NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Sorry guys. Turns out that I can't make the raid. Due to traffic diversions, i missed my train and won't be back till about 11pm.

No worries nothing that could be helped

Think we could do it with 5? If not the slot is available @Map? Anyone else?

So, this has managed to get its claws into me once again and I relented and picked up the Expansion Pass last week. I'd be annoyed that I let the game hook me again but I've been enjoying it, picking up new weapons and the strikes which was something that I wasn't doing a month or so back.

The missions in the expansion, as others have no doubt said, weren't up to much but at least it was something new to experience. That Will of Crota strike though, popped into the Vanguard ROC playlist yesterday and ran through it for the first time. It's really not a great strike. The whole things up the fight with Omnigul is just so boring and lacking in anything and then suddenly the boss battle becomes a clusterfuck of Hive knights and such and it was just manic trying to do that with 2 other randoms, one of whom thought the best place to stand was right in front of Omnigul and went down about 10-15 time :blank: So yeah, not a fan of that one and the whole run and chase thing they have it set up with for that boss.

Not had a chance to try the Undying Mind strike but from what I've heard, it might not be the best to try that one with randoms for a first go but I'll see. Did fine with Omnigul so should be pretty straight forward.

Did manage to snag myself the Invective shotgun the other night, though that was thanks to getting the bounty for it. Haven't had much of a chance to see what it's like (I only picked the bounty for it as I do tend to use shotguns a lot in PvP) but think it'll need a bit of levelling up and getting used to as the smaller magazine and quicker shots/more movement feels a bit strange coming off of using my Invisible Hand MK7 for so long.

Hopefully once I've got that upgraded a bit, along with my Vision of Confluence and The Last Word, I'll be all good for a shot at Crota's End in a couple of weeks time when I've got a little bit more time spare. At that point I should at least be able to properly start making my way towards level 32 with raid gear rather than having been relying on vendor/faction gear since December to sit at level 30.

I think Omnigul and Undying Mind are two of the best strikes. Those two uphill bits actually add some verticality to the fight which I think literally none of the other strikes have.

My favourite strike is Devil's Lair. :heh:

I'm sick of Devil's Lair! had to play it far too much for bounties lately (that exotic bounty 5 no deaths in strikes in a row killed it for me)

If anyone does a VOG HM this week i'll play, still need that vex to satisfy my needs (tempted to train up a titan just to improve my odds)

Edited by Agent Gibbs

I don't pick strikes just to clear bounties, if there's a strike I have to do (e.g. Nightfall) then I'll try and clear specific bounties at the same time. Otherwise I can't be bothered.

"had to do x for bounties", this is what makes people get bitter and fed up in this game! IMO unless you're just about to level up something awesome, you should never even start a bounty you won't enjoy completing.

Finally full upgraded the Helm of Saint-14. Now I need a shedload of radiant shards and a pair of CE Raid boots to get my Titan reach level 32. Next weapons to level is Word of Crota, Swordbreaker and Truth/Or Thunderlord.

I don't pick strikes just to clear bounties, if there's a strike I have to do (e.g. Nightfall) then I'll try and clear specific bounties at the same time. Otherwise I can't be bothered.

"had to do x for bounties", this is what makes people get bitter and fed up in this game! IMO unless you're just about to level up something awesome, you should never even start a bounty you won't enjoy completing.

Thats where i went wrong i think, trying to level stuff up too fast

playing it once a week is pretty good i think

Hard Crora tomorrow (Tuesday)? 8:15PM? Shorty as swordbearer again? Goes so smooth...lemme know if you're passing dude and I'll remove.

Sheikah

@Shorty

[space]

[space]

[space]

[space]

@Zell @Eddage @Map @Agent Gibbs @Daft @DriftKaiser @Deathjam. Think MilaGi is out.

I will probably be out Wed and away for the weekend so would be nice to get one done tomorrow.

Yep I'm in, no problem. Maxed out my Don't Touch Mes and raid helm too at last :)

Edited by Shorty

I can't do it tonight i'll be out from 1730 and won't be back in until 2100....maybe later in the week i'll run it with my Hunter, or if i get it levelled up quick enough a Titan (doubt it, don't have the time to power level a titan)

Ok then, just one more space.

Hard Crota, tonight 8:15 PM

Sheikah

Shorty

Eddage

DriftKaiser

Daft

[space]

Sheikah

Shorty

Eddage

DriftKaiser

Daft

[space]

Would love to but can't :(

I'm around the rest of the week though, so that would be cool if any other runs will be taking place then!

Sheikah

Shorty

Eddage

DriftKaiser

Daft

[space]

Sorry guys. Really need to do normal mode

@Sheikah @Eddage @Daft @DriftKaiser be up for running through Normal mode first? It will easily take <1 hour and I'd still like the Swordbreaker. Then @Deathjam might be up for joining?

If not, fwiw I won't be doing Deathsinger/Crota on HM more than once because I'm after the Swordbreaker more than the Crux.

Exotic chances are the same if you do Normal + HM, there will just be slightly smaller chances to land things like Abyss Defiant, Fang etc..

Edited by Shorty

Run normal up to Deathsinger, checkpoint it on another character and then start the two hard runs from the Deathsinger? The checkpoint use to carry over from Normal to Hard, I didn't see anything about that changing. Doesn't work from hard to normal, though.