NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Hell yeah. Never seen my PS4 friend roster so strong, Sony have done a really good job of convincing people to get their console.

Yeah, with cross-platform play out of the question it was always sad that we were split between 360 and PS3. So many people on here have picked up a PS4, it doesn't feel like a problem anymore. Can't wait for some Destiny game nights.

Haven't posted in ages, but the beta has got me so hyped for this game, honestly cannot wait. I'm pretty shy when it comes to speaking online, but this just looks insanely fun.

Haven't posted in ages, but the beta has got me so hyped for this game, honestly cannot wait. I'm pretty shy when it comes to speaking online, but this just looks insanely fun.

Same with me. Especially when talking English to foreigners. :p

Same with me. Especially when talking English to foreigners. :p

We should all learn German.

Or Leeds-ish. Yorkshirespeak.

Tried the beta and thought it played well however the missions are far too short plus the beta being near 30% of the content doesn't really tell me this game has a lot of content left.

I don't think it's as simple as that. This game is meant to be updated daily, weekly and monthly. A lot of the content won't even be available until the story is done.

Tbh, I played the beta for over 15 hours. That's more than a lot of whole games.

I don't think it's as simple as that. This game is meant to be updated daily, weekly and monthly.

I've seen this promise so many times, but even subscription-bases MMOs can't seem to stick to that.

Tried the beta and thought it played well however the missions are far too short plus the beta being near 30% of the content doesn't really tell me this game has a lot of content left.

For me there's more to it than the missions. When the moon level appeared I cleared it pretty quickly but then went back and spent ages just walking around the place, generally just taking in the sights and seeing what new things I could find.

I'm not really expecting the world of that - although I do trust Bungie more than anyone with this. The Skulls in Halo show that they know how to implement good modifiers that just need a flick of a switch to turn on from their end.

I'm guessing there will be a lot to the 'post-game' stuff. To the point where that's where the meat of the game really is.

DESTINY: THE ENDGAME IS ONLY THE BEGINNING – IGN FIRST

You couldn't even get everywhere on the planets in the beta, so we've not even cleared one stage yet.

Probably slight spoilers here (maybe), but this sounds cool: http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/01/see-the-destiny-betas-best-keep-secret-the-seraphim-vault/

Also, this sounds like a really cool idea. You can actually get your character to level up beyond level 20, but need something called "Motes of Light" to progress after reaching 20:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/01/destiny-level-20-character-growth/

I'll play around with each class before making a choice.

I wonder if there's any bonus to sealing a subclass...

Locking in attributes for weapons results in higher damage...locking in skills in the skill tree, however...no clue. Seems stupid if there's no real advantage.

You do get something but it's not been revealed yet.

Tbh, I'm not sure it's worth sacrificing flexibility for whatever they might give. I witch between different grenade types depending on PvP and PvE.

Ability to go invisible and have what is effectively the plasma grenade is making me want to stick with Hunter.

I'll play around with each class before making a choice.

I wonder if there's any bonus to sealing a subclass...

Locking in attributes for weapons results in higher damage...locking in skills in the skill tree, however...no clue. Seems stupid if there's no real advantage.

Sounds like something you'd do if upgrading to another/more advanced class. Maybe planned future classes?

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

With the talk of trophies in the PS4 thread I thought I'd post the Destiny trophy set here.

become_legend.jpg?42e955

Check out those Strike and Raid trophies! Hope the NE Destiny Clan are up for this! :D

I don't really get why Destiny is missing a lot of the great Halo features. Like assassinations, vehicle hijacking, non-solo vehicles and stuff like that. At the least, it should try some new things but it's all pretty basic in PvP.

Also, I have Destiny withdrawal.

I don't really get why Destiny is missing a lot of the great Halo features. Like assassinations, vehicle hijacking, non-solo vehicles and stuff like that.

Not to mention AI. The AI in Halo seemed pretty great, but Destiny seems to rely more on bullet sponges more than AI.

Not to mention AI. The AI in Halo seemed pretty great, but Destiny seems to rely more on bullet sponges more than AI.

Hm, sometimes the AI went apeshit during the beta, but most of the time it was awesome.

They took cover, flanked me (which destroyed me soooo many times) and worked as a team.

I thought the AI was fine. I suspect it scales up with the difficulty too, which makes sense. I do miss the dialogue from the grunts, though.