NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

To be honest I don't think I'm gonna get chance to raid again before the reset. What's everyone's availability like next week?

I'm just going to go ahead and start a raid now for after the reset. If people complete it before then I'd appreciate your letting anyone who hasn't, try to figure out any puzzle/platforming sections at least. At this point I'm pretty happy to be guided through further boss fights.

But this time I'm gonna be fussy and say you need to be at least light 280, ideally 290+, and bring a sniper and machine gun if possible. Sorry, but if you're not, it just can't be done.

Kings Fall - Tuesday 22nd 8pm (tentative, could start earlier maybe)

Me

<space>

<space>

<space>

<space>

<space>

I'm in, next week I can do any evening but Friday.

Dan Dare and I did some raiding last night with an LFG group. We spent a fairly long time at the War Priest, but managed to get there in the end after a series of near-misses. Only spent a short amount of time on Golgoroth, but didn't really get anywhere before calling it a night.

Really enjoying this Raid by the way.

To be honest I don't think I'm gonna get chance to raid again before the reset. What's everyone's availability like next week?

I'm just going to go ahead and start a raid now for after the reset. If people complete it before then I'd appreciate your letting anyone who hasn't, try to figure out any puzzle/platforming sections at least. At this point I'm pretty happy to be guided through further boss fights.

But this time I'm gonna be fussy and say you need to be at least light 280, ideally 290+, and bring a sniper and machine gun if possible. Sorry, but if you're not, it just can't be done.

3 Spots Available

Me

@Sheikah

@Eddage

<space>

<space>

<space>

Put me down if possible.

3 Spots Available

Me

@Sheikah

@Eddage

<space>

<space>

<space>

Yep I'm free. Pop me down for a space.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

1 Spot Available

Me

@Sheikah

@Eddage

@Zell

@Dan_Dare

<space>

I'm free Tuesday if there is still space.

God damn it's slow increasing your light, I'm stuck around 229 light, but I've got some good equipment from using the coins on bosses, new suros regime, new last word, and a second set of the untameable(?) machine gauntlets with better stats than the pair I bought off of Xur

Need legendary Helmet boots and gloves, but I can get into the daily now so I could get another 15 marks towards buying something

If you're slowing down with your light, you might not be doing the right level challenges. Do the vanguard strikes and daily heroics for the best gear you can get.

Also, good tip: save up engrams over a long play session then, once you have plenty:

• Decrypt one engram
  • check if it's higher light than what you're using
  • If it's higher. equip it
  • your new, higher light level means the next engram you decrypt has a higher change of being better

also, when you do this, make sure you save any legendary (purple) engrams til the end. More chance you'll get something good that way.

IMO, the best way to get something started is not an open-ended message on here. Go for an in-game invite with a message of what you're doing (I've sent so many invites titled "nightfall?", "control?", "daily?" etc. over the last year). Or alternatively look at the party chats, you can do options > view players and if it's mostly clan members, just jump in and ask if anyone wants to help :)

I was tempted by The Taken King but £50 DLC seems incredibly steep. Or is this a whole new game?

It's essentially a whole new game, the amount of content just never seems to end!

Just finished the "Taken War" quest line, Jesus F-ing Christ does that get hard! Had to call in reinforcements for the penultimate mission (major thanks to @MilaGi and @Map) which is light level 260. The final mission is level 270 but was fairly easy thanks to my rocket launcher!

I am blown away with how good The Taken King is. It's better than the original game and two other DLCs put together!

Just had a look at my play time and over my three characters... Apparently I have an active total of over 675 hours and that doesn't even count the time spent in the tower or in orbit. Can't believe I wouldn't have even played this game if it didn't come with my PS4 :heh:

I need to get a machine gun with large magazine and a good sniper rifle before I can attempts the King's Fall again. My Telesto is only useful when we are surrounded with thralls/ads or stripping the shield away from majors :(

Can't believe I wouldn't have even played this game if it didn't come with my PS4 :heh:

Glad I could help! :)

Funnily enough, the only thing that got me into Destiny was the fact I was house sitting for my best mate when the game was released. He'd pre-ordered it and basically said if I fancied trying it out then just go for it... so I did and here I am! :D

I need to get a machine gun with large magazine and a good sniper rifle before I can attempts the King's Fall again. My Telesto is only useful when we are surrounded with thralls/ads or stripping the shield away from majors :(

One of the quests rewards you with a 100-Yard Stare sniper with firefly, a cracking sniper! It's only 250 but can obviously be infused higher.

There aren't many machine guns with large magazines now that they've nerfed Field Scout. Even the mighty Thunderlord is a shadow of its former self :(

I know this is the longest of shots but since I went to the trouble of at least attempting to get everyone in on the raid last week and the same courtesy hasn't been extended this time, is there anyone interested in doing the raid this week who isn't already attached to one? I'm going try and get some people I went to the Lighthouse with that I occasionally play with (don't know how likely that is but it's worth a shot) – who are much better players than I will ever hope to be – just to make life a little easier but otherwise, if you meet the requirements (minimum 280 light level, snipers and machine guns are recommended) then let me know.

I'm not organising this raid, I'm heading to LFG and asking if anyone wants to come with. I'm free any night except Wednesday and I'm around on the weekend.

@Blade Let me know f you want to do some strikes, too.

Edited by Daft

You put in the effort and then nobody bothered to level up enough.... Meaning people who signed up for the second raid team were lumped with people who never had a hope of being there, so they ended up having to use LFG instead.

Sorry if what I did was somehow discriminatory, it's the same way we did it for the last two raids which worked fine.

Once there's 12+ players at 280+ light, it will be easier to have two teams.

Skeikah wasn't the right light level and instead of have the courtesy of letting Rez step in or Dan Dare – who were both on chat at the time – we let him keep his place.

I messaged Dan myself trying to get the second raid going.

And how often do raids get organised for the next week before this week is over? How was I meant to know that we'd given up on this week and we were already thinking about next week? We could have carried on tonight.

No, it's bullshit. You, me and Blade try and sort out the raid more often than most on here and I (I think Blade too) have felt frozen out multiple times. I put in the time, took a day off work, to be raiding from week one. This is bullshit.

Sorry, I said from the start I couldn't do Sunday or Monday night, and not many people were free Sunday day. I went to my Mum's last night and took her to the airport in Leeds at 2am this morning, I'm at work now so I'll be shattered tonight. The best I could do was open up another raid.

If you want, you can take my space in that raid and I'll start another.

I appreciate the offer but it'd be just as unfair to take your place. I'll just try and sort something out for myself.

Skeikah wasn't the right light level and instead of have the courtesy of letting Rez step in or Dan Dare – who were both on chat at the time – we let him keep his place.

I messaged Dan myself trying to get the second raid going.

And how often do raids get organised for the next week before this week is over? How was I meant to know that we'd given up on this week and we were already thinking about next week? We could have carried on tonight.

No, it's bullshit. You, me and Blade try and sort out the raid more often than most on here and I (I think Blade too) have felt frozen out multiple times. I put in the time, took a day off work, to be raiding from week one. This is bullshit.

@Daft you can have my spot if you like, it doesn't sit right with me you're not getting to raid when you went to the trouble of trying to organise 2 raids last week.

I was actually talking about this a bit with @Blade and @MilaGi in chat yesterday that people are gonna get left behind if the same group are raiding all the time. So, I'm gonna take a step back and maybe help people get up to speed as the sooner we have 2 raid teams the easier it will be and im in no rush to get through the content anyway.

I appreciate that Map. I feel like I've now soured this whole thing, I don't really want to take anyone's place.

I think we should keep the team we started with together until we actually complete the raid for the first time; we started together so I only think it's fair we all finish together. It's what we'd try and do any other week, isn't it? What does @DriftKaiser think? He took two weeks off for this game, didn't he? I'd like to know what he thinks since he was also involved.

This isn't like any other week, this is running the raid blind.

Maybe I'm overreacting, I just got blindsided by this whole thing.

To be honest I'm not even sure 280 is gonna cut it, maybe a couple but I think most of the fireteam will need to be 290+ to have any chance.

You can easily start at 280 though, maybe get some gear, maybe get more gear as the week progresses.