NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Should be up today according to Playstation Blog.

To @Daft also...Tesco Direct are selling the physical version for £80, and there's a £15 off £75 coupon (TDXR-PYRT) making it effectively £65. Some people say the coupon doesn't work on their account and some say it does though.

Edited by Sheikah

Destiny is now an open Beta for anyone with PS Plus and Xbox Live, no codes needed.

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11962

Reading on various sources earlier, some people are going spare with this. Some saying this was a waste of extra money to pre-order to get a beta code.

But, at least everyone can play for Saturday for the load test (which i'm assuming this will be for)

Too @Daft also...Tesco Direct are selling the physical version for £80, and there's a £15 off £75 coupon (TDXR-PYRT) making it effectively £65. Some people say the coupon doesn't work on their account and some say it does though.

The code doesn't work. Says it's tied to another account.

Thanks, though.

Also, what are Tesco like for delivery?

Edited by Daft

Trying the Titan out. Not sure why I'd pick it over the Warlock. The armour looks cool.

There isn't really that much difference between the classes.

I've played all 3 classes now and the differences are slight at the moment, mainly jump styles and supers. Hopefully the differences become more apparent as more sub classes open as you level up.

Hmm, so the beta will be opened to everyone... I might be tempted to pick up a PS4 a little earlier than I was going to!

The code doesn't work. Says it's tied to another account.

Thanks, though.

Also, what are Tesco like for delivery?

Weird it works for some, I just tried it now and it worked for me. Maybe worth trying a new account?

Delivery is pretty good. I've pre-ordered maybe 4 or so games from them in the past, they're usually the day before or on the day delivery. Royal Mail too. They've also got a notice by pre-orders saying "order for delivery on day of launch".

There's some other discount codes that don't give you as much off, but could still save you up to £15 compared to the store:

£10 off £50: TDX-KYNK (register a new account for this one)

£5 off £25: TDX-FTRG

Hmm, so the beta will be opened to everyone... I might be tempted to pick up a PS4 a little earlier than I was going to!

It ends in 3 days. Probably best off just waiting to the release of the full game at this point.

It ends in 3 days. Probably best off just waiting to the release of the full game at this point.

Ah, why didn't I read the whole lot, haha! I was thinking of getting it this weekend funnily though. I'll wait now methinks.

Ah, why didn't I read the whole lot, haha! I was thinking of getting it this weekend funnily though. I'll wait now methinks.

If it's of interest to you and @Blade, I saw that ASDA direct are doing the white PS4 with destiny combo and if you apply the code 'CONSOLE' you get it for £359.

Saturday, July 26th at 2:00 PM PDT.

You will need to be very brave (and perhaps a bit patient) to help us reach our goal. To help you stay focused on our objectives, we’ve given you one of your own. Everyone who makes an appearance will earn a nameplate to help you prove that you were there when the record for concurrent players was set before the launch of the game. It will help you to be a rare and unique snowflake when Destiny launches in September.

stress-participation-emblem.png?cv=3983588666&av=1890151607

This is a flash mob. Set your destination. The Iron Banner will be live. The Director will still beckon with the lures we’ve littered all across Old Russia.

We’re even sending you on a new story mission. For this one, you’ll be glad you scrounged that jump drive from the wastes of the Cosmodrome. You don’t need us to tell you where you’re headed. We’ve marked it on the map since the moment when the Beta Build became a secret whispered about by only our friends and family. This new destination will be open to you for two hours.

So, if you want that emblem, play a new story mission or enter the Iron Banner be sure to log on!

And:

What the hell are you going to do about that Interceptor?

It’s a beast. Ain’t it? The architects of the arena have some ideas. In the final game, it won’t be the menace that’s been chasing you into bases. Don’t take it from me. Listen to Bungie Designer Derek Carroll:

The Interceptor is a tank and should be treated with respect, but the Sandbox team made some tweaks to reduce the “apocalyptic firestorm” factor a bit. The largest change is a lower rate of fire, with an additional delay between shots. This encourages the pilot to take aimed shots instead of just spamming rockets. More subtle changes include reducing the rocket blast radius, and shrinking the “arming shape” that allows the rockets to airburst on flying targets.

Even with these changes, we felt that having two of them on First Light is less interesting than having a single Interceptor for both teams to fight over. At the start of each match, each team is given a single Pike, with another neutral Pike up for grabs. Additional Pikes will respawn throughout the match near the Control Zones. The Interceptor will spawn on a delay.

You won’t see these changes in the Beta. A kinder, gentler Interceptor is just one more reason to look forward to the final version of Destiny, set to launch on September 9th. On that day, we look forward to complaints from the other side of the aisle, where the ace pilots have been polishing their medals.

Thank god.

Great to see that Bungie are using the feedback to change the game and make it as good as it can be on release. : peace:

Source: bungie.net

Reading on various sources earlier, some people are going spare with this. Some saying this was a waste of extra money to pre-order to get a beta code.

But, at least everyone can play for Saturday for the load test (which i'm assuming this will be for)

Who is paying money to pre order a game these days?

I cant tell the difference between titan and hunter!

Eh? Well, maybe if you haven't even reached level two...

Titan's melee is much stronger, and their special is an AOE attack. Their grenade is a flashbang which does minimum damage but blinds enemies pretty effectively. Their double jump has an extra lift.

Hunter's melee is silent so can perform stealth kills, and their special is Golden Gun. The grenade is fire and does DoT, and they have a standard double jump.

Eh? Well, maybe if you haven't even reached level two...

Titan's melee is much stronger, and their special is an AOE attack. Their grenade is a flashbang which does minimum damage but blinds enemies pretty effectively. Their double jump has an extra lift.

Hunter's melee is silent so can perform stealth kills, and their special is Golden Gun. The grenade is fire and does DoT, and they have a standard double jump.

I took it to level 5, i just didn't think there was much difference.

Is this 9pm tonight then?

I've maxed out moth Titan and Warlock. There are subtle difference. But nothing major. I think that might change as the levels go up.

So, what's this story mission I need to go to grab the reward for the full game? I'm hoping I can actually play it as I haven't put much time into the beta and still only level 3.

Just about to try the beta for the first time, PS3 version. No idea what to expect, by thought I'd better try out and get the beta reward stuff for if I end up getting the full version!

So, what's this story mission I need to go to grab the reward for the full game? I'm hoping I can actually play it as I haven't put much time into the beta and still only level 3.

Not sure, but I think you only need to be online during the specified time. Or be online once...no idea.

But dat story mission. Good lord it's epic. Be sure to set the enemies to a higher level (9 I think).

It's awesome! :yay:

Not sure, but I think you only need to be online during the specified time. Or be online once...no idea.

But dat story mission. Good lord it's epic. Be sure to set the enemies to a higher level (9 I think).

It's awesome! :yay:

Was it the moon mission? I just finished it on my own. I was only level 4 but managed to scrape through on the default settings. I just supercharged the wizard at the end and then threw my grenade, before changing him all guns blazing. :D

The moment the doors opened on that temple....oh my!

I just finished the moon mission, lots of fun! I should have put it on hard though lol Wont let me connect to the crucible now though so no idea what's happening with their load test.

Was it the moon mission? I just finished it on my own. I was only level 4 but managed to scrape through on the default settings. I just supercharged the wizard at the end and then threw my grenade, before changing him all guns blazing. :D

The moment the doors opened on that temple....oh my!

That's the one. Awesome, wasn't it? When the doors opened my mate and I just said: "Damn, shit's about to go down"

And by god, we were right :D Thralls, Knights everywhere!

We're currently trying to get into an Iron Banner game...no luck :( Guess the servers are really not ready, yet.

Wont let me connect to the crucible now though so no idea what's happening with their load test.

Good that it's happening in the beta. Gives bungie time to iron things out.

So I guess the weapon you get off the mission is the exclusive beta reward then?

Doubt it. It was just a normal green weapon.

The reward will be the emblem.

Also:

[tweet]493149432523657217[/tweet]

Don't forget to explore the rest of the moon, you won't get another chance until September :)

Doubt it. It was just a normal green weapon.

The reward will be the emblem.

Also:

[tweet]493149432523657217[/tweet]

So how do we get the emblem then? Just by playing it now?

I'm off to the moon again. :)