mates planning to do the same.

Also, no matter how hard I google or try to find the answer I just simply cannot - if I do NOT purchase RoI but try to decrypt engrams etc(such as blues) without RoI will they decrypt as before or will they be likely to decrypt higher with the new stuff? Everything just exclusively references RoI but I dunno if that's because it hasn't been tested/tried without or what and it's really annoying me cos I don't wanna waste time trying if it's not gonna do anything for me!

(basically I wanna play and up my light a bit to see if I'm happy to get back into it without actually buying RoI first. Current thinking is wait a few months and buy it for maybe half price in a sale at xmas or some shit iono)

Apparently there are a new exotic weapon which you need to do something in the raid to get the quest.

In one of my posts above theres a spoilered video about it, but its been updated as the puzzle has been solved

EDIT: Reddit post on it

There are 5 monitors to be found during the raid

the first 4 are 'easy' they are just located well off the beaten track in alcoves etc

the 5th monitor isn't as simple and has a multistage puzzle to reveal it

there's also another exotic chest by the 5th monitor

Once you've activated all the 5 monitors it disables a lazer grid that is in a hidden room of the boss room

It has the exotic pulse rifle, the one that fires siva swarms

Edited by Agent Gibbs
Edit Reddit post added

Me, Zell, Eddage, Drift and Map are all 360 or above - can you guys please confirm whether you are available 2PM this Saturday? If not we could start either in the evening or on Friday night.

For the last person we need, let's say the first person who can get to 360 or above and post here that they reached 360 prior to the raid gets the spot. That seems like the fairest way to me.

I can start any evening, not certain I'll be back for 2 on Saturday (got a bank appointment) but should definitely be ready to go for 3.

I'm free this weekend for the raid, so whenever it suits everyone else is fine with me.

I, strangely, found it a bit weird/clunky/slow going back to. I dunno if that's just cos the only other thing I've played recently is overwatch or what but hmm. Not sure if I'll get back into the Destiny slog at the current price without mates planning to do the same.

I definitely found it very clunky too. A mix of the 30fps, a closer field of view, generally slower movement. But I think another part of it is probably that the weapons we picked and got used to have probably been changed/nerfed or we don't remember the setups we felt comfortable with. I'm also finding my Hunter feels really weak, not sure if some missions are actually more difficult but I'm definitely struggling to solo a few normal missions....

That said I'll play all night tonight and tomorrow, plus Saturday morning, I do want to raid.

I definitely found it very clunky too. A mix of the 30fps, a closer field of view, generally slower movement. But I think another part of it is probably that the weapons we picked and got used to have probably been changed/nerfed or we don't remember the setups we felt comfortable with. I'm also finding my Hunter feels really weak, not sure if some missions are actually more difficult but I'm definitely struggling to solo a few normal missions....

That said I'll play all night tonight and tomorrow, plus Saturday morning, I do want to raid.

With that level of enthusiasm shorty, you can go ahead of me then. Might be going out tonight and tomorrow may not be enough time for me to level, especially if girlfriend takes tv.

Ok so based on what has been said it looks like the raid team will be: Zell, Eddage, me, Shorty, Map, Drift.

Drift is working Saturday (afternoon?)

How are people for Saturday evening and any time Sunday?

Also I just thought I'd mention (and a clarification on an earlier post) - legendary engrams don't decrypt above 365. Silly I know - you may as well decrypt any of them you have on the race to level. Keep exotics til 365 though.

Edited by Sheikah

My Saturday shift is 4-10. I'm free on Sunday though. And I'm now 368. Crucible legendary rewards dropped above 365 LL.

I have an appointment with the bank at midday on Saturday so it'll be 1:30 at the very earliest I reckon I could start.

Quarantine patrol in Plagueland now always dropping offerings for the Forge so it's probably the best way to get 385 LL stuffs at the moment.

I got a little more into the groove with this yesterday. Crept up a few more levels. Got the Khovostov exotic quest going.

How do you get the Gjallarhorn Quest?

Map and me got the quest after we beat the ROI storyline and we picked up an anomaly off a patrol in the plagueland. Gonna need a splicer key to get an access to the tank at the Warren zone and it should triggered the quest.

I think it's the anomaly in the archons keep area, it takes you almost to where you fight the final boss of the quest and you've to destroy a splicer walker

The quest is pretty hard to get through solo (or was at 330) there's a few missions where you have to hold some exposed points from endless mobs

Worth it though

Spent most of today in Siva heroic strikes, managed to get 358 LL and got the sepiks perfected sniper and it's awesome this week with solar dmg

Should be Raid ready pretty soon now and I've got enough spares to level my titan and hunter to already 345 light - it's really great how you get each piece of armour from the quest book all at 340-350

Did a few strikes with someone who'd managed to get the Raid exotic pulse rifle! Oh my god it's epic! It has a chance to have siva swarms on kill and it's end perk guarantees them on precision kill! It's like a mini galahorn

Quarantine patrol in Plagueland now always dropping offerings for the Forge so it's probably the best way to get 385 LL stuffs at the moment.

Could I get a source because I've done 4 of these today and not a single one dropped an offering.

Edit, 5

Edited by Nolan

Could I get a source because I've done 4 of these today and not a single one dropped an offering.

Edit, 5

Do you already have one? You can only have one offering at a time so they won't drop if you do have one. Also they don't automatically go into your inventory they look like a small clear engram that you have to pick up (similar to the runes that the Taken Champions you kill on patrols would drop).

Do you already have one? You can only have one offering at a time so they won't drop if you do have one. Also they don't automatically go into your inventory they look like a small clear engram that you have to pick up (similar to the runes that the Taken Champions you kill on patrols would drop).

Ahh.

Well that pretty much sucks. Bungie does enjoy their one step forward one step backward mantra. It would be too nice to be able to stock up on a few offerings.

I guess we're not starting at 2pm then? :blank:

I'm pretty sure that was never confirmed.

I've literally only just got out of the bank after my appointment was an hour and a half late! Gonna be another hour before I get home at this rate :/

So should we aim to at least get a start late tonight when Drift gets back?

I'm up for that.

How are people set for tomorrow as well? I can pretty much play all day!

Edit: still gonna be another 30 mins before I'm home! :/

How much have they gimped the three of coins?ive dropped 30+ I've the past day and a half (yesterday's 2 3 hour blocks of strikes) and another 5 this morning and got not one single exotic

Still light level 362 now