NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Regarding setting N-Europe as your "clan" (seemingly a requirement for some of those trophies), it seems like only me and Map have done it.

Once you join the N-Europe group, make sure you're logged in an it should have an option here- "Set as PlayStation clan".

I don't really get why Destiny is missing a lot of the great Halo features. Like assassinations, vehicle hijacking, non-solo vehicles and stuff like that. At the least, it should try some new things but it's all pretty basic in PvP.

Also, I have Destiny withdrawal.

I hated how much gravitas vehicles had in Halo. While you could take them down, it was pretty easy to get gunned/rocketed down by a 3 man warthog, while in the first game on PC the banshees were ridiculously OP. I'd be happy for them to nerf the vehicles more in Destiny (or hopefully they'll make standard powers more important as you level), especially that big bulky rocket firing thing.

Bungie have replied to people's issues with Raids only being available with friends:

Bungie has acknowledged the negative fan reaction to news that Destiny's raids don't supporting online matchmaking.

In a post on NeoGAF, Bungie writer Luke Smith said he could "understand everyone's frustration about the decision... and the limitations that this places on the activity's adoption at scale.

"That barrier to entry - the requirement that you get a group of people together and venture into something that is going to challenge your ability to work together (first) and your thumbs (second) - is a barrier I was willing to erect to preserve the activity goals."

Bungie expects "bleeding edge hardcore groups" to invest significant time in working through the raids, but that some people should be able to beat one in Normal mode within the game's first week on sale.

"Hard mode will take longer," he continued. "Once your group learns the encounters, you will be able to get through the Raid significantly faster than three hours."

Smith appeared to play down the fact that you'll need to befriend those who enter into a raid with you, stating just that the "disparate people who come together to try" a raid will be able to view it as "a team-building exercise".

Raids will be made easier to beat in several sessions by the ability to store your insertion points each week - meaning your group can break off and rejoin at a later time.

Progress and loot eligibility is then reset every seven days - meaning you can only gain rewards from an encounter once per week.

I really don't mind that it's friends only. It was the same for Firefight mode on Reach. If it's anything like that then you need everyone talking to each other and communicating what's going on around you. I had so many good sessions on that with my mates.

I understand the frustration but I actually think it's kind of cool that you can only do this with your friends. It's already made about four or five of my friends proactive in looking to team up.

Yeah I can see the positives and negatives. To me it potentially means finding new friends to play more often online with, so that could be a good thing if I get in with a good crowd. It's something I struggled with on PS3 post move due to timezones and now it's something I will struggle with on Xbox as well due to reduced friend list size...

Amazon dropped the special edition to £75 yesterday. Whoop whoop! It's back up to £80 now but I pre-ordered so I'm happy.

Amazon dropped the special edition to £75 yesterday. Whoop whoop! It's back up to £80 now but I pre-ordered so I'm happy.

That's a good deal, wish i picked it up for that price. But alas, it's down on GAME at present.

Edit: Even at £80, that's still £15 cheaper than GAME. I'll probably cancel that order and keep the Amazon order, because i can't justify a speedier scooter for £15 extra. GAME just confirmed they have no plans to reduce the Limited Edition at present, so they snooze they lose really.

Edited by Jimbob

I got lucky and got it for £65 because this Tesco discount code that seemingly worked for few people worked for me.

So Bungie have finally wiped our Beta characters and cleaned out our vaults. :( Totally expected as it doesn't exactly take long to level up, hopefully we get a few more character creation options come release date now as well. Shame they cleared the vaults though, I had some rare armour and weapons in there.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08082014/en/News/News?aid=12034

One month to go.....

1371205941260376_animate.gif

I knew they would get wiped, so I made a note of my favourite weapon so I can look out for it in September :p

I was expecting it, hopefully Bungie make it harder to level up. I got to level 8 in just a few hours.

I was expecting it, hopefully Bungie make it harder to level up. I got to level 8 in just a few hours.

In most games like this, you upgrade fast to start with, but it takes longer and longer for each level you gain.

In most games like this, you upgrade fast to start with, but it takes longer and longer for each level you gain.

Yip, this.

Also it'll essentially be 'gear-levelling' when you hit L20, which in some games can often be more time consuming but result in more meaningful gains.

Came across this looking at Destiny news, a Destiny/Interstellar mash up, goes together really well.

New Mars trailer.

Edited by Map
Automerged Doublepost

Massively over hyped. That trailer was obnoxious.

Scale and scope is laughable for this type of game. The price of the content is outrageous.

Tech is basically last gen and ressed up. But i guess its all ok because the gaming media say its the second coming.

Scale and scope is laughable for this type of game. The price of the content is outrageous.

Tech is basically last gen and ressed up. But i guess its all ok because the gaming media say its the second coming.

Absolutely the opposite in every regard based on the many hours I put into the beta, but different strokes eh? :p

Absolutely the opposite in every regard based on the many hours I put into the beta, but different strokes eh? :p

Same here. My alpha and beta play time combined has to be something near 30 hours.

30 hours for just a glimpse of the game :laughing:

I'll lose all my friends :(

i49TcL8Rgd9f8.gif

Placed my order with Amazon, now to get a week booked off for it. Damn you @kav82

Haha. You went from not being sure whether to buy it, to preordering it and taking a week off. :D

This comes out the Tuesday after I get married and I booked off a week for a honeymoon we now aren't taking BOOM!