NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

I've requested Friday off work so hopefully I'll have done a bit of levelling, too.

Really fucking excited.

Also, there'll almost definitely be enough people for a second Raid team and I know a few people (Eric, Morgan, Dan and a few others who aren't one the forums and would probably be happy to fill spots – not to mention people's alts) so everyone who is interested, register your interest!!

The more we know about the numbers that are interested in raiding the more we can prepare for any potential shortfalls. No need for anyone to get left out.

EDIT:

Just an FYI for anyone planning to do the raid on Friday.

You need The Taken King to play the six-player raid, titled King's Fall. You also need to have reached the expansion's end game section in order to access it.

Might be worth doing it on Saturday.

EDIT 2:

Just occurred to me, we'd only need one person to unlock it since they could probably fly everyone in.

Edited by Daft

I'll probably fly through the story in no time. However, beyond that I might try to ease up on farming things etc in this DLC, rushing to earn everything asap. I'd rather spread it out a little! Racing for keys on sparrows was a heck of a lot of fun, but we would've extended the life of HoW a bit more if we'd all had to go out and spend a little time earning keys each time we wanted to do PoE (and if the PoE rewards had been even slightly worthwhile)>

Ditto. Fully unlocking all those subclasses should take a while, too.

So... Who's in for the King's Fall on Friday the 18th?

I'm up for that*

*depends whether I've moved into house and have an internet connection!

Sweet. If everyone who's interested says, I'll got through the thread and compile a list next Friday and we can sort out another raid team (maybe even a third), as well as confirm the first, potential alt runs etc, etc. The 18th is still really far off.

@Map, tomorrow at 8 for some Prison of Elders fun - hopefully find a Queen's Cipher

If anyone else fancies taking the third spot to make it a bit easier it would be greatly appreciated!

@Map, tomorrow at 8 for some Prison of Elders fun - hopefully find a Queen's Cipher

If anyone else fancies taking the third spot to make it a bit easier it would be greatly appreciated!

8pm is fine with me, @MilaGi said he might be up for the third spot tomorrow.

My current project ends on the 15th - perfect timing! Going to take the rest of the week off to play The Taken King.

I would definitely be up for a Raid at the weekend. I know most people here have 3 characters so hopefully we can get multiple sessions going.

"Incomplete Year One Exotic Bounties are auto-completed with their respective Vendors"
Within the 2.0.0 update on this Tue. ;)

I'm taking a Destiny break until Taken King, i'll be up for raiding on the 18th, as long as i've finished the story.

Just a heads up for anyone who still needs grimoire for killing wanted Wolves - they'll be gone after the 2.0 update hits so you've only got until Tuesday to get them!

I love this game to bits, but I'll never love it enough to farm for a grimoire card :p

Sooo...I'm a PS4 owner now! Destiny seems to be a certain for teh cards with The Taken King expansion/retail release coming up. My only question - how hard is it going to be on me getting into this game so much later than all of yous? I know basically nothing about the game really.

I'll be up for raiding but I'm probably gonna be a bit behind as I'm moving house and will have no internet for awhile

Does anyone know if TTK includes any changes to the arena combat? Not looking for specifics, just whether they've looked at it or not.

Sooo...I'm a PS4 owner now! Destiny seems to be a certain for teh cards with The Taken King expansion/retail release coming up. My only question - how hard is it going to be on me getting into this game so much later than all of yous? I know basically nothing about the game really.

Your early experience of the game will be awesome, because you won't have any of the things that niggle people who've basically played it into the ground over the last year (a lot of those things are being ironed out in the next major patch next week).

Several players myself included will be wanting to re-do old missions and strikes to experience minor updates and the new voice actor that are being added in the DLC, so you can invite us along to your story missions at any time. Get on Party chat for banter/to ask us any questions but for the most part, I'd try not to have us day-one players interfere and complicate things too much.

Many aspects of the gameplay I can't even tell you about, we'll be discovering a whole new levelling system, new collectible mechanics, new bounties, new events, new weapons, new armour, new weapon and armour levelling structures.... and I've personally kept myself completely in the dark about it. From what I remember hearing, you can also get yourself a temporary level boost to join us on the latest missions, strikes (3 man, longer missions with a boss battle) and raids (6 man), as well as the new public event stuff.

You can jump into PvP pretty much as soon as you've unlocked your double jump and grenades. Level doesn't matter to damage dealt/received in most PvP modes.

Ah... to never know the pain of running out of vault space... I envy you :p you're going to join when the PvP is (hopefully) the most balanced (at the moment everyone uses one of three handcannons and 1HK shotguns that have ridiculous range, nobody has touched an Assault rifle for months), the story is the most fleshed out and you're getting by far the best value for money.

Edited by Shorty

Also, you'll be able to jump instantly to lvl 25 from what I understand.

Yeah I'm thinking I'll take it easy/by myself for the first chunk of playing, just to get my head around it all. Guess we'll just have to see how it goes! Just preordered from SimplyGames for £37.

Don't forget there's a demo @Rummy.

What does the Destiny Trial include?

•Character creation and progression to Level 7, which carries over to the full version of the game should you decide to purchase a retail copy of Destiny

•Five Story Missions set in Old Russia

•Access to the Tower and multiple Tower vendors

•“The Devil's Lair” 3-player cooperative Strike

But... I read on reddit that right now the full vanilla game seems to be unlocked, or at least you can level up to 20.

Edited by Shorty

Anyone want to run Crota on Hard tonight? Or on Thursday?

I got my third and final Elder Cypher on Saturday – which should auto-complete with 2.0 tomorrow – which means the only thing I don't have is the Crux (And the Graverobber sparrow, but but whatever).

Right wheres best place to get the game offline?

Ive got a few games I want to trade in hence the reason I need to go to an actual store. Also is anyone going to be around on day 1? Im tempted to book the day off for it.

I also think we should try and arrange fireteams before release so no one is left out or forgotten.