NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---09052014/en/News/News?aid=12096

After thousands of internal playtests, an internal Alpha, and a public Beta, we’ve also learned that Destiny isn’t Destiny without the most crucial component to our living, social world: You.

From the beginning, we set out to make Destiny feel like more than bits on a drive. We wanted to build a place for players to visit – a place filled with luminous life. Without a vibrant population for the last safe city on Earth, and Guardians roaming the wild frontiers, Destiny is a shadow of what it should be. That’s not how we wanted to submit for review.

We explored several options to populate the world for reviewers. Our team estimates it would take thousands of gamers to ensure each potential public space in Destiny would be populated – that every activity would be accessible at all hours of the day and night. Where on Earth would we be able to find thousands of gamers?

The answer, again, is you.

So, reviews of Destiny will wait for your arrival. On day one, you’ll be rubbing elbows with the pageant judges, so look sharp. Who knows, you may end up on one of their live streams. They may end up on one of yours, too!

For us, this is a first – a new experience. It’s a bit of a risk, too. We fully anticipate seeing day one reviews from folks who decide to kick the tires, but don’t have the time or patience to take our ride for a nice, long road trip. Some of you might wait to pick up a copy until you read the final verdict from your most trusted review house. We’re okay with that. We’ve created something we’re proud of.

We hope you love it as much as we do.

Pathetic excuse for with holding reviews. I guess COD and other games (which hold more players in one map) should also delay reviews for the same reason.

The main problem the beta showcased was that there isn't much content and not a whole lot to do with content there is. Especially when you add up the cost of the game along with its expansions (over £80 for many). There isn't much to do. You don't go about it in any refreshing manner but grind away. Not too mention it feels like a last gen game tech wise. Tiny areas with tiny amount s of players on screen. There are plenty of flaws within Destiny for sure.

I think its a good game but not a 'great' one. Overhype definitely playing a part.

Enjoy the game guys i'll be following.

I don't know why they didn't let reviewers have copies earlier, switched on the servers for a week to let them review it and then allow us the opportunity to order it.

Oh well, have a good launch all. My copy is either at the Postal sorting office as a delivery slip arrived today, or it's not. Tracking isn't working.

Well I decided to go to the local Tesco on a whim just before midnight to buy it. I scored it for £40 which is nice. A few other people there, three bought XB1 copies and the rest PS4.

R6OFc93.jpg

First midnight launch since GTAIV, same Tesco as well. Lets just hope Destiny isn't a dud like GTAIV.

Well, well. Now the really excruciating wait begins :laughing:

Update 1.01 - Patch notes

Won't copy-paste them here, would be too much.

Summary:

The Day One patch for Destiny contains a number of changes to Weapons, Builds, Talents, Maps, Activities, Achievements, Progression, game stability and UI.

Well I decided to go to the local Tesco on a whim just before midnight to buy it. I scored it for £40 which is nice. A few other people there, three bought XB1 copies and the rest PS4.

First midnight launch since GTAIV, same Tesco as well. Lets just hope Destiny isn't a dud like GTAIV.

Did they have any Limited Editions?

If mine doesn't show up today, I'm tempted to go get a second copy and return it using the online order when it shows up :p

At my office I can see all the delivery drivers arrive, so I'm going to be getting up and checking reception repeatedly :D

I'm also in the office an hour early so I can leave an hour early :yay:

Edit: @Sheikah you should know if it doesn't show up today I'm holding you personally responsible for my crushing disappointment.

Edited by Shorty

My copy has arrived at the local depot and now I'm waiting for the driver's to go on their rounds, which I'm guessing is 9. I can't remember whether DPD is the company that has tracking in the van, you can see where it is and also see how many deliveries away it is. I hope that's DPD :D

My copy has arrived at the local depot and now I'm waiting for the driver's to go on their rounds, which I'm guessing is 9. I can't remember whether DPD is the company that has tracking in the van, you can see where it is and also see how many deliveries away it is. I hope that's DPD :D

It sure is :)

I now get to sit at work and torture myself my constantly checking the PS app to see which of my friends are playing Destiny. Happy days.

I now get to sit at work and torture myself my constantly checking the PS app to see which of my friends are playing Destiny. Happy days.

Can't even log in to the App. "Something went awry". :blank:

Just received a confirmation email from DPD that I shall be receiving my shiny new PS4 with Destiny before half 12! Wooo, so excited!

Mine is out for delivery but I have a bad feeling about it. Because Sod's Law and all that.

I'll pick this up whilst on my lunch break... can't wait to get home and pop it on!

Had a delivery note at home last night, had my hopes up that i could be playing Destiny today. Alas it was not to be as i checked online and it was sitting in a depot somewhere. Had a check today, it's still in the depot. I know there was someone at home until 10:30am today, so unless it was delivered before that time, i'll be getting it tomorrow morning on my way to work.

I'm not fussed if it arrives late, got enough of a backlog to clear.

Your parcel is being prepared for delivery later today; we will update you here shortly

It's been like that for an hour. How long does it take to throw it (place carefully) in a van? I'm excitedly impatient.

Although watching the van tracker online is like a game in itself. And one that you (almost) always win!

Come ooooonnnnn!

My driver Jonathan is 45 mins away! Hurry Jonathan! It's my Destiny!

....*grabs coat*

So apparently there are players that have reached the max level already... nuts!

Love how you guys go apeshit over your copy's delivery. :laughing:

I'm currently calmly preparing lunch and when it's done I will calmly eat THE FUCKING RICE.

I want to play the game. Please delivery guy...

Love how you guys go apeshit over your copy's delivery. :laughing:

I'm currently calmly preparing lunch and when it's done I will calmly eat THE FUCKING RICE.

I want to play the game. Please delivery guy...

Haha I'm only mega excited because I'm getting a PS4 with it too! Woo!And I have today and tomorrow off work to get stuck in :D

T minus 20 mins until Jonathan, my saviour, my beacon of hope (aka my DPD driver) gets to my house.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---09052014/en/News/News?aid=12096

Pathetic excuse for with holding reviews. I guess COD and other games (which hold more players in one map) should also delay reviews for the same reason.

The main problem the beta showcased was that there isn't much content and not a whole lot to do with content there is. Especially when you add up the cost of the game along with its expansions (over £80 for many). There isn't much to do. You don't go about it in any refreshing manner but grind away. Not too mention it feels like a last gen game tech wise. Tiny areas with tiny amount s of players on screen. There are plenty of flaws within Destiny for sure.

I think its a good game but not a 'great' one. Overhype definitely playing a part.

Enjoy the game guys i'll be following.

Does seem bizarre, any reliable impressions come through yet? Metacritic user score is 4.9, some of the user reviews seem fairly reasonable and articulate in praise/criticism, while others are nonsense as expected!

Does seem bizarre, any reliable impressions come through yet?

At the end of his live stream yesterday a guy from GiantBomb said he isn't impressed with the game as the missions are basically: "deploy ghost, defend/wait". When he stopped streaming he was close to finishing the first planet (i.e. Earth).

It's the most reliable impression I've heard/read so far.

At the end of his live stream yesterday a guy from GiantBomb said he isn't impressed with the game as the missions are basically: "deploy ghost, defend/wait". When he stopped streaming he was close to finishing the first planet (i.e. Earth).

It's the most reliable impression I've heard/read so far.

I cancelled my pre-order based off the beta and for me a worry about the actual depth of content. Am looking forward to the reviews.

Picked up my copy this morning, it's now sitting on the spare chair in the office just screaming to be played. Thankfully, I'll be heading home shortly. :D Seems to be selling really well up where I am already. The GAME had a midnight launch and cleared a few boxes and then when I went in just after half 10 this morning there was a massive queue from the tills to the door all for people picking up the game. When I eventually got served, the queue was already out the door! So, new IPs do indeed sell :indeed:

With the exception of 2 people, everyone I saw buying when in GAME were getting the PS4 version so I'll actually be interested to see the split between the Xbone and PS4 sales.

Now just to finish up little bits of work and pick up a few things in town then all the Destiny shall be mine. Think I'm gonna go with a Warlock character as my first foray into the game :grin:

My copy still hasn't arrived. :blank: Come. The. Fuck. On.

I hate this parcel service.

Seeing @lostmario in my friends list playing the game doesn't help...

I'm finding it very humourous reading the comments on GAME's twitter and facebook pages from people whom have yet to receive the game. Blaming GAME for failure of delivery on release day, it's quite funny.

Loads of "I'm never buying from you guys again, you've failed to deliver on time". And "It's been dispatched on Friday, why is it taking so long to arrive. Grr, you guys are useless and i'm demanding a refund. But customer services are useless, can't get through. Grrrr"

If they used a braincell of any sort, they would be wise to direct the blame first to Royal Mail or whatever the mailing service is to address the delivery situation. To be wise to hold on until tomorrow, just in case it arrives later in the day. Then move complaints to GAME if the delivery company didn't get the package or something.

*cough*

wrgn54.jpg

It actually arrived at 10am for me but I had to go out, it's updating now!

: peace: