NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Just got another legendary helmet engram, here's hoping for a hunter helmet to complete a set...

BOOM

Helmet get!

Edited by Eddage

So apparently you can reach level 30 with the expansion without venturing to the Vault of Glass.

Because of this, I grabbed the Vanguard Gauntlet so I should be level 30 within next 24 hours. :) Also the Exotic Weapon Bounties will now give you 331 damaged version this time.

It's a pretty fucking weak excuse for new missions. They're actually all great but only three of them?

I also love the two new strikes. Even if the Vex one is copy and paste in reverse, it's a lot of fun and I like the boss too.

These missions are what the Queen's Bounty should have been. Not the expansion. I loved it but in no time at all it looks like it's just turned into a Raid to replace the Vault of Glass. And maybe that's enough. I dunno.

That's the annoying thing about Destiny; it's all awesome, there just isn't a lot of it. And honestly, this would be way less of a problem if it had an AI Director like Left 4 Dead.

Yeah Destiny would really benefit from some kind of Diablo/L4D mix, where you could go into parts of the map, or even generated maps, and the fights are different each time. There could be chests at the end, random events. It would really boost the endgame. It might come, one day.

Reminder

Crota's End raid tonight @ 8:30PM

Sheikah - L30

@Daft - L30

Eric - L29

@Zell - L29

@Shorty - L30

Dan Dare - L30

Repeat sessions same time Thursday and Friday, as needed.

I feel we might not be able to do until at least one of us is L31, as I've heard that's necessary for some part or other.

Edited by Sheikah

Reminder

Crota's End raid tonight @ 8:30PM

Sheikah - L30

@Daft - L30

Eric - L29

@Zell - L29

@Shorty - L30

Dan Dare - L30

Repeat sessions same time Thursday and Friday, as needed.

I feel we might not be able to do until at least one of us is L31, as I've heard that's necessary for some part or other.

No longer a 29, joined the 30 club yesterday!

Well done both of you!

@Sheikah, stop reading about the raid! :p Also, I'm not available Friday which I did mention at the start.

Well done both of you!

@Sheikah, stop reading about the raid! :p Also, I'm not available Friday which I did mention at the start.

I've not read anything about it other than it's meant to be extremely difficult without one L31. But we'll see.

So that big load of work that was supposed to hit yesterday/today in fact got divided up between more people than originally planned. So basically I will be free much earlier than half 8 today (prob more like half 7) so if everyone happened to be around a bit earlier we could start early. No worries if not though.

The new raid is pretty darn amazing, although tricky in places. @Zell @Daft @Shorty are you guys able to carry on again tonight, say from 8PM?

I may be a tad late, depends on what time I get back from work. Will let you guys know if I'm going to be later.

Yeah, I'm good for 8.

Edit: I hit level 31.

Edited by Daft

The new raid was spectacular. It's really, really intense. Much more so than VoG. It was really fun working everything out last night too - felt like we had the tactics down we just struggled with the execution. Tonight's our night though! Bring on Crota :)

Thanks again for the raid (we got pretty far) and sorry @Zell that your internet was spacking. I got the raid boots (Light 36) which have the heavy ammo capacity and also make you run faster while holding swords. Nice!

I got shards. And suddenly I realise I'm getting tired of this dance. Don't think I'll be chasing 32. I'll just jump up when House of Wolves hits.

Well, that's RNG isn't it. You got Gjallahorn and Vex mythoclast from Atheon where I only ever got Timekeepers. I think if you'd gotten something from the bridge yesterday you'd probably be singing a different song. That said, you seem to have burned the candle at both ends with this game!

@Zell I feel really bad for asking you to try disconnecting - but if you could've seen it from our end... as soon as you would join or start disconnecting, enemies would rubber-band around, the gatekeeper's health would drop to nothing then go back up thus killing us. The last time you came on we had just got five people over and I was worried it was going to wipe again once the enemies started vanishing and reappearing behind us. It was also impossible to hear you from then on, like you were on a mobile and driving through a tunnel.

If you could figure out the cause it would be great for you to team up with us again. I know I went on about it but I work on the web and it seemed like your bandwidth and ping were being crushed as opposed to port/NAT issues. Either someone using up your connection (HD video streaming?) or your ISP capping you.

Again, really sorry!

Edited by Shorty

Thanks again for the raid (we got pretty far) and sorry @Zell that your internet was spacking. I got the raid boots (Light 36) which have the heavy ammo capacity and also make you run faster while holding swords. Nice!

Well, that's RNG isn't it. You got Gjallahorn and Vex mythoclast from Atheon where I only ever got Timekeepers. I think if you'd gotten something from the bridge yesterday you'd probably be singing a different song. That said, you seem to have burned the candle at both ends with this game!

@Zell I feel really bad for asking you to try disconnecting - but if you could've seen it from our end... as soon as you would join or start disconnecting, enemies would rubber-band around, the gatekeeper's health would drop to nothing then go back up thus killing us. The last time you came on we had just got five people over and I was worried it was going to wipe again once the enemies started vanishing and reappearing behind us. It was also impossible to hear you from then on, like you were on a mobile and driving through a tunnel.

If you could figure out the cause it would be great for you to team up with us again. I know I went on about it but I work on the web and it seemed like your bandwidth and ping were being crushed as opposed to port/NAT issues. Either someone using up your connection (HD video streaming?) or your ISP capping you.

Again, really sorry!

No need to apologise. I understand completely that my shoddy connection was ruining the game for everyone else. I think I tried to send a message over PSN at one point for you guys to find someone else, but I'm not sure it got through.

95% of the time my connection is fine, but there have been occasions where it has just suddenly dropped off a cliff. My router is rubbish and usually resetting fixes the issues but it didn't tonight. I kept rejoining the game thinking, hoping, praying that it would work because I desperately wanted to keep playing. In the end, I realised I was just becoming a nuisance.

I think ISP throttling may be the issue, and because my broadband speed isn't that great to begin with there isn't a great deal I can do. :/ I'm hoping that last night will be an uncommon occurrence - after all I've done Raids before without connection issues, but at the same time I don't want to become a burden if I suddenly drop out mid-Raid.

I'm moving to London in January and will make damn sure to get super-duper-turbocharged broadband.

Would anyone like to nightfall tonight? Say around 8:00 - 8:15? @Zell @Map @lostmario or whoever is welcome to join.

I will be around tonight and would be happy to try the Nightfall.

Wahey, so shall we say 8:00 PM (possibly 8:15 PM if people can't make it that soon?)

Had a terrible night on Destiny last night, but big thanks to @MilaGi who basically acted as my medic reviving me. Couldn't use the TV so use my Vita and remote play to attempt the level 30 daily and the Weekly....remote play was just so laggy last night for me i'd be shot to shit before i could react properly

I think I'll just use my vita for doing patrols if the connection appears bad.....i think its Christmas light interfering, its the only thing different in my house, lots and lots of new loops of electrical current on the walls, tree etc

Xur shiz:

xur-inven.png

For sale:

Ruin Wings (Titan DLC Gauntlets) – 13 Strange Coins

Achylophase Symbiote (Hunter Helmet) – 13 Strange Coins

Voidfang Vestments (Warlock Chest Armor) – 13 Strange Coins

Truth (Rocket Launcher) – 17 Strange Coins

Exotic Shard – 7 Strange Coins

Exotic Helmet Engram – 23 Motes of Light

Exotics that can be upgraded:

Mask of the Third Man

Young Ahamkara’s Spine

The Armamentarium

No Backup Plans

Light Beyond Nemesis

Sunbreakers

Suros Regime

Red Death

The Last Word

Thorn

Icebreaker

Thunderlord

TL;DR version: Upgrade your ice breakers, motherfuckers.

Edit: But only after we do nightfall. :p

Edited by Sheikah

FUCKING VOIDFANG AGAIN?! Seriously, why would I upgrade my Voidfang when I can just buy the better version and spend less glimmer? I'll wait until he inevitably sells Sunbreakers next week.

And the Sunbreaker roll on intellect is awful. It's worse than my current awful roll. And Truth?

I'm getting real tired of this shit.