NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

@Blade @Agent Gibbs

How you guys looking in terms of lvl and guns? It's not a massive issue at the start but by half way, you definitely need a good sniper and heavy machine gun (but mainly sniper).

As a rough guide, from the second half of the raid you need to be 290 and for the final boss, 295+.

I'm between 291 and 292 depending on which primary i'm trying to level up

I'll log in and update

EDIT tell a lie 291 even with my lowest legendary primary

Primary Weapons

Exotic Auto Rifle Suros Regime 290 atk

Legendary Scout Rifle - Treads Upon Stars 296 atk - Fully leveled with firefly

Legendary Hand Cannon - Byronic Hero 294 atk

Legendary Pulse Rifle - Apple of Discord 290 atk

Legendary Auto Rifle - Does Not Bow 288 atk (looks like the Fallen Shotgun, bit underwhelming tho)

Secondary

Legendary Sniper Rifle - 1000 Yard Stare (arc dmg) 296 atk

Legendary Shotgun - Burden of Proof XI (Void) 294 atk

Legendary Side Arm - Jabberhákke-D (Solar) 285 atk

Heavy

Legendary Sword - Void Edge 294 atk

Legendary Machine Gun - Duilvian 10/4X (solar) 293 atk

Legendary Rocket Launcher - Choleric Dragon SRT-49 (solar) 288 atk

:cry: Exotic Rocket Launcehr - Gjallarhorn (solar) 170 atk

Armour

295 Helmet (Legendary)

294 Claws of Ahmkara (Exotic)

289 Bindcaster I (Legendary)

290 Samsara I (Legendary)

294 subterranean Bond (Legendary)

292 Oddly Colored cube (Legendary) (damn yank spellings!)

If a second team is going for a Raid i'd like a shot at it What are the remaining ungrouped peoples availability? and light Levels?

@Blade@Deathjam@Zell@MilaGi@Choze@DriftKaiser@Sheikah

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I'll log in and update

Primary Weapons

Legendary Auto Rifle - Does Not Bow 288 atk (looks like the Fallen Shotgun, bit underwhelming tho)

Secondary

Heavy

Armour

295 Helmet (Legendary)

If a second team is going for a Raid i'd like a shot at it What are the remaining ungrouped peoples availability? and light Levels?

I'm free this weekend or whenever people are wanting to start it. I can't do tomorrow night though...

I'm using my hunter which is currently at 294 light.

Yesterday I hit 301, so hopefully that'll make the raid a little easier (Although I'm 299 with my preferred load out). In two rounds of Court of Oryx I got four Legendary artifacts, including a lute.

A lute drop. Ha!

I'll log in and update

Primary Weapons

Secondary

Heavy

Armour

295 Helmet (Legendary)

I thought you'd be much higher with that loadout. What levels are your Ghost and Artifact?

Want to finish the Court of Oryx quest. Still need charges for the Antiquated Runes, though.

I assume Tier 3 will be impossible to do solo?

Yesterday I hit 301, so hopefully that'll make the raid a little easier (Although I'm 299 with my preferred load out). In two rounds of Court of Oryx I got four Legendary artifacts, including a lute.

A lute drop. Ha!

I thought you'd be much higher with that loadout. What levels are your Ghost and Artifact?

Oh the ghost.....281 i think its much lower than the rest - i got a new artifact last night with 294 so i'm sitting at 292 base and 293 if i equip the strongest weapons

Where are you guys getting the high armour/damage drops? just from strikes? i've not had anything higher than my current equips in a long time now

Edited by Agent Gibbs
its exactly 281

I'm up to 295 with all my best stuff equipped. Think the lowest item I have is my hunter cloak which sits at 283.. so the sooner I get something better than that the better!

I'll log in and update

Primary Weapons

Secondary

Heavy

Armour

295 Helmet (Legendary)

I should be available most times 5pm onwards. Light level is 295 (all legendary/ exotic save for my ghost).

Still working on the sword quest etc.

I've raided in MMORPGs but not in Destiny before.

Heads up for the raid, 3 of Coins work on a few of the bosses since they're Ultras.

I should have the Touch of Malice for when we get to Oryx (unless we blitz the raid in one go tonight) and it's apparently the best the weapon to use on him. Just need to grab two calcified fragments from the raid (to bring my total up to 45) then defeat a special boss and it's mine :yay:

What a night, got the raid sniper which feels pretty nifty. Got the Warlock bond, too.

I also didn't earn my brand new Zhalo Supercell, 310 damage to boot.

Nor did I just earn a 310 Thunderlord from a purple engram I just decrypted.

Yes, excellent night.

Srsly, it was a lot of fun. Glad I didn't fuck up my part at Golgoroth.

Yep, really good session! Loot was flowing, we absolutely nailed a bunch of sections and Rez was even quiet a few times here and there. ;)

Got the shell and the cloak putting me on 300, happy with that! Black Spindle absolutely destroys every raid boss. Y'all should get one.... :D

I really messed up with the Eris mission you're meant to do before the raid though -_- I didn't read it carefully and thought it said defeat the warpriest, but what it actually says is "and stop the creation of a powerful Taken Warbeast". D'oh :(

Can you just select the mission (at Light 240) with the black spindle in at any time or do you need to wait for it to be the daily again? is it solo-able? not sure when i'll have free time this week to try it thats all

Got an awesome scout rifle from a dead orbit rank up last night a 299 dmg Omliion (or wahtever it was), so i'm at 293 now with that. also got a Legendary Rocket Launcher with tracking at 283 dmg

Still being let down by my ghost which is 281, there no sure fire way to get ghost engrams/drops and leaving it to chance is a bind! did a load of Vanguard strikes with some randoms last night before going out, just getting shit loot

last strike was a nightmare, three on our fireteam managed to stay together for about 4 strikes there was me at 293, a hunter at 296 and another warlock at 282...then the hunter dropped out on the new Rasputin strike, so it was me and the weak link trying it as a duo!

Medic was the name of the game, i'd kill most of the mobs at the satellite drop, super kill some more, he'd super off my orbs and go off under the nearest drop ship to kill spawning enemies....or so he tried time and time again only to be obliterated by the cannons on the drop ships

6 attempts later i managed to keep him revived long enough to clear that section.

The next bit with the taken mob was easy enough, on to the columns of electricity and the relic to move. It was left to me to get the relic, whilst he stood at the door with a hand cannon trying to snipe the exploding shanks - failed miserably protecting me and it took three goes at that (each time having to do the taken mob before) then the next section was more taken mobs and the first thing he did was run in super in the middle of a mob and get wiped out

At which point i was sick of baby sitting and left

no idea how someone with 280+ light seemed to have no idea how to not walk into cross fire and die, repeatedly

Anyone want to get the Black Spindle with me today? I think it's the relevant daily mission.

@Sheikah I'm pretty sure you don't have it, anyone else? @Eddage

I'll be on at about 8.

I really messed up with the Eris mission you're meant to do before the raid though -_- I didn't read it carefully and thought it said defeat the warpriest, but what it actually says is "and stop the creation of a powerful Taken Warbeast". D'oh :(

That's the stage I'm on.

Edited by Daft

I was given a copy of Destiny from someone at work who bought it a year ago, then bought the legendary edition (i think) that came with Taken King and all the DLC.

So he gave me the vanilla Destiny disc.

I said I'd never get into it. I wanted to avoid it, but for free I'm not going to pass it up.

I don't have PS+ so I'm only playing single player at the moment and just hit level 8.

Not entirely convinced by it so far to be honest. I'm already finding some of the single player missions repetitive. Go here, fight these enemies then hold out while Ghost does some stuff with something and fight off 2 to 3 drop ships of enemies then level ends.

I guess the Destiny experience is all about the online side though with raids and such?

They Year One mission structure is ass. They only start becoming something worth playing from the DLC onward.

And playing solo is how to make this game not fun.