NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Cheers for the help @kav82, gonna get some bounties done when I get back! :grin:

Fancy some rounds later?

And apparantly, there is another loot cave in Old Russia. Some dude was streaming it earlier to show people where it is. It's in the Rocket Yard, near the Devils Lair. And you need to stand well back, near the blue steps to signal the spawning.

Edited by Jimbob

@Ganepark32 some people are just getting disconnected, they may not be dropping out, it could be the network boots them. This has happened to me a fair bit and was happening to @Blade last night too (usually doesn't happen to him at all), Bungie have confirmed there are issues and are "working on them to improve stability".

I love the Scout Rifles for the Strikes and other missions but prefer Auto Rifles for the Crucible.

I've currently got Legendary Scout, Fusion and Sniper Rifles and I've got an Exotic weapon Bounty for a Fusion Rifle too. Looking forward to visiting Xur!

Yeah had a bit of an iffy connection moment myself earlier this morning running the Winter Run Strike on Venus. The final boss was right in front of me and then there was a stutter and suddenly I was dead. In the stutter, he'd managed to get behind me and kill me :blank: So yeah suppose some were having network issues. Bit annoying though when you're in the middle of a boss battle. Hopefully they'll sort the network issues out soon.

Totally agreeing with you on the Scout Rifles for Strikes though. Was originally using Pulse Rifles but when I hit level 20, I got a Rare Scout Rifle and started using that as my main weapon and I'm loving it. Very good for crowd control on Strikes with relatively easily precision kills. Shame they're awful at close range but can still be deadly enough if you can get some off-the-hip shots on target.

But they're pretty useless for the Crucible, unless you're taking someone on who also has one or are with someone else as most are running Auto Rifles so you just get cut down. Have found myself scoring more kills with my Legendary shotgun than with the Scout Rifle, and even scoring more melee kills as well. Need to get me a decent Auto Rifle for that.

Ended up getting a Legendary engram drop running one of the Mars Strikes and took it to be decrypted only to get a Strange Coin. Oh well I thought, then I noticed that I'd levelled up the Cryptarch so another Legendary post. Got a Legendary and Rare engram and both decrypted to Strange Coins which meant I had 13 so decided to buy the Exotic chestplate from Xur, so first Exotic get! :yay: It's not got the best stats, only a little better than my Queen's Guard Plate and only has Intellect (which I suppose is good as it lowers my cooldown for Fist of Havoc), but it'll do for now. Also bought the Legendary boots from the Titan Vanguard so all I need now is are Legendary arms and I'm sorted until I have to upgrade them. Not far off of level 26 now though.

Well they've got around that one somewhat, by not really having much of a story in the first place. :p

Very true...it's incredible how both TitanFall and Destiny did such appalling jobs at any kind of story. The Grimoire stuff is crap sure it has lore but in terms of supporting a progressing story it's not up to scratch.

From what I've read online, I can get £38 trade in value for this at CEX.

Can't say I'll be playing it any more after finishing the "story"

Fancy some rounds later?

Possibly, but I won't be on till much much later if I can make it. I have mates round tonight, so I'm busy. Forgot it was Friday. :/

@Shorty if there's space, or a second group, I'd be up for it. Level 27 Hunter, RadKav82 is my PSN ID. Edited by Kav

Got my first piece of Legendary Armor today, @Sheikah invited me to do some Queens stuff. Thanks for that, was wondering why the enemies were so freaking hard.

1 more coin needed for that beautilcious exotic auto rifle...come on RNG.

That Auto Rifle is the dog's dangly bits! I didn't have enough so I went for the exotic Hunter's helmet. I'm fully kitted out in Legendary & Exotic armour now. Loving it! :yay:

Edited by Kav

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience. These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes 

Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.

Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics

Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items

Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes

Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards

Item Changes

Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade

Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest--even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already...

Finally!!!!

I may start playing it again once this patch hits.

What exactly does that last sentence mean?

Current Legendaries will be rare items after the patch...so will there be new and better Legendaries?

Well, unless they introduce a loot table, these changes won't do much for me.

Have done some PvP matches with the Hunter. It's fun. The class is very fast paced.

It has made me want Advanced Warfare even more :D

What exactly does that last sentence mean?

Current Legendaries will be rare items after the patch...so will there be new and better Legendaries?

Well, unless they introduce a loot table, these changes won't do much for me.

Have done some PvP matches with the Hunter. It's fun. The class is very fast paced.

It has made me want Advanced Warfare even more :D

They are saying use the legendary ones up now because they will instantly turn blue when the patch hits. This will stop people hoarding them until it does come out.

The last bit where they say it's probably blue anyway is just Bungie having a laugh and knowing that the community has kicked up a fuss about purples turning into blues.

Sounds like a decent patch at last, especially with the engrams giving out what they are meant to give out. I was getting a little fed-up decoding a legendary engram to get a green item, least that won't be the case from next week.

I hope they make purple engrams much rarer to match the 100% decode rate. Whilst it was very frustrating to get a lot of blues, if every purple I had got had been legendary it would've been too easy.

@kav82 yep thanks for signing up :)

Still need one more player for the raid next Tuesday 8pm, could really do with another Titan or Warlock!

Edited by Shorty

I hope they make purple engrams much rarer to match the 100% decode rate. Whilst it was very frustrating to get a lot of blues, if every purple I had got had been legendary it would've been too easy.

@kav82 yep thanks for signing up :)

Still need one more player for the raid next Tuesday 8pm, could really do with another Titan or Warlock!

Titan defender class, level 28, reporting for duty.

phew. ;D

Ok great, that makes 6.

Anyone done it already?

I don't really want to look it all up beforehand and spoil it, but... ideally we don't want it to take several sessions either because that would just get difficult to organise.

So as a middle ground, I'll probably be ready to look up little hints if we get totally stuck and die a few times without making progress.

Edited by Shorty

They are saying use the legendary ones up now because they will instantly turn blue when the patch hits. This will stop people hoarding them until it does come out.

I misread the patch notes. Somehow I interpreted it as: every Legendary Weapon/Armor you have will turn into blue ones.

Turns out it was just about engrams :p

I don't really want to look it all up beforehand and spoil it, but... ideally we don't want it to take several sessions either because that would just get difficult to organise.

If you don't look it up and don't coordinate perfectly you'll need several sessions (unless you play 10 hours straight).

A mate did it with a group. They didn't know anything and they had to do four 3 hour sessions.

Awesome session this morning, got a full set of rare armour taking me to lvl 21, a new rare primary weapon- a decent auto rifle, far better than the scout rifle I had before AND A LEGENDARY PRINARY WEAPON ENGRAM! Oh my God what can it fracking be? Either way it will surpass whatever I currently have let's decode this thing.....a mote of light

That patch can't come soon enough

If someone pulls out, let me know. Level 28 Hunter.

Had some sick-blud games this morning. Looking forward to getting more involved with you guys now I'm nearly/am worthy. I'm definitely, quite shit-ish when on my own, but absolutely competent when with you guys.

The three team modes are my favourites I think, all about dat-revive.

Dude you're totally worthy in PvP, showed us right up in terms of kill count.

Those matches were awesome though, wish I'd remembered to save some clips. Really goes to show the importance of team-chat and co-ordination.

Edited by Shorty

I'm currently lv 26 Titan but nearly lv 27. I'm wanting to play Raid.

Got a purple engram today and got an Exotic Rocket Launcher!

I'm currently lv 26 Titan but nearly lv 27. I'm wanting to play Raid.

Got a purple engram today and got an Exotic Rocket Launcher!

Just got a purple rocket launcher today, and a purple machine gun yesterday. And finished an exotic bounty for a machine gun today, too. Finally, got rank 3 in Vanguard and bought a legendary sniper rifle, although wanted a solar one...

Finally seems like my luck comes in!

I'm back in the game. I've been very busy in real life moving flat and I've had no access to my PS4 for over a week now. Desperate to get back into Destiny and join in with Raid. I'm only Level 23 at the moment, but hoping to get more hours down and push myself up to the 26-28 region by the end of the week.