NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Is it worth enduring my 310 Jade Rabbit into one of my raid legendary primaries? Like the scout rifle? I just got it but since I got the touch of malice yesterday I'm not sure if it's worth keeping

Jade rabbit is awesome. Keep it.

anyone up for a Normal Raid this weekend? or trying a hard mode raid? @Blade@Deathjam@MilaGi@Map@Zell@DriftKaiser@Daft@Eddage@Shorty@Sheikah@everyoneelsewhoi'veforgotten

Yeah I'm up for that. I don't actually have any plans this weekend (for a change)!

Thanks to @Daft and @Map for helping me to complete the Black Spindle mission!

Also cheers to @Deathjam and Daft (again) for the games on Trials! Good laugh too! I got pretty lucky with some of the stuff I got... 310 Monte Carlo, 300 Glass Promontory (sniper rifle), 308 boots, and 300 cloak :)

I see that the ToO weapons give random perks. I got Hidden Hand with the ambush scope on my sniper, so pretty pleased with that. Icing on the cake would have been firefly and triple tap. Just need some higher light level weapons to infuse into it.

I can do Normal mode. But if anyone who hasn't done it much wants to go ahead of me, then they can have my place.

Also cheers to @Deathjam and Daft (again) for the games on Trials! Good laugh too! I got pretty lucky with some of the stuff I got... 310 Monte Carlo, 300 Glass Promontory (sniper rifle), 308 boots, and 300 cloak :)

I see that the ToO weapons give random perks. I got Hidden Hand with the ambush scope on my sniper, so pretty pleased with that. Icing on the cake would have been firefly and triple tap. Just need some higher light level weapons to infuse into it.

I had so much fun last night. Think we did pretty well considering both of you weren't too familiar with the map and that was the first time I've properly taken my Hunter into the Crucible. Plus, it was getting late.

Super jealous of your Sniper MilaGi. Especially with that Hidden Hand roll. :heh: I got 300 boots (boo-urns) and the Handcannon at 303.

I kind of loved that one match where we were rushed by shotguns, lost the first round, then – staying with snipers – took the next five round.

You two up for it next week? Think we it would help a load if we worked on our call-outs.

Edited by Daft
Typos

I haven't tried a raid at all yet - which one would it be and could I try out with you guys? Might need a bit of direction but would be good to give it a go. Times might be an issue for me though, so dependant on that.

Im happy to run a raid with you. Generally there are two raid teams and we raid in the evening duel to work schedules. One team is attempting hard mode while the other is trying to gear up for that purpose through normal mode which we have worked out for the most part.

I'm free on Wednesdays, Friday's and Saturdays. If we have enough people, we might be able to run multiple in a week to allow for people who have multiple characters.

Want to say more but back to work!

The new Trials matchmaking seems to be working for the most part. We were regularly stomping the first team we played, but would become stuck at around the 5 wins mark.

I think our tactics were off for the most part. Looking back, I spent far too much time sitting back and sniping, just because that was what so many other teams were doing. Too often we were out-killing the other team, but they were getting their revives off and we weren't. Hopefully this week we will have a less sniper-friendly map so we can be more aggressive.

Despite not getting to the Lighthouse, I really enjoyed Trials this weekend because we had a lot of really tight matches. This one was particularly epic:

Clutch play by @Shorty at 6:30.

Clutch play by @Shorty at 6:30.
Sunbreakers think they aaaaall that :p I really like being a Sunsinger, but I sucked as Sunbreaker. I actually had more luck for the couple of games we switched to Striker. Edited by Shorty

I'm down for Normal raid, depending on the time. I'm 5 hours behind so Saturday is probably when I can.

The new Trials matchmaking seems to be working for the most part. We were regularly stomping the first team we played, but would become stuck at around the 5 wins mark.

I think our tactics were off for the most part. Looking back, I spent far too much time sitting back and sniping, just because that was what so many other teams were doing. Too often we were out-killing the other team, but they were getting their revives off and we weren't. Hopefully this week we will have a less sniper-friendly map so we can be more aggressive.

Despite not getting to the Lighthouse, I really enjoyed Trials this weekend because we had a lot of really tight matches.

Yeah, I found at the 5-win mark that we just hit a wall. Think we managed a 6th win with Drift and Map the other day but seems like you can pretty much expect to come up against a tough team.

I think generally Me, @MilaGi and @Deathjam were pretty on it. I think we need to push for space much harder and push when we get a kill to stop revives. Also, we would probably do well to stick a little closer together or at least communicate what we're doing exactly when we aren't. The Heavy Ammo round in this match being an example of me thinking Deathjam was behind me, getting two kills and then shotgunned from behind only for their whole team to get revived. There were also a couple points of me sticking my head out for way too long, getting myself killed twice.

Considering that was our first foray as a Trials team, I was pretty fucking happy overall, though.

Sunbreakers think they aaaaall that :p I really like being a Sunsinger, but I sucked as Sunbreaker. I actually had more luck for the couple of games we switched to Striker.

Yeah...Sunbreakers...

IMUbuf2.gif

I was pretty proud of that.

I hit a few sunbreakers dead on with shadowshot and not only did it not kill them, but they got out of the tether's range before it kicked in >_>

Only took an hour:seven but I solo'd the nightfall. Got a class item worse than what I have and a mote of light that'll go swell with the other 289...

But that vanguard quest is complete

I think the biggest difference with ToO is the level of ruthlessness required in order to be successful.

I probably played a bit too cautious at times and those moments of hesitancy likely cost us some quicker rounds, especially when we were in a commanding position.

@Zell I pretty much held back a lot like you did. That seemed to be the same line of thinking as most opposing team snipers as any time I showed more aggression I ended up being taken out.

I also agree with @Daft about the importance of sticking together. Especially when the map is unfamiliar, so communication is that little bit harder. I'm sure we'll improve though. We made great progress, although getting beyond the 5th win is certainly a challenge in itself!

Those who want to do a normal raid on Saturday what are you're availabilities?

All day. Saturday is no life day.

Edit: changed to make more sense

Edited by Deathjam

Those who want to do a normal raid on Saturday what are you're availabilities?

Can possibly do from about 7pm onwards!

Might not be sober!

@MilaGi @Deathjam You up for Trials tomorrow night?

I'll definitely be around! Can't put a time on it though. All depends whether I get an early finish from work. At worst it'll be around 8pm.