NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Reached light level 260 : peace:

Will do some Heroic Strikes now.

Edit: Nevermind...people apparently are too fucking stupid to understand what to do...it seems to be too difficult to figure out that you need to PROTECT THE ONE WHO CARRIES THE RELIC because he is BASICALLY UNABLE TO DEFEND HIMSELF.

And a guardian died? Let's all jump into the crossfire to revive him and die...

Amazing, isn't it?

Happy to jump on for strikes any time gang just holler. Psn is TheStorkHimself if you've not added me

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

been off work today and made it to light level 285 (still no legendary helmet, only blue!), i'm going to be out for a few hours after 5 but should be back on for 9-9:30 for anyone striking (@Jimbob and whoever else), if i was off work i'd Raid too but i can't stay up all night

I'd be up for a Raid at the weekend if one is going, even if its just all noobs /the b-team just to see how it goes - i'm totally blind on the raid

Reached light level 260 : peace:

Will do some Heroic Strikes now.

Edit: Nevermind...people apparently are too fucking stupid to understand what to do...it seems to be too difficult to figure out that you need to PROTECT THE ONE WHO CARRIES THE RELIC because he is BASICALLY UNABLE TO DEFEND HIMSELF.

And a guardian died? Let's all jump into the crossfire to revive him and die...

Just grab the relic yourself and stay way back until they removed the threats. Don't put the relic in the machine straightaway in the final boss area cos there will be more enemies spawns

Just grab the relic yourself and stay way back until they removed the threats. Don't put the relic in the machine straightaway in the final boss area cos there will be more enemies spawns

Yeah, had to do that.

I also like to drop the relic, kill two enemies and pick it up before it gets reset.

If there's a nightstalker, let them grab the relic. #ConstantlyRechargingInvisibilitySmokebombLad

Yeah, had to do that.

I also like to drop the relic, kill two enemies and pick it up before it gets reset.

Yeah, the relic recharges your grenades every few seconds. You can be pretty offensive with it.

At light level 269. :)

I should've bought more Three of Coins. I used the 10 I bought on my Vanguard Strike Playlist run and only got two exotic engrams...SUROS Regime and The Jade Rabbit.

Will do some more Heroic Strikes to increase my light level. : peace:

Did Zone Control launch today? Just had a go, good fun finally playing Control where people occasionally defend zones...

Did Zone Control launch today? Just had a go, good fun finally playing Control where people occasionally defend zones...

Played one match and I wrecked that shit. :laughing:

Rekt

My first 15 kill streak, I think.

Anyone fancies spamming Legendary Marks, get onto Zone Control. It's dishing out 10 marks per match.

Edit: It's locked to 30. Also, just reached Light 261 and climbing.

Edited by Jimbob

Scored my first Exotic in the form of Truth (Rocket Launcher), got it on a random Strike (non-Heroic). Light now at 274

Edited by Jimbob

Truth is Fucking Amazing. Especially in PvP. Enjoy!

In other news: Golgoroth can gargle my balls.

Too early to bag a space on a full team next week raid?

There isn't one yet, but you can try organising it.

---

For anyone having trouble finding randoms in patrol to help with events...

SGA: Crossing a patrol level transition too quickly can cause matchmaking to fail.

2pJyfmk.png

So try sprinting between areas instead of boosting your sparrow.

Edited by Daft

Had my first run through on the Alak-hul strike last night as part of the vanguard playlist and must say, just like the Shield Brothers one before it, I didn't enjoy it all that much. While the final encounter is a nice twist on what we've all run through thousands of times up to this point, I didn't think it added anything to the strike. If anything, I thought it artificially increased the difficulty. It's also made a bit confusing that our Ghost can light up so why the hell didn't that happen. It's by no means the worst strike there (looking at you Omnigul) but I thought it could've been a bit more than the "fighting in the dark" gimmick.

Seems to be a running theme so far with the new strikes though from the ones I've played. I had thought they said they were going to incorporate some of the mechanics we've seen in the raids in to them and the like but I'm yet to see anything that's a change up from before.

Anyways, boosted my light up to 218 but the lack of a solid legendary Scout rifle is holding me back. From what I've heard, the Dead Orbit one is good but the rolls on the perks don't seem that great. But again, this seems to be carrying over the gear that's available with vendors (and I'm looking at these at the moment as I'm not really getting drops from strikes and the vanguard playlist to improve much). A lot of them are focused on the new Titan subclass and I just want stuff that better suits running a Defender build because that is more useful with the current high end content.

Likewise, there seems to be a focus on Auto Rifles, Pulse Rifles and Side Arms for the perks on armour which again doesn't sit with what I run. I keep hoping that legendary engrams will roll something better than those to make up for it but it's just all following suit. Hopefully I'll get the right perks sooner rather than later as I do feel that it's slowing my progress in getting my light level up.

Gonna be putting more time into it at the weekend and fingers crossed one or more of these things changes and I can bump my character's light up a bit.

Truth is Fucking Amazing. Especially in PvP. Enjoy!

In other news: Golgoroth can gargle my balls.

Oh, i will. Intend to keep it as my Heavy, i have a nice Machine Gun i'm levelling up to match it, so my light doesn't get affected.

I've got 2 days off (Thursday + Friday), will be on and off Destiny over this time. If ya see me on and need help with anything (sans the new Raid) or just want to do Patrols/Strikes etc, drop us an invite.

Can I just check as I'm sure I saw something somewhere about it - should I be bothered about scrapping Blue gear? I've been dismantling greens I don't need, but wasn't sure about if Blue's useful for anything. Also what's the deal with purple? I got something purple or two from quests, and would expect they're going to be awesome but they currently aren't - seems to be they could be? Or is that more of a year 1 thing? Am I missing something?

(probably, yes)

The order of rarity is:

White

Green (Uncommon)

Blue (Rare)

Purple (Legendary)

Yellow (Exotic)

Typically an item should be better than one in a tier below, but it could still be lower light level, especially if you found it earlier in the game.

You can scrap blues you don't need for anything. Blues with a high light level can be infused into lower light purples in order to raise the purple's light level (up to 80% of the blue's level). However, I don't think infusing is that necessary until you're at 275+ because you will constantly be finding newer, better gear, better to save the marks for now (although eventually you'll probably have more than you could ever spend).

Dismantling blues awards glimmer and materials IIRC? Which you need to level up other armour.

If you find legendaries and the perks are sub-par and the light level is lower than what you're using, just scrap them for marks. If you level them up a bit first, they will be worth more marks (from 3 minimum to 4-5).

Edited by Shorty

I've been starting the Infusion process on some of my weapons, i do quite like them. I did get a Legendary Auto-Rifle with 200 attack and a decent impact. I have infused other weapons with better attack with it, now it's up to 275 attack

Had crazy fun with the Raid last night. Nice difficulty level, very fun and complex enough to still be enjoyable. It has a nice rhythmic feel to it if that makes sense.

I guess we got just over half way through?

First time I tried *that boss* and whilst hard, and we didn't manage it, I now have a good understanding and it by no way feels impossible.

Is it just me or Bungie made everything tougher than before?

I tried complete the Exotic Sword Quest but someone had to kill my Warden straightaway instead keep it alive and reduce the Darkblade's health all the down to 1HP for kill both them within 30secs. :blank:

Then Daft told me about a hidden exotic reward on the Daily Heroic Mission. Dan, Eddage and me managed to kill the boss but ran out of the time with clearing the enemies. :shakehead

Y

sigh I just wrote out a full post and got an error when posting an lost it....

Does the old B-Team want to Raid Friday? Does anyone? @kav82 (although I think you have dropped Destiny) @ReZourceman @Deathjam @Shorty @Daft @Jimbob @DriftKaiser

Did I tag everyone?

I'll be free after 7pm, should be available some point saturday too

Yup Friday is good for me