NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

What the fuck happened to crucible?

I used to be quite good with my SUROS Regime. It was my first Exotic in The Taken King and was very happy when I got it yesterday.

However, I'm getting wrecked in PVP. :blank: Yeah yeah, git gud...

I'm still not bad, a bit rusty, yes, but most enemies seem to have weapons that only take 2-3 hits to kill me.

In year one items didn't matter that much in crucible but from what I've played in the last couple of days this has changed quite a lot.

Been dipping into the crucible a bit - find it levels me quite quickly though I'm incredibly shit at it. Also been trying to do bounties but think I need to unlock more - me and my mate are gonna make story a bit more of a priority I think now. Whilst I'm still not entirely following everything you guys are talking about, I'm super enjoying this game(despite my failings) - find myself just wanting to play more all the time!

So @Daft @ReZourceman @Deathjam @DriftKaiser you have 4/6 already!

What the fuck happened to crucible?

I used to be quite good with my SUROS Regime. It was my first Exotic in The Taken King and was very happy when I got it yesterday.

Assault Rifles are pretty crap in PvP. They were nerfed to shit in 1.1.10 or something. They got a buff for 2.0, but not a big one. It's all about pulse rifles, scout rifles, shotguns and handcannons :)

Edited by Shorty

Assault Rifles are pretty crap in PvP. They were nerfed to shit in 1.1.10 or something. They got a buff for 2.0, but not a big one. It's all about pulse rifles, shotguns and handcannons :)

So much for balance...Shame, I really liked PvP. :(

The new strikes are awesome. Can see myself doing the vanguard playlist tomorrow for hours. Still only the level 36 one, but I think that's the best way to get better equipment right now.

VoG and Crota's End, we kept the same raid team until we beat it. I don't get why this is different.

VoG and Crota's End, we kept the same raid team until we beat it. I don't get why this is different.

If this is for today, I probably won't be able to as I'm seeing a film after work but I do agree that the raid team should finish as they started.

I want to have a blind run with others in the dark too.

Not close to 280 as of yet, probably more close to 240 (i'm on 232 light). Which i need to be to unlock/give me a better chance at the Heroic Strikes to get better gear.

Level 36 Vanguard Strikes are the best way to level up your light, not Heroic strikes. Do several in a row (without going to orbit between) if you can as the chance of good drops increases each time.

If there are 6 other players who can raid this week, and @DriftKaiser is free tomorrow, then we'll rearrange the players to restore the previous team. Otherwise, whether I was right or wrong to do a first-come-first-serve, I can't ask anyone to step out now.

But getting rid of us without asking, that's cool. Dan and Zell were comfortable enough to start a blind raid with randoms, they chose to do that. You'll be forcing me and Drift to do the same.

You shouldn't have started a fresh raid because the raid we were on isn't over, reset or no reset.

Edited by Daft

Put in a lot of time on this at the weekend, finishing up the main TTK quest line and getting to lvl 40 pretty easily. While that quest line was enjoyable, I do think the end battle to it and some of the cinematics/to-ing and fro-ing between vanguard vendors meant that it fell a little flat for me. I get that with the latter, they're trying to bring the narrative up to scratch but think they over-hammed it a bit (though Nathan Fillion's performance was great throughout).

But I feel the former point really let the game down. I get it that they were merely setting up the inevitable raid confrontation but that it just felt a bit meh.

The end cutscene after that was interesting though. Interested to see how they take that one in the coming months, provided they're going to keep systematically update the game with content without a season pass but guess we'll see how that pans out come December-ish if they're keeping to the same schedule for the release of content.

Not too keen on the one new strike I've played through, Shield Brothers, and some of the additional quests after the main quest line, such as the one in the VoG which glitched out on me and I had to restart as the oracles weren't spawning for the last boss. Hopefully the other strikes are a bit better, will find out tomorrow when I get another chance to play.

Some of the new multiplayer maps are also feeling a little poor. Sector 618 particularly feels awful when it comes to Rift, as does Frontier. Still enjoying playing it though despite some poor map designs, especially as my MIDA is still holding its own against some of the newer stuff making an appearance, or in the case of The Jade Rabbit which are in abundance from what I've seen so far. Haven't yet found a weapon to replace it, even with getting a year 2 Hawkmoon. The new Scouts don't really look the par and don't appear to offer the kind of stats/perks that I want from my weapon.

So yeah, from what I've played they've definitely made strides forward, especially on the narrative, but there are still quite a few things that could be improved with some more thought. Still, enjoying the content that's there and the bountiful number of quests. Just don't understand why quests are there from the vanilla game and the year 1 expansions despite having cleared all of the criteria for them. Bit annoying having to head to orbit to then have it pop up with the next step :blank:

But getting rid of us without asking, that's cool. Dan and Zell were comfortable enough to start a blind raid with randoms, they chose to do that. You'll be forcing me and Drift to do the same.

You shouldn't have started a fresh raid because the raid we were on isn't over, reset or no reset.

I've apologised once and won't do it again, don't really appreciate your aggressive tone. It didn't occur to me that we should keep the same team, I don't remember that being a thing in the past at all, not beyond reset. I was more concerned about giving everyone the same chance, rather than signing up the same six so that the other people couldn't play with the clan again. Speaking of the clan, I recall you're not even in ours, since you decided it wasn't good enough for you.

@DriftKaiser I'll extend you the same offer I made Daft, you can have my space in the raid if you feel similarly wronged by this turn of events.

I organised a team to beat the raid blind. We only got half way. I don't want your apology, I'm not angry at you, I'm annoyed. And I'm allowed to be annoyed because we are meant to be friends. And instead of doing the logical thing and just reverting to the original raid team, the one that agreed to do it blind – all of it I assumed, not half of it – you're sticking to this new team that you just randomly opened.

Also, I left the clan because no one was using the functionality because everyone on there was already on here. We kept running the same raid teams and I wanted to break it up, maybe bring some new people to the forum (also, I reapplied to join the clan again). That's exactly the reason I left our WhatsApp group too, because we always arranged raids on there and bypassed everyone on here, which I thought was unfair.

We all spent a lot of money on the game, we've all been looking forward to it for months. You can only do the raid blind once. I'm not really sure what to do now.

I would never have done this to you or anyone on here. You are utterly unbelievable.

Edit: Let's just draw a line under this. We're just going back and forth. Enjoy the raid and good luck.

Edited by Daft

You can't really draw a line under that rather personal attack. Had I made the other choice and simply mentioned everyone from our last attempt, I would've received flak from other members for running the "elite team 1 raid team" and excluding everyone else, like I did in the first two raids. My mistake was obviously to try arranging anything at all, from now on I won't bother.

I don't really understand your point that there's no way to raid blind, as we have pointed out there are several other forum members who want to raid blind still. What you're really saying is, there's no way for you to raid blind asap.

Right

@Daft @Shorty

Lets get two raids organised. I do think there are enough people for both. I'm not currently at the necessary light level but its difficult to try and get into a fireteam.

So, who isn't already at the light level? Lets get organising some fireteams so everyone can get to the required level to ensure the raids can go ahead.

When I created Team B back in the day I ensured that the same fireteam did the same raid to ensure that no one misses out.

Destiny is shit alone. I'd hate to have paid all of this money and not get to enjoy the main event - Raids

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to attack you personally. Could you point out where, because I honestly didn't mean to. I called the situation bullshit, I wasn't calling you an idiot or anything. Dude, you're the one who brought up me dropping out of the clan because I thought I was too good for N Europe (Which isn't true, I was frustrated, as were a couple other people, but at least I tried to be proactive about it). And how is that even relevant? We don't use the clan system, hence why I dropped out.

Also, I've already raided blind to a point. I know how to do half the raid. So I have to stay quiet while everyone else figures it out in their own time? Sounds unfair on me and them.

But it's a game, you've made your choice, and obviously I'm annoyed and upset but nothing is coming of this so let's move on.

Would anyone really have given you flak for picking the same team to finish the raid (I mean, the majority of this team are the same team as last week, in any case)? Seriously, would anyone on this forum have had a problem? Please tell me because it looked like we had two teams prepped to do blind raids and now we have a slight discord where eight people are half way through the raid and six people haven't even started it. Except two of the people who are half way through chose to start their blind raid with randoms and me and Drift who didn't, were in a group precisely because we wanted to do it with people we knew, are left with no option but to either wait for people on here to level up or to find randoms. It's pretty simple really.

The problem previously was that the same group of people were doing the same raid every week, for months on end. I don't really understand how you don't get that. A blind raid is completely different.

Anyway, lets move on.

Edited by Daft
Typos and extra words for miles

So, who isn't already at the light level? Lets get organising some fireteams so everyone can get to the required level to ensure the raids can go ahead.

Currently at 230. Not sure when I'll hit the required/recommended level and have suitable equipment.

I've mostly been playing alone, bar the activities which have matchmaking.

Now that I have my headset I will probably enter party chats if nobody minds.

Also: If people see me online and like to join my fireteam, feel free to do so.

Currently at 230. Not sure when I'll hit the required/recommended level and have suitable equipment.

I've mostly been playing alone, bar the activities which have matchmaking.

Now that I have my headset I will probably enter party chats if nobody minds.

Also: If people see me online and like to join my fireteam, feel free to do so.

Like I said in my earlier post, I'm happy to take a step back from my own quests to help more people get up to raid level, so if you want to run strikes for better gear or need help with the daily story for legendary marks etc just give me a shout, I'll be on this evening.

Who's 280+ now, or close?

@Blade @MilaGi @Deathjam @Dan_Dare @Zell @ReZourceman @Agent Gibbs @Jimbob

There's also Eric, Tompa, AlanPartridge.

Must be a second team in there somewhere! (Mentioning some who are already in, just because I already know what the previous team is at).

Right

When I created Team B back in the day I ensured that the same fireteam did the same raid to ensure that no one misses out.

Destiny is shit alone. I'd hate to have paid all of this money and not get to enjoy the main event - Raids

I got to light level 257 or something last night, still rocking a blue helmet too

It would be good to get the old B-team going again, i'm atempting to get to 280 before friday to hopefully Raid with someone, anyone even, never got strong enough with HOW to even do Skolas, the stupid Etheric light drops turned me off the game - TTK feels soo much better and longer

So don't do Heroic strikes just do the lvl36 for good drops? sounds a reasonable idea.

The Heroic Strikes are a nightmare, i keep getting with sub 240 light people and i feel like a medic, revives left and right! and my god they changed the "legacy" strikes! Dust Palace was mental with the extra Taken everywhere, never mind the ridiculous level 41 mindflayer bosses! 45 min and in fairness i got two legendary shotguns, different versions of the same

I'm getting there slowly but surely but not yet Raid level and won't know when I will be. I'm eager to do it but similarly not in a mad rush to get to it. I do, however, want to to it blind though as that's one of the most enjoyable parts of it... working out the mechanics and solving the puzzles together as a team and having a laugh when things go tits up :D

As for the raid teams... I'd always just assumed that teams would be kept together as best as possible until completion of the raid for the first time and then it can be relaxed more at a later stage.

I remember missing out on beating Crota for the first time and some LFG person came in to take my place. I was a bit gutted by it but I got over it. Afterall, we've always gone for the "leave no man behind" style motto :)

@Map I'll be on tonight if you fancy doing some strikes?

Right, so where do we find better Ghost skins. I got one with 170 defense, but can't seem to get one with higher. It's one of the many things holding my light level down

Does anyone wanna do a nightfall tonight? Need to complete it with my hunter so I can complete a quest line.

Does anyone wanna do a nightfall tonight? Need to complete it with my hunter so I can complete a quest line.

Yeah, I can. Can be on from maybe 7? Then when I do that I can help @Zell (in fact, Zell, fancy doing this too?)

Right, so where do we find better Ghost skins. I got one with 170 defense, but can't seem to get one with higher. It's one of the many things holding my light level down

Buy one from the vanguard if you can. Only 60 Legendary marks, I think, and it's 280 defence.