NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Anybody fancy doing the nightfall/weekly tonight or tomorrow?

Tried to do nightfall on my own a couple of times but keep making stupid mistakes and don't have the patience :heh:

That raid last night...

All Eric needed to hit lvl 30 was a chest piece. Or a helmet.

All he got were shards and energy.

I - needing nothing - got THREE chest pieces and the helmet.

FFS Bungie.

Last night I got -

The boots (which I didn't have; had the iron banner ones for L30 but the raid ones are better)

Corrective measure (raid machine gun)

Found verdict (shotgun, got loads of these...)

Another Vex Mythoclast (yay...?)

Two raid helmets (already have one but got a better stat one)

All in all a decent haul but not the fatebringer...

I got Ascendant Energies from 1.5 raids and nothing else. I guess I needed Ascendant Energies. I guess.

The Dark Below Preview

The Dark Below releases on December 9th, 2014. This new content will expand the world of Destiny for some players. It will also change the experience of playing Destiny for all. To support the updates that will go live with the expansion, we have made changes to a number of systems that drive the game.

New Legendary Gear

• Existing Legendary gear on display in the Tower will be replaced
  • New Legendary gear will feature higher Attack and Defense values
  • Legendary items will still require Ascendant Materials for upgrades
  • This new, more powerful gear will be available to all players of Destiny
  • Legendary gear will not be as powerful as new Raid gear or Exotics

New Rank Commendations

In addition to Crucible or Vanguard Marks, purchasing new Legendary items will require a Crucible or Vanguard Commendation

Commendations are received in Reputation Reward Packages delivered by the Postmaster upon reaching a new Reputation Level

crucible_commendation.png

vanguard_commendation.png

Exotic Talent Changes

As part of the December 1st Destiny Update, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials for upgrades

The final power node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard

This new material is obtained by one of the following means:

• Dismantling unwanted Exotics
  • Purchased from Xûr for 7 Strange Coins

exotic_shard.png

New Exotic Upgrading

• Exotic Gear in The Dark Below will have higher Attack and Defense values than current Exotic Gear. For players and their current caches of Exotics, a path will exist to bring them forward into The Dark Below.
  • Starting December 9th, Xûr will offer players the opportunity to upgrade Exotics to the higher Attack and Defense values
  • Upgrading an Exotic in this way will require an Exotic Shard
  • The upgrade will reset the progression invested into the item
  • Each week, Xûr will possess a selection of upgrades for existing Exotics in his inventory

xur_upgrades.jpg

Crucible (PvP) Changes

• Expansion I will include two new exclusive competitive playlists
  • New Crucible arenas (Pantheon, Skyshock, and The Cauldron) will be featured in map rotation
  • Playlists available in the Director will change week over week
  • Experiences will alternate between 12 and 6 player engagements
  • Map rotation will alternate between focusing solely on new expansion arenas and including original launch maps in the mix

Crucible.jpg

Heroics and Nightfall (PvE) Changes

With the Light level increase to 32, Heroics and Nightfalls will be increased by 2 Light levels to keep up with new content, level increases, and gear items

New Raid: Crota's End

• The new Raid, Crota's End, will unlock on December 9th
  • Players at Light level 30 can lead a Fireteam immediately upon release
  • The reward system in Crota's End will address some issues reported in the Vault of Glass:
  • Raid loot in Crota's End will drop at a higher rate
  • New Raid gear will contain a wider variety of potential perks
  • Weapons and Gear from Crota's End will not require Ascendant materials for upgrades
  • Radiant Shards and Radiant Energy acquired in the Raid will be used to upgrade new Raid gear
  • Unwanted weapons and gear from Crota's End will dismantle into Radiant materials
  • Primary weapons will only drop in the harder version of Crota's End, released sometime in January

We are hopeful about the changes we're making to the way Raid loot works. We look forward to watching the streamers attempt to become the world first to complete the new Raid. Good luck!

Source

So...how is everyone feeling about Tuesday?

Don't mind the fact that we have to redoing the exotic gears' perks to increase the damages and such.

Oh I finally got the helm but no gauntlet. Might grab an exotic gauntlet from Xur someday after the Expansion arrived! I'm up for Tue!

I think redoing the exotics is dumb, tbh. I'm not that annoyed but at the very least I'd like the gun to change a bit, like if I'm upgrading my Icebreaker I'd like it to be a v2.0 Icebreaker. That idea really plays in to making the weapon a character as much as the Guardian and I'd fall for that con, too.

Also, the fact you can upgrade an exotic whether it is maxed out or not is fucking annoying. It's essentially letting people cut in line. I've maxed out almost all my exotics, I'm not doing that again. Especially considering you can only level one at a time.

I'm really disappointed that legendary weapons are being left behind, too. Especially my Raid weapons, my Vision of Confluence. In my mind, that gun is on the level of any exotic. Same goes for my Raid armour. I love my Raid helmet. It has the perfect roll and I love its Inverse Shadow perk - but soon it's going to be redundant and all level 32s are going to look the same again.

I don't think this has been handled well at all, tbh. There's been minimal thought given to legacy. And it's really frustrating.

Actually can't believe Bungie thought having to re-level exotics was an even remotely acceptable idea. Or making every other fucking gun in the game that isn't exotic UTTERLY pointless for post lvl 30 content. If I'm a Guardian, becoming a Legend, like Dregen Yor, I should be able to choose any tool I want and make it part of my story as I see fit.

TLW - I'm less annoyed about having to re-level stuff (although seriously fuck cutting in line for re-rolling fresh Exotics), I'm more annoyed about having to leave gear behind.

Had fun with the Hard Raid Tuesday night. There was something refreshing about actually having to figure out how to do parts of the Raid, as opposed to "just doing it" like you would on Normal mode.

Thanks to the group for being a patient with me, I was very tired and it was my first time doing Hard without cheese. Thanks also to Daft for teaching me how to double jump properly! :blush:

Group 2:

@kav82 @MilaGi @Eddage @Map @Agent Gibbs

A really decent Raid last night. Map obviously needs a bit of lady luck on his side next time. Shall we organise another one? This Wednesday at 20:00?

Group 3

@kav82 @lostmario @Eddage @Ganepark32 @Zell

We need to organse a Raid for you guys. How about Sunday in the afternoon?

@kav82 @lostmario - Shall we do the weeklies tomorrow? Let's say around 20:00?

No worries. Will come try and arrange an alternative date later.

If people in Grp 3 give me an indication when they are most likely to be available then that would be great

I'm available tonight, Friday night, Sunday and Monday night.

Okay, RAID TWO (as it shall now be known) is still on and happening tonight and it looks like everyone is in.

RAID ONE (yesterday's) is on hold until we find a time that suits everyone. What's good for everyone? Monday night? Pre-The Dark Below raid-off?

Monday night would be fine for me, but Sunday would be more ideal since I won't have to worry about getting home from work in time.

Hoping to get something good from Atheon since I only got Shards and Energies on Tuesday.

Ha! I think that was the first time we all did Hard without cheesing. I had a fuck-tonne of fun working out how to do it again. Sneaking around at the back lone-wolfing at the back was awesome. Destiny at its best.

Everyone in for Sunday?

Me

Eric

@DriftKaiser

@Zell

@Shorty

AlanPartridge

What time? I wouldn't mind getting going early, like 11am. Sound good?

Edited by Daft

Shall we setup a playlist for the new raid (Crota's end) next Tuesday?

I might be a little busy at work so might not be back until a little later, so I'll say 8:45PM (we can always continue the next night at same time if we don't get far enough). Not sure we'd do it all in on night anyway without knowing what to do!

Not sure if L30 is a requirement or not (the wording up there suggests at least the leader might have to be).

Anyway:

Crota's End Wednesday 9th Dec 8:30PM

Sheikah

Daft

Eric

Zell

Shorty

Dan Dare

Edited by Sheikah

@Sheikah: Not sure if I can do Tues, I'll get back to you. Really want to because I want to go in without anyone knowing anything.

@Daft: Definitely can't do anything this Sunday, except possibly 8.30pm onwards. Otherwise I'm only free Thu/Fri/Mon.

Edited by Shorty

I might be a little busy at work so might not be back until a little later, so I'll say 8:45PM (we can always continue the next night at same time if we don't get far enough). Not sure we'd do it all in on night anyway without knowing what to do!

Not sure if L30 is a requirement or not (the wording up there suggests at least the leader might have to be).

Anyway:

Crota's End Tuesday 9th Dec 8:45PM

Sheikah

[slot 2]

[slot 3]

[slot 4]

[slot 5]

[slot 6]

Put me and Eric down for that, too. Hive got things to kill.

@Sheikah: Not sure if I can do Tues, I'll get back to you. Really want to because I want to go in without anyone knowing anything.

@Daft: Definitely can't do anything this Sunday, except possibly 8.30pm onwards. Otherwise I'm only free Thu/Fri/Mon.

How about Friday night?

I'm not sure we'll be able to get everyone at the same time again.

Group 2 and Group 3 i've not forgotten about you.

Group 2: @kav82 @MilaGi @Eddage @Map @Agent Gibbs

The plan is to do Vault of Glass Sunday night at 19:00 again. This should be the last time we do this Raid as default. From Sunday we will do Crota's End as the default raid. For those in this group that still wish to do the Vault of Glass Raid we can arrange subsequent Raids subject to interest.

As we get good at the Crota's End Raid, there is nothing stopping us then doing the Vault of Glass one immediately after. I think we should attempt it at the hard difficulty setting.

Having said that I believe we have already arranged a first Crota End Raid. It is due to take place on Sunday 14 December I will suggest we start at 14:00 with a break possibly at tea time (if it's looking like a long one).

I ASK EVERY MEMBER OF THIS GROUP TO RESIST LOOKING UP STRATEGIES , TIPS , TRICKS AND READING ABOUT IT GENERALLY The reason being is that it's fun working together trying to figure out what to do.

Group 3:@kav82 @lostmario @Eddage @Zell @Ganepark32

I want get things moving with this. Those of you that have yet to post their general availability, please do.

I think we should do a Vault of Glass Raid sometime next week with the possibilty of also Crota's End.

Can you also ask Dan (that is, if he's recovered from gastroenteritis/dysentery).

Dan and Shorty seem busy and 8:45 is a little late to start a new Raid. I reckon we should start Wednesday at 7pm.

We can give it a good whack. also, it might be best to play some of the new missions before because they contain a lot of the Raid mechanics. And the story apparently.

So Wednesday from 7PM, I reckon.

I can do a different day but there's not a chance I can manage 7PM next week. As I say, it's unlikely we're going to finish it in one go anyway because it's a totally new raid where we don't know what we're doing (and it's L30), so I wouldn't mind handling more sessions if need be but with slightly later start times.

We could start Wednesday 8:30, then just repeat that time on later days when people are free. I reckon 2-3 sessions and we'll probably have conquered it.

8:30 shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: This is how old Exotics should be upgraded.

sZfX3c9.gif

Edited by Daft

Anyway:

Crota's End Tuesday 9th Dec 8:45PM

Sheikah

Daft

Eric

[slot 4]

[slot 5]

[slot 6]

Put me down for one of the slots please!

Cool, that's the lot

Crota's End Wednesday 9th Dec 8:30PM

Sheikah - L30

Daft - L30

Eric - L29

Zell - L29

Shorty - L30

Dan Dare - L30

Repeat sessions same time Thursday and Friday, as needed.

The plan is to do Vault of Glass Sunday night at 19:00 again. This should be the last time we do this Raid as default. From Sunday we will do Crota's End as the default raid. For those in this group that still wish to do the Vault of Glass Raid we can arrange subsequent Raids subject to interest.

As we get good at the Crota's End Raid, there is nothing stopping us then doing the Vault of Glass one immediately after. I think we should attempt it at the hard difficulty setting.

Having said that I believe we have already arranged a first Crota End Raid. It is due to take place on Sunday 14 December I will suggest we start at 14:00 with a break possibly at tea time (if it's looking like a long one).

I ASK EVERY MEMBER OF THIS GROUP TO RESIST LOOKING UP STRATEGIES , TIPS , TRICKS AND READING ABOUT IT GENERALLY The reason being is that it's fun working together trying to figure out what to do.

Sounds good to me! Cheers for organising all this Blade

Are we going to chance a hard mode raid then this Sunday? or just try and organise a hard mode run post Crota's End's release?

Really not sure what to think of the changes to all the weapons. So all the legendary weapons I have spent shit loads of energies on are effectively going to be replaced by better ones that can be obtained?

I suppose if they sort out drops it might be better. If you don't have any armour that needs upgrading but have 6 weapons that do then it really shouldn't keep giving you shit loads of shards and no energies. Or at least let you trade shards in for energies and vice verca.

Group 3:@kav82 @lostmario @Eddage @Zell @Ganepark32

I want get things moving with this. Those of you that have yet to post their general availability, please do.

I think we should do a Vault of Glass Raid sometime next week with the possibilty of also Crota's End.

This week I can do any day, next week I can do Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (may be too hungover to be any good), Friday and Sunday (again, may be too hungover to be any good).

Edited by Eddage

Both dates are fine with me, looking forward to doing Crotas End but happy to still do the Vault of Glass as well in future. Again, cheers to @Blade for getting this organised.

Repeat sessions same time Thursday and Friday, as needed.

I can't do Friday next week but I'll probably be free over the weekend.