NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Forgot about the fucking maintenance today.

PoE 35 today maybe anyone?

Taken King DLC is still £40 and it will be another £20 if you want to get those CE's 3x shaders, 3x class items and 3x emotes... Ridiculous!

Taken King DLC is still £40 and it will be another £20 if you want to get those CE's 3x shaders, 3x class items and 3x emotes... Ridiculous!

My feelings about this are very conflicted. Geez talk about gouging us for every penny.

It'll probably be £20 (as it's $20) but we don't know for sure yet. Apparently the class items give an exp boost.

Crappy pricing though. Insane to charge the same as what they do for an expansion, but for a few piddly items.

Yeah what a joke. I wish people hadn't been so vocal about the possibility of making the emotes a separate microtransaction. Bungie latched onto this and provided it as though it was the solution everyone sought. And then did it at twice the price anyone predicted.

It'll probably be £20 (as it's $20) but we don't know for sure yet. Apparently the class items give an exp boost.

Crappy pricing though. Insane to charge the same as what they do for an expansion, but for a few piddly items.

If Bungie use the same conversion rate as they've done before, wouldn't put it past it being far off.

This is getting to the point of being absolutley ridiculous.

This is so fucking stupid. The issue isn't the exclusive crap, it's the price overall.

It should be £30 for The Taken King, then £20 for each of the next two expansions or £30 for both as a Season Pass. That's £60 in total, which is still over the odds but isn't out of line. How fucking hard is that to understand?!

The whole handling of the pricing and content situation has been ridiculous but I will say kudos to Luke Smith for admitting his wrong in the interview.

The extras in the collector's edition weren't something that I was too bothered about. After all, some new emotes and shaders are token things and yeah the exotics would be nice but not imperative for me if I was to pick up The Taken King and keep playing. But now separating it for those who already have the Year 1 content into what will most likely be a £20 download is a farce. It's not something I'd be willing to pay up for. Maybe at half that price but even then it's pushing it a bit.

That said, the whole pricing structure of Destiny wreaks of Activision's involvement and their attempt to fleece as much from consumers as possible. I think we'd all have been a bit more happy to have had more of a structure like Blizzard has done with WoW (which, under that structure, would have meant the likes of TDB and HoW would have been free) but they've treated it like a Call of Duty map pack and it just doesn't work for the type of game it is and the type of series Bungie wants it to be. If they are going to go for the 10 years they want out of it, then they really do need to adjust the pricing of things because who in their right mind would continue to pay at the current rate of content for the next 10 years when the add-ons bring very little to the table.

I'm holding out hope that they are going to provide enough with the Taken King to entice me back as the vidoc did sound promising but I'm beginning to get sceptical that what will be there will be of value enough to keep my interest going before they drop the next expansion after that.

@Blade & @Map I'll not be going to the cinema tomorrow so can do PoE 35 if yous want... or alternatively, we could still do that on Sat and maybe do nightfalls tomorrow instead since it'll be less taxing! (unless you've both already done them of course) lol

@Sheikah - sorry i missed your invite last night. I was watching Better Call Saul!

@Sheikah - sorry i missed your invite last night. I was watching Better Call Saul!

This man made the right choice. 👍🏿

@Blade @lostmario, you guys available for those Poe runs?

Sorry, I got asked to play Fifa Pro Clubs on Tuesday night, something I find very hard to turn down.

@Blade & @Map I'll not be going to the cinema tomorrow so can do PoE 35 if yous want... or alternatively, we could still do that on Sat and maybe do nightfalls tomorrow instead since it'll be less taxing! (unless you've both already done them of course) lol

Yeah, I can do tonight.

I'll be around tonigh for Poe 35 and sons trials if anyone is interested

I'll be around tonigh for Poe 35 and sons trials if anyone is interested

Trails would be good! I'm after boots for Titan and Hunter this week if i can since they both have the heavy ammo perk!

Hawkmoon was made for Small Arms Skolas. Those Captains on Lightswitch though...wipe-causing.

Hawkmoon was made for Small Arms Skolas. Those Captains on Lightswitch though...wipe-causing.

Hawk moon was made for everything

I'd say 4th Horseman was often more useful. But definitely not with Lightswitch active.

I'm up for some PoE over the weekend if anyone is interested. Need me some Etheric Lights