NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Anyone got an idea on what weapons would be ideal to max out for the raid? My hawk moon is currently maxed as is my sword breaker. Currently working on ir yut and blackhammer but have run out of radiant energy

Edit: not showing off, just really wanna know where to focus.

Put me down for hard mode on Saturday! Both my hunter and warlock are level 32 now.

Anyone got an idea on what weapons would be ideal to max out for the raid? My hawk moon is currently maxed as is my sword breaker. Currently working on ir yut and blackhammer but have run out of radiant energy

Edit: not showing off, just really wanna know where to focus.

Almost a cert for maxing out...

Icebreaker

Gjallahorn

Light of the Abyss

Also potentially useful, the MIDA Multi-Tool (for the maze, that thing gives you like +4 agility). I have a feeling this might be a bit of a dark horse for this raid. Also, Super Good Advice - I think we'll be seeing the oversoul; a lot more - potentially every time a Gatekeeper is downed during the bridge crossing - so SGA retunred-bullet perk is going to be pretty useful for the oversoul.

I don't see Black Hammer being especially useful for the raid (amazing in strikes), nor Song of Ir Yut since it's a piece of shit and there are MUCH better heavy machine guns around. The raid refuses to give me Hunger of Crota so I couldn't comment on that but if I need a rocket launcher I'm summoning Gjallahorn.

Swordbreaker might be useful but I'd take LotA over it every time just to keep out of range from those sword swings.

Icebreaker

Gjallahorn

Light of the Abyss

Also potentially useful, the MIDA Multi-Tool (for the maze, that thing gives you like +4 agility). I have a feeling this might be a bit of a dark horse for this raid. Also, Super Good Advice - I think we'll be seeing the oversoul; a lot more - potentially every time a Gatekeeper is downed during the bridge crossing - so SGA retunred-bullet perk is going to be pretty useful for the oversoul.

I don't see Black Hammer being especially useful for the raid (amazing in strikes), nor Song of Ir Yut since it's a piece of shit and there are MUCH better heavy machine guns around. The raid refuses to give me Hunger of Crota so I couldn't comment on that but if I need a rocket launcher I'm summoning Gjallahorn.

Swordbreaker might be useful but I'd take LotA over it every time just to keep out of range from those sword swings.

Hmmm knew I should of bought a new icebreaker.

Problem with heavy exotics is switching from your primary exotic causes you to lose ammo. Really frustrating that. Thanks for the advice though. SGA is a weird one but I see your point on that. Hunger and LotA have eluded me so far

I am going to set up a date for Crota's Raid on hard mode, let's say Saturday at 8PM as that removes most people's work commitments. I think we might really need L32s given we'll be a level behind anyway. Luckily tonight I'll be L32. :)

Anyone's free to signup (bring your alts if you main is in another group), L32s definitely preferable but let's see how it goes:

[sheikah]

[free]

[free]

[free]

[free]

[free]

@Zell @Map @Shorty @Eddage @Deathjam @Daft @DriftKaiser @Dan_Dare

I'd be up for this if there is still space, my Titan is level 32.

Also potentially useful, the MIDA Multi-Tool (for the maze, that thing gives you like +4 agility).

I'm not sure this is as useful as you think. It would be better if you were taking out thrall with a firefly/explosive rounds weapon, and getting to the lamps at the same time as everyone else rather than starting the counter early. Also you have to drop all your defence to do this technique and all it does is make you slightly less slow at 10 weight (doesn't allow full sprint) </controversial>

I'll sign up for now but that's tentative as I'm supposed to be going out sometime this Saturday

Edit: Max I can reach is 31 :(

I think with the raid being L33 you might struggle a bit with L31 (there'll be a minimum of 40% reduction on damage you'll deal and you'll also take a lot more damage). I'm remembering back to the early VoG Hard days and L29s had a bit of a struggle but could sort of manage, while L28s who were 2 levels below didn't do too much. Given you're not sure you'll be free too, would you mind giving your spot to the next L32 player? Sorry to ask, feel a bit of a dick tbh. :p

I would also be up for Hard Mode @Sheikah, if there's still a space! Reached L32 with my Titan last week.

It might be worth compiling a list of all of our characters and their levels, since we might have enough L32s for two Raid groups?

I currently have a L32 Titan and L31 Warlock (probably too low for Hard Mode, but would be willing to run Normal Mode at some point too).

I think with the raid being L33 you might struggle a bit with L31 (there'll be a minimum of 40% reduction on damage you'll deal and you'll also take a lot more damage). I'm remembering back to the early VoG Hard days and L29s had a bit of a struggle but could sort of manage, while L28s who were 2 levels below didn't do too much. Given you're not sure you'll be free too, would you mind giving your spot to the next L32 player? Sorry to ask, feel a bit of a dick tbh. :p

Sigh, guess it can't be helped. Sure.,

Icebreaker

Gjallahorn

Light of the Abyss

Yeah seeing the oversoul a lot more seems very likely, especially with the raid helmet perk making you do more damage during the oversoul and the harness making you reload quicker during it.

To anyone that has Hunger of Crota, is indeed great as it downs any kind of swordbearer very quickly, while also having the added benefit of being a bit like Gjallahorn while also letting you equip Ice Breaker or the like.

Sigh, guess it can't be helped. Sure.,

I'll tell you what, next thing I set up I'll give you first refusal on a spot. :)

Edit: this filled up super quickly...

This Saturday, 8PM. Hard Crota.

Sheikah

@Dan Dare

@Shorty

@Daft

Eric

@Eddage

Sorry to @Map and @Zell who just missed out (and of course to Deathjam). If there's any dropouts I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

Sorry to @Map and @Zell who just missed out (and of course to Deathjam). If there's any dropouts I'll be sure to let you guys know.

No problem, everyone's response was super quick, you have to be fast to get a raid slot round here! :)

Seeing as a few of us have missed out, shall we set up another hard mode raid for either Friday or Saturday, depending on what suits everyone.

@Zell

@Deathjam

@DriftKaiser

@MilaGi

@ReZourceman

And anyone else who may be level 32 by the weekend, let me know if your interested, if there is still space people's alts are welcome also.

Couldn't do the Hard Mode on this Sat as I'm forever always working on every Sats.

If your guardian is a Voidwalker Warlock, using Bad Juju + Obsidian Mind in the maze will help you spamming Nova Bomb alot and Bad Juju will almost never run out of ammos every time you kill a thrall.

No problem, everyone's response was super quick, you have to be fast to get a raid slot round here! :)

Seeing as a few of us have missed out, shall we set up another hard mode raid for either Friday or Saturday, depending on what suits everyone.

@Zell

@Deathjam

@DriftKaiser

@MilaGi

@ReZourceman

And anyone else who may be level 32 by the weekend, let me know if your interested, if there is still space people's alts are welcome also.

I'm hoping to be level 32 by the weekend so I'd be interested :)

Hmmm knew I should of bought a new icebreaker.

Problem with heavy exotics is switching from your primary exotic causes you to lose ammo. Really frustrating that. Thanks for the advice though. SGA is a weird one but I see your point on that. Hunger and LotA have eluded me so far

Luckily I have an Against All Odds heavy machine gun with the field scout roll so it only ever loses 1 single bullet to the heavy ammo glitch.

I'm not sure this is as useful as you think. It would be better if you were taking out thrall with a firefly/explosive rounds weapon, and getting to the lamps at the same time as everyone else rather than starting the counter early. Also you have to drop all your defence to do this technique and all it does is make you slightly less slow at 10 weight (doesn't allow full sprint) </controversial>

I run MIDA at the moment because it make the first bit a joke. It means I can run out to a lamp first and with plenty of time turn around and provide cover for everyone being chased by the thralls - which is definitely its biggest benefit. It's really easy to save everyone else the hassle of turning around themselves and getting disoriented, especially stragglers. It also makes it easy to get onto either rock at the end and you only stop sprinting at x10 Darkness, it's not about what you're like when you finally reach x10.

Also, you don't need high defences when you've got overshields. Hell, you don't need high defences at all, they're thralls.

And I only say potentially because it requires that strategy to be properly useful and we have no idea what HM involves.

Reached level 25 yesterday after a few hours, what sort of levels are people looking at for raids (minus the hard ones) that i could possibly join in with?

Well, you'd need to be at least 28 to run VoG Normal but I doubt anyone here wants to do that now unfortunately as the rewards are a bit slim, you'd have to get a PuG through Destiny LFG.

Best to earn yourself Vanguard Rank/Marks and Crucible Rank/Marks to buy yourself the gear you need to get to level 30, then you can do Hard Mode VoG and normal mode Crota.

That's my bad juju full upgraded now. Now I'm focusing on Midas MultiTool for the agility and radar aspects. (: the

Well, you'd need to be at least 28 to run VoG Normal but I doubt anyone here wants to do that now unfortunately as the rewards are a bit slim, you'd have to get a PuG through Destiny LFG.

Best to earn yourself Vanguard Rank/Marks and Crucible Rank/Marks to buy yourself the gear you need to get to level 30, then you can do Hard Mode VoG and normal mode Crota.

I got myself aligned with a faction which i'm levelling up through to get some new stuff that way, i take it they only use Crucible points and i can still level up using the points i get for the Vanguard stuff (or is it all points go on the faction regardless of alignment)

Anyone fancy doing a raid today before the reset? I am in need of all shards and energies ant have 2 lvl31 hunters to raid with!

@Zell

@Deathjam

@DriftKaiser

@MilaGi

@ReZourceman

I'll join in this one. Perhaps arrange this for Friday so @DriftKaiser can get involved?

One space this evening at 7.30 for some unorthodox Hard Mode Atheon bashing. There'll be one exotic-chest opportunity, followed by sneaking through the gorgon maze, beating the Gatekeeper and Atheon, then jumping back in to do Atheon a second time with alts. No Templar.

Anyone up for that?

Edit: All gone!

Edited by Shorty

Two spaces this evening at 7.30 for some unorthodox Hard Mode Atheon bashing. There'll be one exotic-chest opportunity, followed by sneaking through the gorgon maze, beating the Gatekeeper and Atheon, then jumping back in to do Atheon a second time with alts. No Templar.

Anyone up for that?

Never done VoG but will join if ok with you guys.

Yep it's ok. You can't get Radiant Materials but you'll be getting 3 chances at an exotic, maybe the Timebreaker or raid ship.

Two spaces this evening at 7.30 for some unorthodox Hard Mode Atheon bashing. There'll be one exotic-chest opportunity, followed by sneaking through the gorgon maze, beating the Gatekeeper and Atheon, then jumping back in to do Atheon a second time with alts. No Templar.

Anyone up for that?

Sure, I'll join in. After playing some Iron Banner yesterday, the Vex Mythoclast still seems like a ridiculously good gun for PvP so I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one.

Is there any way to cycle the Exotic chest with alts like you can with the Crota's End chest?