NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Awesome, thanks, request sent!

I'm looking forward to getting home from work and popping it on.

You and me both.

You up for some competitive play tonight? I sent lostmario a message via PSN app and he's up for it.

We need to get everyone signed up to the clan so we can get some Raid missions sorted out.

You and me both.

You up for some competitive play tonight? I sent lostmario a message via PSN app and he's up for it.

We need to get everyone signed up to the clan so we can get some Raid missions sorted out.

Yes please, I'd like to play atleast something with people tonight. Just post a time an I'll be on.

I'll be on from 5pm for most of the night (I'll break for food at some point). I'd be on from 4pm as u finish with the but I have to go to tesco for a shop... barebones shelves and fridge. Damn me for needing to eat to live!

Edited by Kav

Yes please, I'd like to play atleast something with people tonight. Just post a time an I'll be on.

Like Kav, I'll be on around 5pm. I will probably pop off at 8 to watch the Great British Bakeoff, although I could just catch it on the iplayer over the weekend.

I'll be on from 5pm for most of the night (I'll break for good at some point). I'd be on from 4pm as u finish with the but I have to go to tesco for a shop... barebones shelves and fridge. Damn me for needing to eat to live!

Just order food like you did last night. :D

Like Kav, I'll be on around 5pm. I will probably pop off at 8 to watch the Great British Bakeoff, although I could just catch it on the iplayer over the weekend.

Just order food like you did last night. :D

Sounds good. I'll probably be a little later, say about 5:30 after I've had a bite to eat.

Could any actually send the link for the clan, rather just mentioning it in passing :)

Could any actually send the link for the clan, rather just mentioning it in passing :)

It's in Jimbobs signature. He mentioned it on the last page.

Just realised you're James. I thought you were just one of Kavs buddies, didn't realise you were SC from here.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Had a stormer on the Crucible this morning. Managed to record it.

On the Mars map, I ran at - what I would quickly find out was the enemy's home capture point - saw the other team standing there. Lobbed a grenade as they blew me to pieces and I think I killed most of them.

Had a good session on this last night. Only managed to get my Titan up to level 4, about half way towards level 5, and had @gmac drop into my game to help out with a story mission as one point. So glad he did as don't think I'd have managed to get through the mobs that kept spawning or take down the actual boss (even though my pulse rifle seemed to be ripping through its shields pretty quickly) so thanks for the help! Apologies I left so quick afterwards, had to drop off line to do some bits and pieces.

Stuck at work now until 5 and then have things to do when I get home but aching to get back on and play more as was really enjoying it. Though was getting slightly annoyed that when doing the patrol thing in the Cosmodrome that all the mission beacons I was activating were sending me in to areas with enemies much higher level than I was at the time (I was level 3 and some of the enemies were 7-9 :().

Also meant I got to put in a proper play test and get to grips with the PS4 controller. Thought it would take a bit longer to get used to but it took no time at all and feels comfortable even after a 2 hour session. So big thumbs up. Only thing I'd prefer was if the thumbsticks had less of a smooth rubber finish and a few nubs or something just to stop my thumbs slipping.

Other than that small bit, and some of the load times which are a bit on the long side, even to get to the tower, really enjoying it so far. Can't wait to get back on later and hopefully nab a few more levels. Falling behind everyone else here, looks like I'll be lonewolfing :heh:

Yeah, it was easy :laughing:

Got kicked out of the game afterwards, though, and then my mate was ready to continue the story with me. Sorry I was gone so quickly.

No problem brah, was the last mission I planned on doing, I did a small patrol on the moon after and then called it a night.

Like others are saying we'll have to sort out some clan strikes, pvp, etc. Dem clan strike and raid trophies!

@kav82 @Hero\-of\-Time

Would you mind waiting for me to do the missions? I don't get in while 20:00 and if you guys are gaming from around 17:00 im conscious that you are going to be miles ahead :(

@kav82 @Hero\-of\-Time

Would you mind waiting for me to do the missions? I don't get in while 20:00 and if you guys are gaming from around 17:00 im conscious that you are going to be miles ahead :(

Oh man, I finish at 4pm, I can't wait 4hrs to play... but what I could do if there are those still at a low level is start as another character (I'm thinking warlock) and do the early missions again.

Oh man, I finish at 4pm, I can't wait 4hrs to play... but what I could do if there are those still at a low level is start as another character (I'm thinking warlock) and do the early missions again.

Ok, thanks.

Going to give the remote play of this another go tonight. It was great on the Beta, we'll see how it flies this time.

Finally managed to get an hour or so in last night, didn't really do a lot. But it's nice to see the city full of fellow gamers.

All pending requests to join the N-Europe group have been accepted, choose your platform for the clan. So far, the prohibation for the Xbox clan isn't being met (currently sitting at zero) as most are PSN gamers at present (got 7 at the moment).

If anyone else wishes to join, the link can be found in my sig below.

Request sent :)

Yeah, I'll probably do this as well.

Yeah, I'll probably do this as well.

It would be really appreiated if you @kav82 would do this :D

I would do the same :)

Insane launch.

London, UK – 10th September, 2014 – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), announced today that the company sold more than $500 million of Destiny into retail stores and first parties worldwide as of day one, making the game the biggest new video game franchise launch in history.

“Based on extraordinary audience demand, retail and first party orders worldwide have exceeded $500 million for Destiny,” said Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision Blizzard. “This industry milestone marks another blockbuster success for our company and demonstrates our unique ability to create some of the most successful entertainment franchises in the world. The success of Destiny, along with the recent introduction of Blizzard Entertainment’s Hearthstone, is further validation of our unique capabilities to create great entertainment franchises from the ground up.”

“Since the beginning, we’ve been confident that our investment and belief in Destiny would pay off. But not many people believed we’d be able to say it did so on day one,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Destiny is officially the biggest new franchise launch in our industry’s history. It’s also the highest-selling day one digital console release in history. We have more confidence than ever that Destiny will become one of the iconic franchises of this generation and Activision’s next billion dollar brand. Most importantly, it’s just a great game which we can’t stop playing. A big thanks to our incredibly talented team and partners who helped make this happen; most importantly, our partners at Bungie.”

Reviewers and gamers appear to be disappointed with what they've played so far.

Main reasons: Repetitive/boring missions, lifeless, poor world-building, PvP is nothing special, loot is uninteresting.

I can understand the criticism about missions not being varied enough.

However, I've played the missions up until halfway-through Venus alone and with a mate. My thoughts: I had fun playing alone, but holy crap, it was much more intense with a second player. We were coordinating, screaming, laughing.

It was a blast.

And from what I've read here: Many people had similar experiences.

The internet is going crazy with all those rather negative first impressions. "Overhyped", "shit game", "marketing brainwashed everyone", "will be forgotten in 2 months", "only sells because of advertising", "7/10 reviews incoming".

:blank:

I don't really get the negative reviews. It's a blast.

I kind of think it's only going to be as fun as you make it. If you want to not enjoy it, you're going to not enjoy it. If you want to make it and adventure, that's what it'll be.

If you want to make it and adventure, that's what it'll be.

Exactly, and that's what's Bungie's been saying since they announced the game.

To be honest I didn't really enjoy what I played of the beta so I can understand if people are a little underwhelmed. Specifically anyone who played Borderlands, what, five years ago now.

I assume the powers and abilities give the action a flow and a cool toolset that Bungie have undoubtedly designed encounters very well around, but it seemed pretty pedestrian for my tastes. Didn't want to say anything before because of the overwhelming levels of excitement in this thread, and I was allowing for the possibility that the game proper was substantially better than the beta, but I'm glad I waited until more opinions rolled in.

I knew they would use the hype against it - "doesn't live up to hype", etc. It is a new IP that cost them £310m to make. Of course they had to advertise the balls off it to start getting money back. They should just review it based on how fun a game it is and nothing else.

The game is seriously awesome though, it's top class multiplayer and tight gameplay, wrapped up with some really well designed areas.

It's a game that is 100 x better playing with your mates but not as good gaming alone.