NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Alpha's over, hope you enjoyed it you lucky gits :)

For those wondering, alpha data won't transfer to beta, source.

I guessed the Alpha stuff wouldn't transfer, read it on Bungie's own forums yesterday. Oh well, may as well delete the Alpha off the PS4 and await the beta in a months time.

It was fun whilst it lasted, had some great matches and battles.

Glad how positive all the "alpha" feedback seems to be now people have more of a sense of what this game is.

I'm SO looking forward to this game. The alpha was a ridiculous amount of fun.

HotAgileDoctorfish.gif

Edited by Daft

Dis game, really can't wait! But with all the media coverage and the Beta it's gonna be hard not to overdose on it before the game actually releases. Should go on blackout but know I won't be able to resist the Beta.

That companion app looks sweet as well!

New Beta trailer.

Beta dates.

On July 17, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 players can begin playing the beta, which picks up from the beginning of the game and includes a handful of Story missions, a Strike mission, and a selection of PvP Crucible maps. The beta will then go offline for maintenance on Monday, July 21, and return on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 on Wednesday, July 23. The beta ends on Sunday, July 27.

I've slapped an order down on Amazon because I want to play the beta. May cancel later (not because I really want to, but I'll be really busy for that whole month). Looks amazing though, to hell with people saying "lots of new IP can fail" as a reason to advise against doing it. Not if you gather the talent and do it right.

Hnnnnng, dem Editions. Really tempted by the Ghost one, but £150? :/ The Limited Edition seems pricey too, but considering it also has the DLC, that's actually not too bad...

Hnnnnng, dem Editions. Really tempted by the Ghost one, but £150? :/ The Limited Edition seems pricey too, but considering it also has the DLC, that's actually not too bad...

My pre-order got upped to get some Vanguard content with it, which i'm happy with. May get the Expansion pack content separate.

I've slapped an order down on Amazon because I want to play the beta.

Yeah, I pre ordered and registered my code yesterday. Did consider skipping the beta as I took part in the Alpha but couldn't resist another go as it's just to much fun!

May get the Expansion pack content separate.

Will be interesting to find out how much the Expansion stuff is on its own, sounds like the some of the Expansion stuff is playstation exclusive as well. Not a fan of this to be honest, give both consoles the same content.

Will be interesting to find out how much the Expansion stuff is on its own, sounds like the some of the Expansion stuff is playstation exclusive as well. Not a fan of this to be honest, give both consoles the same content.

The Gaf has gone up in arms about the "exclusive" content Playstation are getting. It's quite interesting reading it.

Pre-pordered the Ghost Edition. Had an Amazon voucher left so I'll 'only' pay 100€ and since the Season Pass is included it does seem like a good deal for that price. : peace:

I'm less than pleased GAME got exclusivity on the Ghost edition...£150 which is $100 more than the US price...amazon.de have it considerably cheaper, but will the books come in German, any sound be in German (on the replica) probably so

Long live GAME and their exclusive shafting of UK consumers

I think I'll get the Digital Guardian Edition.

Contents

• Digital download of Destiny
  • Early access to Vanguard Armory and Player Emblem pre-order bonus
  • Reservation for two upcoming Destiny Expansions, “The Dark Below” and “House of Wolves,” featuring:
  • Brand new story missions
  • Cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas
  • A wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn
  • Collector’s Edition Digital Content Pack: Exclusive in-game Ghost Casing, Player Ship, and Player Emblem
  • Includes the Destiny Expansion Pass*

I just want this game on my machine all the time. And when I'm round at the other's, I can just have it on his machine, too.

I'm pretty willing to swallow the cost for the convenience...but I say that not know how much it'll cost.

I think I'll get the Digital Guardian Edition.

I just want this game on my machine all the time. And when I'm round at the other's, I can just have it on his machine, too.

I'm pretty willing to swallow the cost for the convenience...but I say that not know how much it'll cost.

My problem with the digital download for this game is that I'm not sure how long I will be playing it for. I find quite often with new FPSs they either get a bit boring after a while (Titanfall) or just aren't very good (COD Ghosts) and I often end up selling them on.

I'll use the Beta to decide whether to buy the game or not.

Once I'm definitely in the beta, I'm going to cancel my pre-order and then get it from wherever's cheapest :p

My pre-order got upped to get some Vanguard content with it, which i'm happy with. May get the Expansion pack content separate.

That's a nice addition... but I still snapped, and pre-ordered the Limited Edition instead.

Considering the price of the DLC ($35, or something), the LE seemed like good value. Plus, when you work it out, it's an extra £55 just for a model and some patches. Yes, they are kind of cool, but it doesn't justify the price in my opinion, and in my case, I have no space for anything like that. Still, I agree with what peeps are saying, GAME are ripping us off (and I know the fact I just pre-ordered from them really doesn't help...)

That's a nice addition... but I still snapped, and pre-ordered the Limited Edition instead.

Considering the price of the DLC ($35, or something), the LE seemed like good value. Plus, when you work it out, it's an extra £55 just for a model and some patches. Yes, they are kind of cool, but it doesn't justify the price in my opinion, and in my case, I have no space for anything like that. Still, I agree with what peeps are saying, GAME are ripping us off (and I know the fact I just pre-ordered from them really doesn't help...)

I was expecting the Ghost Edition to be £100 at tops, but £150 is a bit of a rip considering you get only a model and a few patches as you said as extra.

I'm contemplating upping to the Limited Edition, but as i've got a lot of other pre-orders down over the next few months i may not.

I was expecting the Ghost Edition to be £100 at tops, but £150 is a bit of a rip considering you get only a model and a few patches as you said as extra.

I'm contemplating upping to the Limited Edition, but as i've got a lot of other pre-orders down over the next few months i may not.

If it had been £100, I would have got it, no question! In which case, the LE could have been £70ish, but that's GAME for you, I guess. :heh:

If it had been £100, I would have got it, no question! In which case, the LE could have been £70ish, but that's GAME for you, I guess. :heh:

Yeah, that's true. You could probably pick up that figurine from a comic book store or somewhere for less than £50