NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

So it seems like the Queen's strikes are pretty good for accruing legendary gear that you can dismantle and get 2-3 ascendant shards from. I've been soloing them at L24, done 2 so far and got the same chest armour each time. Only downside is that I think you have to complete 1 queen's bounty in order to be able to complete one of these strikes to get gear. So you're pretty much able to get 5 per day, assuming you complete each bounty. Saying that, gmac got a legendary before when joining Shorty's game, so getting invited to games could maybe mean you have more chances of getting loot.

Late last night I decided to solo one of the Queen's assassination missions. I forgot just how long the mission was, and how it ended. After getting all the way to the end of the Black Garden mission with a K/D score of 190:0, that number quickly went to about 193:7 just fighting the boss. Thankfully there was an N-E clan member to hand, cheers @Sheikah for the save there :p

Finally managed to clear one of the Queen's missions earlier this morning. The one I tried yesterday just wasn't do able on my own (Was the one on Mars where you have to go and power up the eye thing for the Black Garden gate) given my current gear. Luckily, the one this morning turned out to be pretty straight forward, just redo the one on Venus where you kill Draksis. Got pretty much up to the bit where you storm the Ketch without dying but was panicking a bit at this area with the enemies and snipers so died a couple of times before switching in the sniper and taking it easy, picking off the enemies. After that, it was a straight walk to Draksis and down he went quickly.

Thought the bosses would scale with the difficult but apparently not as he was as easy as when on normal. Not complaining as it meant I managed to bag myself my first piece of Legendary armour, a chestpiece :yay: Would've preferred it to have had a Strength stat rather than Discipline but it'll do until I get my Vanguard level up and get a few more Marks to pick up some of that armour. Lots of bountying and patrolling will be happening tonight and then hopefully finally hit level 25. :D

Still got 5 Queen's missions left from yesterday. Think the bounties were bugged as I finished 2 yesterday morning and when I went on last night, they were available to do again so managed to complete 6 and still have 2 left to do :heh: Hopefully another couple of easy missions and some good gear will drop from that.

Managed to find a new ship in a random loot chest on the Moon last night. Wasn't even a golden chest, but gave me a Rare ship so was majorly pleased with that.

Have also picked the faction I've decided to align with, New Monarchy. Spent ages going back and forward between them all comparing stats and Future War Cult was out straight away as they don't have any Strength stats on items which I want for my Titan. And then it was a simple decision of wanting Intellect over Discipline, to reduce the cooldown on my super over cooldown on grenades. Will get to levelling that up once I've hit Vanguard level 2 (not bothering going beyond that as the weapons aren't a big deal).

I found a rare ship blueprint once. It looks identical to the one that comes in the Limited Edition. Which is annoying for a number of reasons.

I had a little luck myself tonight. After Blade left I was looking at my bounties and all I had left was to kill one more Hive Major or Ultra and to do 6 patrols on the moon, "2 birds with 1 stone" I thought... more like a whole flock!

I summoned my speeder and was whizzing along towards the first mission marker and saw a Dreg in my path hadn't noticed me, "he's getting mowed down" I said to myself. Boom! The poor guy goes flying. So I pick up the mission and turn around... hmm, that blue engram looks a little odd there on the floor... wait a sec... purple! That poor Dreg I mowed down dropped a purple! Awesome!

So I now have The Final Boss Sniper Rifle too.

I've got one of them in a session with @Sheikah the other day. It's a fine sniper rifle, which i've been using to clear a few bounties with (kill 20 enemies without taking damage, so i've been sniping them from afar). Managed to snag a Legendary Machine gun yesterday as well, which is pretty decent.

Hngggg. I can never get a legendary sniper rifle. :p

Or a legendary/exotic auto rifle, for that matter. Let's hope Xur delivers this weekend.

When are we gonna get a Raid started? The plan to start it last night all fell through. :(

I suppose the longer we wait the more powered up people will be.

I have Legendaries coming out my butt. Just reached lvl 27, too.

I am a Sunsinger. What use is flash and bone against the power of a star. All praise the sun.

I have Legendaries coming out my butt. Just reached lvl 27, too.

I am a Sunsinger. What use is flash and bone against the power of a star. All praise the sun.

Do you work, Daft? In fact this question goes out to a bunch of people on my friends list. I'm sitting here at work like a chump while there seems to be a host of people playing the game most of the day on a daily basis. @lostmario your brother has been on the thing since half 8 this morning!

Just hit level 28.

I'm so done. I feel like a drug addict.

Do you work, Daft? In fact this question goes out to a bunch of people on my friends list. I'm sitting here at work like a chump while there seems to be a host of people playing the game most of the day on a daily basis. @lostmario your brother has been on the thing since half 8 this morning!

I work freelance and I'm currently on some downtime (which I should be using to actually write) and when I'm working working I can often do it from home.

Just hit level 28.

I'm so done. I feel like a drug addict.

I work freelance and I'm currently on some downtime (which I should be using to actually write) and when I'm working working I can often do it from home.

Nice. Pretty sweet deal right there!

Yeah, noticed you hit 28. If we do ever get a strike off the ground we should be well powered up.

I'm only working like this until the first draft of the book I'm writing is done. And I'm almost done, less than 20,000 words to go. It's great but not really too sustainable. It could be but I don't have enough experience to get away with it at the moment.

Yeah, not sure how I'm going to hit lvl 29.

Still level nine, played it thrice since i bought it... Really cant get the urge to turn it on which is strange because i loved the beta!

When are we gonna get a Raid started? The plan to start it last night all fell through. :(

I suppose the longer we wait the more powered up people will be.

Someone needs to take charge, pick a time, finalise the roster etc. if everyone just asks everyone else it won't happen. I nominate... You!

The disconnections are really pissing me off now! They're more frequent since the update to the network... what the..?!!

I'd not mind but I've opened all the ports on my router that Bungie have suggested, I checked my internet connection on the PS4; 12MB download, 1MB upload, NAT Type 2 (which is Open). Everything should be running perfectly, as it does with every single other game I have... but no, Destiny wants to be shit!

In good news I got a Legendary engram from the postmaster and got Legendary chest armour... nice!

Edited by Kav

Someone needs to take charge, pick a time, finalise the roster etc. if everyone just asks everyone else it won't happen. I nominate... You!

To be fair I said Tuesday and around 8pm but people were busy doing other stuff.

Anytime during the week between 5pm-10pm is fine with me. Weekends I'm pretty much free all throughout the day, apart from Sunday mornings.

Picked up a Legendary Fusion Rifle too tonight. It made up for the earlier disconnects!

Alright...having played 76 hours with my level 27 Titan (plus 5 hours with both my lvl 14 Hunter and level 11 Warlock) I can say I'm done with this game for a while.

Sadly, I won't have the time to do the raid for at least one or two months. And I've seen the rest of the game so many times now in 86 hours...I need new content :p

Guess I'll have to wait for December.

I'll probably try to level up both the Hunter and Warlock in preparation for the first expansion and play the occasional Crucible match, other than that, I'm done.

It has been a hell of a ride, though :D 60€ well spent...I mean, the 86 hours speak for themselves. And I enjoyed every single one.

However,...

The game needs a lot of essential features (UI changes, trading, matchmaking for everything, filter options for PvP).

It needs a HELL of a lot more varied content (strikes should've been more than: run, kill, boss - the raid appears to be a good example of how it should've been done).

The fucking network code has to be improved or possibly even completely redone (sooo many people have this one stupid issue with the hit detection: it lags...to the point where you can melee hit a Guardian, he doesn't die for 1-2 whole seconds and in the meantime he kills you...and AFTER THAT he dies of your hit).

I had the same issue with the Halo games. And no, it's not my connection because every other online shooter runs fine :p

(no idea why the issue is present..I read somewhere that Destiny doesn't use dedicated servers? Would they help? I don't know anything about that stuff)

Bungie has to deliver and keep their promise ('this is only the beginning, Destiny will be BIG'). The first expansion needs to add/improve A LOT.

If not...I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for the second add on.

If nothing changes then...well played with all the marketing...

Show me that you have a plan, show me you deserve those sales. If the game simply stays like this I may turn into one of those "this is some overhyped shit game"-guys (which will be the lesser of their problems...the press will be all over them if they don't do anything good)

Edited by drahkon

I think a lot of people are feeling what you've are feeling, @drahkon. I've noticed a fair few people on my friends list who have stopped playing and moved on to something else.

I had a major issue with it last night. For the first time I had to go it alone as people were either playing other stuff or doing other missions. I wanted to do the Queens mission as I have 6 bounty tickets sitting waiting to be used. Because there is no matchmaking in these missions I had to attempt them alone. I got pretty far but then kept getting picked off. With nobody to revive me it started to get frustrating having to restart from the checkpoint.

After this it then hit me that if you have nights like this, where nobody is online to hook up with, you are pretty much screwed if you want to do certain missions where there is no matchmaking.

I'm close to level 29 and once I reach that point i'm pretty much stuck and can't get any further unless I do some raid mode. I can see why people were complaining about the lack of matchmaking in this and other modes.

I imagine this game would be a lot more fun if you played it a lot less :p I mean some people will only be level 10 or so by now, even if they bought it at launch. They'll always be getting new content to get through the slow parts instead of capping constantly then waiting for the game to catch up.

That's probably the game's biggest issue, that it wants to be played like an MMO, but is only a fraction of the size.

I imagine this game would be a lot more fun if you played it a lot less :p

I'm inbetween semesters right now and am too lazy to study (which is why I've failed many exams :blank:). That's why I've played so much.

I agree with you, if I'd only played 3-5 hours per week I'd still be on it.

But, I can't stress that enough, I thoroughly enjoyed every second I spent with Destiny. : peace:

I think a lot of people are feeling what you've are feeling, @drahkon. I've noticed a fair few people on my friends list who have stopped playing and moved on to something else.

I had a major issue with it last night. For the first time I had to go it alone as people were either playing other stuff or doing other missions. I wanted to do the Queens mission as I have 6 bounty tickets sitting waiting to be used. Because there is no matchmaking in these missions I had to attempt them alone. I got pretty far but then kept getting picked off. With nobody to revive me it started to get frustrating having to restart from the checkpoint.

After this it then hit me that if you have nights like this, where nobody is online to hook up with, you are pretty much screwed if you want to do certain missions where there is no matchmaking.

I'm close to level 29 and once I reach that point i'm pretty much stuck and can't get any further unless I do some raid mode. I can see why people were complaining about the lack of matchmaking in this and other modes.

Had the same issue on Tuesday myself, just couldn't do the Queen's mission and ended up getting annoyed at being unable to progress as I was the only one free on my friend's list to do it. I've had slightly better luck with more recent missions, but even then, would've preferred to have teamed up to make it a little easier (not that the legendary gear being offered at the end is worth it as it's all been the same chestplate everytime :().

I've also had some rotten luck with regards to the matchmaking for playing the normal strikes (2 in a row I've had terrible randoms to play with; first run on the Devil's Lair, one quit because he died as a result of standing in a stupid place during the fight with the Devil Walker so had to 2 main Sepiks and then in a run on the Summoning Pits, one of the guys shot off pulling all the mobs after him, leaving us behind so when the mobs hit the edge of their active zone me and another guy had to run through them and got slaughtered :mad:

They really could do with some better matchmaking for the strikes and I can sort of see why it's not included for Heroic missions, strikes, and these Queen Missions but surely they could at least include some form of it. It really mustn't be that hard to do it.

Saying that, I'd love to do the Weekly Strike later to grab some Strange Coins, as im only a few away from being able to get something from Xur tomorrow, and I'd absolutely hate to be paired with randoms for that.

But yeah, think like a few others, getting a little burned out on this even though I haven't been full on playing it massively. Even finally getting level 25 last night felt hollow as I saw how much I'd need to grind rep and whatnot to get further. Plus, apart from a 20 minute stint on Rayman Legends and a little bit of Velocity X2, I've not really played anything else on the PS4 yet, and that includes Infamous. So maybe I'll shelf for a little bit and experience other pastures. But knowing me, I'll probably not bother and be straight back on later tonight, doing bounties, missions and patrols in the hope of getting some gear and levelling! They do seriously need to reveal their hand a little more on what they've got planned though. 2 expansions isn't sounding great unless they're beefy and I suspect they won't be. I'm betting their going for a yearly release on this courtesy of Activision :shakehead

I'll be venturing online after Mario Kart this evening, feel free to either drop in or send us an invite.