NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Yeah, I definitely want to Raid again. Eventually do it on hard, too.

We will probably need to do it more than once to get raid gear for L30, unless you're guaranteed to get it all in one run (don't think you are).

Brilliant and so true on many levels. :bowdown:

"...as everyone bitches and moans about a game we can't stop playing."
"I have no idea why I'm still playing this"

This is me all over. :D

Suprisingly honest and accurate trailer.....and yet i'm gonna be on all day tomorrow again, loot farming hoping to get some legendary armour or hit rank 2 of something so i can buy it....when i write that down it sounds terrible...but its just addictive and fun and i have no idea why!

one thing i would love though is more emoticon/animation/actions! good lord i had two terrible strikes today, 1 some idiot stayed in the battle between the vex and fallen on Venus while the rest of us went to fight something above lvl9....when he did join us he sat outside the spawn point and took a facefull of shotgun by the captain every damn wave then quit when we stopped reviving him...the other guy was equally as shit....could do with a shrug or wtf emotion or a god damn come here action, pointing and dancing doesn't help

the second one was equally as bad, straight away one guy exited the level, then we kept getting raped by wizzards, eventually me and 2player got in sync and took all the hive down and the giant ogre better than some threee man teams i've been on

@Sheikah @Daft @lostmario @Blade @Dan_Dare don't forget, Raid tonight! Aim to be on between 5-5.30 which is when Dan hopes to be home and online for. I'm pretty confident we can finish it in good time.

Take a look at the plan, you don't need to remember all the teams or anything, just learn what you're doing and when.

See you in a few!

Cool beans, just so I'm clear this isn't the last boss, right? I've had a good few hours practice on the last boss (Atheon) and some of the steps in the plan sound familiar (I think some of the things you need to do to beat an earlier boss might be repeated). Can share some ideas on the last boss later.

Edit: Due to the Manchester to London train being half an hour delayed I'll now be on at half 5.

Edited by Sheikah

I've just finished Raid with a bunch of randoms ( surprisingly there were also Geordies. What are the odds? :) ) that seen me in the tower and invited me. We went from start to finish and I nabbed me some legendary gauntlets, a bunch of energy that has allowed me to fully level up my exotic and some legendary white shader.

Well happy I finally got to experience the whole thing. :yay:

I've just finished Raid with a bunch of randoms ( surprisingly there were also Geordies. What are the odds? :) ) that seen me in the tower and invited me. We went from start to finish and I nabbed me some legendary gauntlets, a bunch of energy that has allowed me to fully level up my exotic and some legendary white shader.

Well happy I finally got to experience the whole thing. :yay:

You did better than us, who got wiped out time after time on the last boss and quit. Still, we get loads of stuff doing the earlier bosses so we can get gear to level up and be more prepared in future.

Yeah gutted we couldn't do it, I'm pretty impressed that we were able to work a lot of it out for ourselves and co-ordinate it, in that sense it was very successful.

Ultimately though we just weren't high enough level to survive and take down enemies quickly where we needed to.

Meet back here when we're level 29 guys :p

I was pretty lucky, along with having Gloves of the Hezen Lords drop for me after the Templar boss, I just had the Hezen Vengeance heavy rocket launcher drop. It's like the exotic Gjallarhorn (which I've already got) except not exotic, which is a massive plus.

Getting upgrade materials is becoming a bit of a drag. Even we my second character. I'm on the verge of lvl 29. I have 107 Light. Not sure what's going to push me up to lvl 29 first.

Yeah that was brutal last night. Felt extremely under powered for the last boss.

Still, good effort and I think we have the rest of the raid down really smooth. I say we don't just try and level up before we try again - let's do another run on Tuesday and ransack the earlier sections.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go and get a real fucking weapon that I've not had since level 22...

I think @kav82 wants to join in some raid fun.

@Hero\-of\-Time @Shorty have all said they're up for it. Tomorrow night?

I think @kav82 wants to join in some raid fun.

@Hero\-of\-Time @Shorty have all said they're up for it. Tomorrow night?

I'm good for whenever.

Some of the guys I played with were only level 27 but they had very good weapons. Being able to clear the mobs fast is what was key to the victory for us. We were taking care of the Oracles really fast and then getting back with 25 seconds left on the clock. This allowed us to do loads of damage to the boss, before teleporting back to where the Oracles are.

We were mostly getting wrecked by hobgoblins, I think it might be better if mostly titans go through.

I'm up for whenever but I'll take a back seat this time! Just @mention me with a time and place!

Edited by Shorty

I've taken a break from Destiny, havn't had a real session for a few days. Will be online either tonight or tomorrow night, get myself back in the game as it were.

I was talking with Dan about this last night, I think the game's biggest issue is that you end what little story you have so early, and then when you hit level 29 and 30, you just stop playing. Either you give up and get bored of going for 30, or you get there and then have nothing else to do. That means no matter how much you enjoyed the game for the first two thirds, your enjoyment will eventually drop off and your opinion of the whole experience will be shifted.

Most people won't stop playing after a big, exciting finale, but instead when their interest fades away, which is a bad reason to stop playing a game like this.

They should have some real endgame content (even if it's not the end) that unlocks at level 30 to make it worth getting there, and feels like the right time to stop playing.

The raid would fulfil that purpose, if you didn't need the raid to get to level 30 in the first place.

Edited by Shorty

Does playing any of the missions on hard increase your chances of getting some noice gear or is totally fecking random.

Had some decent games in the Crucible towards the end of last week (didn't really get a chance to play at the weekend bar a bit last night). Pretty much stuck to Control as I'm not liking the other modes much but playing Control on the Twilight Gap map is brilliant. Some open areas to allow for mid/longer range combat and then indoor areas for close combat stuff. Although they have nerfed the shotgun a bit, I was still rocking it while playing and ended up getting a 14 kill streak with it and some melee kills. Just caught short for going further but still was brilliant managing to keep my head that long and still help with capturing zones/stopping the other team capturing at the same time.

My load out of choice (Scout Rifle + Shotgun) doesn't really cross over or work well on many of the other maps for the mode though. I have a legendary sniper that I'm using but don't feel all that confident in taking it out for multiplayer and the pulse/auto rifles I have as alternate primary weapons are pretty poor. Really need some decent luck with rewards/engrams to get those upgraded to better stock.

Still, it's pretty much the drips and drabs of the multiplayer that's keeping me coming back. The lack of proper endgame content is a huge oversight on Bungie's part, as they must've seen that it would've been easy to both clear the story and level up quickly. Even the Queen's Wrath stuff has been awful. Would be nice if it added something when it's all done, like a new story mission. After all, the Queen/her lackey did say that when they needed you, you would be called in to fight for them. If they're condensing that simply into the bounties and the replaying of the missions then they've missed a trick as they could use that to build for a new mission that they give you to add a little something new.

Got so bored of doing the Queen's missions though that I've got like 12 or so of them stacked to be used. Probably just get wiped after tomorrow's reset with nothing to take it's place.

Did manage to get a strike going where one of the randoms was level 30. That fusion rifle he had just ripped through everything with ease.

Pretty sure engrams from mobs is a constant regardless of level so not in that sense, but the harder missions ( Daily and weekly heroics, plus high level strikes) do come with enhanced rewards in terms of end of level rewards, faction rep / tokens and a chance of legendary engrams.

Just managed to solo this weeks weekly strike! first time i've been able to do that, 5 retries (3 on the tank, 2 on the last boss)

Oh crap i got an exotic bounty afterwards with the conditions being to complete a weekly strike FML!!!

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Xur is selling the Icebreaker sniper for 17 coins. Everyone who hasn't got it should really invest in this awesome gun.

I know I shouldn't be bitter that my absolute favourite thing about this game just became a ridiculously common commodity, and will probably be the most owned exotic weapon in the game.

But I am :heh:

Bought that Icebreaker thanks for the recommendation @Hero\-of\-Time, we can be twins now @Shorty! won't that be fun? me you and everyone else! :p

Wasted 23 motes on that helmet engram, turned out to be for titan class when i'm warlock...guess its in the vault until i want a new character...should have been patient and waiting till a guaranteed class item was there...guess i'm back to farming coins during strikes