NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Destiny is great 'n all but one thing is bothering me... the mic symbol, it seems to be picking up sound because it looks like its transmitting every time I make the slightest sound yet I have no mic connected? :confused:

I didn't think that the PS4 pad would work as a mic with no headset but that seems to be what the game is implying. ::shrug:

There's no mic on the DS4. There is one built into those headphones you bought though...

There's no mic on the DS4. There is one built into those headphones you bought though...

The headphones are off though, that's why I don't quite understand why the mic symbol would be reacting as if it's picking up sound. :hmm:

Well, it arrived and was sitting on the side when i came home. It's actually pretty big, bigger than i was expecting it to be. Whilst i was waiting for the game to install, i took a snap of the content.

10417454_587484738027284_8709254723808595549_n.jpg?oh=bc19a220b763abce70d22d3adcd3db80&oe=54866C8C

That box has a nice texture feel to it, and the map has a weird feel to it. But overall, i am impressed.

Yeah the box is really nice. A bit oversized though considering how compactly packed the contents are. Love the tin case.

The headphones are off though, that's why I don't quite understand why the mic symbol would be reacting as if it's picking up sound. :hmm:

What mic symbol do you mean anyway? Next to your name in a lobby, or somewhere else?

I was soloing that first moon mission and everything was going fine until the boss. His health just wouldn't deplete so I guess I need to do that with other people lol

What mic symbol do you mean anyway? Next to your name in a lobby, or somewhere else?

It comes up in the bottom right-hand corner whenever the 'mic' registers noise.

-edit-

Turns out it's the PS4 camera! No way to turn it off short of unplugging it apparently, it's OK though as if I turn the headset on then that overrides it.

At least now I know though. :p

Edited by S.C.G

Having myself a blast so far, seems much better than i remember. Firing up the game (after that update), seeing all them Grimore things popping up. I have no idea what they are for at present, but will be interesting to find out.

I've also got my Beta emblem going.

Okay, first of all: Seeing at least 10 people on my friends list playing Destiny makes me happy. :)

PS4 and Destiny seem to have hit the spot for a lot of you guys : peace:

Second of all: This game is so much fun. My mate and I are having a blast. We just finished the last mission on Earth's moon and will do the strike tomorrow.

We've played 5-6 hours straight and didn't get bored once. And we have only played one Crucible match, so we need to dive into that soon.

And now...something fucking awesome.

a1Qj2Rt.jpg

4KPp0Ru.jpg

YcQWSEd.jpg

OH MY GOD. When we saw the sword just floating around we said to each other: "Man looks cool, shame it'll be destroyed now"

And then I pressed square...I picked it up...and I was slashing my way through enemies.

It was so good. So much fun :laughing:

It's a bit anticlimactic if you played the beta to death like me, just playing the same missions for the second (or third, or fourth) time. Didn't have time to reach any new content but still looking forward to it. If you got the LE I recommend you register the code for the vanguard armoury right away because you'll outlevel the items quickly.

^^ Yeah re-playing the same missions for yeah, a fourth time was pretty grim at times. Especially as I was getting through them quicker but levelling slower so they became harder, but in a frustrating way. am on to new content now though so all is good. :D

Really enjoyed playing this tonight with @kav82.

It's a bit of a negative that you can't seem to have more than 3 in a party though! :(

Also Kav kept getting kicked out of the game which i'm putting down to week 1 issues rather than anything else. It was annoying though!

Edited by Blade

-edit-

Turns out it's the PS4 camera! No way to turn it off short of unplugging it apparently, it's OK though as if I turn the headset on then that overrides it.

You can turn the mic off on the camera by going into settings and I think devices or something like that and just check the mute camera option. I did it for my dad the other day who didn't realise he was broadcasting everything he was saying when play Watch Dogs online.

Can't stop playing :laughing:

I noticed @Sheikah has been playing the game 'til mornin' :p

Since my mate is being a pussy and currently sleeping, I'm leveling my second character (Warlock). Reached Level 8.

The Titan (which I'm only playing with my mate) is level 11 and awaiting the first flight to Venus.

Have yet to encounter a public event. Not sure whether there is a system to it (like every full hour = public event) or whether it's random.

Edited by drahkon

But....but what if I don't have any friends :(? What's everyone here playing it on(other than PS4)?

My other issue is having to purchase some subscription like Xbox Live again - what's the deal with playing on PS3, plus needed or free online? Is this game only really good with friends/peeps you know or can you get by without? I need to find out if any of my friends are actually still playing vidya games anymore!!

It's good to have Destiny back, at one point all my online friends were playing Destiny, good times!

I played up to where the Beta ended and left it there for the night, briefly joining @drahkon on the first moon mission which we powered through no problem, team Titan!

Looking forward to playing the new moon content tonight, it sounds great. If anyone wants to Co op through the moon tonight feel free to join my fire team. :)

A couple of questions.

How does the exp system work when playing co-op? Does everyone get the same exp or is it only for those who get the killing blow?

Where do you sign up for the N-E clan?

It's a shame I can't put loads of time in, like others are at the moment, due to work. It means that people will fly ahead in levels which makes it pointless to hook up with them as they will just butcher everything in their path. I had this issue with Borderlands 2 and ended up just playing most of it on my own.

One of my nephews mates had been playing it all day and was level 14 by the time I got in from work. He wanted to join my game ( at this point I was level 5 ) but had to turn him away.

Why is it only 3 player co-op? It seems to be a bit of a weird number, especially when you see other random players kicking about the map.

Also Kav kept getting kicked out of the game which i'm putting down to week 1 issues rather than anything else. It was annoying though!

Yeah, just teething issues I think.

I know PSN was struggling last night. People were getting booted from parties left and right. It was also taking ages to load up friends lists and the PS App was a little off as well.

I do hope that the connection is a bit better tonight. Otherwise I enjoyed it.

At first I thought it was very run of the mill, good but standard fare really. Then we got to one of the moon missions

the one where you have to kill that giant Knight at the end

and at this point I was having a ball! Loving it!

@Hero\-of\-Time, both @Blade and I are working too so we may well all be knocking about the same level if you fancy gaming with us. We're currently level 7/8.

Edited by Kav

I do hope that the connection is a bit better tonight. Otherwise I enjoyed it.

At first I thought it was very run of the mill, good but standard fare really. Then we got to one of the moon missions

the one where you have to kill that giant Knight at the end

and at this point I was having a ball! Loving it!

What level are you and Blade at now? Just wondering if we are kicking around the same area. @lostmario will probably be level 20 by the time we get in from work. :D

Looks like you edited your post and answered before I asked. :)

I'm level 9 at the moment.

EDIT: Found out how to join a clan now ( did it via the Bungie website ). N-E request has been sent.

We need some kind of system, a way to get the N-E clan teamed up more frequently. Any suggestions?

I played up to where the Beta ended and left it there for the night, briefly joining @drahkon on the first moon mission which we powered through no problem, team Titan!

Yeah, it was easy :laughing:

Got kicked out of the game afterwards, though, and then my mate was ready to continue the story with me. Sorry I was gone so quickly.

-edit-

Hold the Playstation button down, adjust devices, mute Playstation Camera.

Finally managed to get an hour or so in last night, didn't really do a lot. But it's nice to see the city full of fellow gamers.

All pending requests to join the N-Europe group have been accepted, choose your platform for the clan. So far, the prohibation for the Xbox clan isn't being met (currently sitting at zero) as most are PSN gamers at present (got 7 at the moment).

If anyone else wishes to join, the link can be found in my sig below.

All pending requests to join the N-Europe group have been accepted, choose your platform for the clan. So far, the prohibation for the Xbox clan isn't being met (currently sitting at zero) as most are PSN gamers at present (got 7 at the moment).

If anyone else wishes to join, the link can be found in my sig below.

Cheers.

I've just logged in and set it up so im part of the PSN clan/section now.

...If anyone else wishes to join, the link can be found in my sig below.

Awesome, thanks, request sent!

I'm looking forward to getting home from work and popping it on.