NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

What class are you playing as? I'm a Warlock.

Same. Seemed like the most awesome class :D

Almost level 8. :) Reached level 8, it's the maximum level for the Alpha :(

Does anybody know what the Grimoire cards (or whatever they are called) are for?

Edited by drahkon

I can't get on this. Keep getting an error message - Unable to connect to PSN. Please check your network connection and PSN status. Everything is fine and connected as far as I can tell - I can see my friends online. Tried restarting my console too.

Shit the bed :(

I didn't get an invite, presumably because my account isn't associated with a PS4. But by the sounds of things I'll definitely get a PS4 in time for the beta.

Is there any word on whether we get to keep our characters for the beta and maybe also for the full game?

I got an alpha access, even though i don't recall signing up for it. I did put my Beta code into the Bungie site, so i guess access came from that (and i did sign-up outside of the time frame for Alpha access). It's not too bad so far, quite enjoying it.

So this is awesome! Played last night, got my Titan to level 8 and did the strike. Although I hear the warlock is the best class to play so might start another character class before the Alpha ends.

Did some bounties and exploring today and the public events are amazing, loads of randoms joining up to complete a common goal. Got a few gold tiers taking down spider tanks within a time limit, lots of dancing followed!

Is there any word on whether we get to keep our characters for the beta and maybe also for the full game?

From what I've heard Alpha progress won't crossover which is a shame as I have a decent set of level 12 uncommon armour I won't get to use. It also sounds like the beta will have a level cap of 20.

Do we know if the Beta progress will cross over to the full game then?

Wouldn't you want to start again and see what they changed/fixed/kept out anyway?

I'm not too bothered either way tbh. Just good to know.

I played some PvP. Wow, how fucking fun does it want to be? I love that you can just take your guns from the campaign and it all works really smoothly because they're ammo restricted. I'm usually an assault rifle kind of gut but damn, in this it's revolvers and sniper rifles for me.

So this game looks to be shaping up great then, eh? Looks like I'll definitely be getting it sooner rather than later then.

Game is pretty good.

Definitely no where near a MMO. Its not even a Diablo or many other RPG's in many ways. Just in case people were confused.

I like the game but not super hyped anymore. Its going to be very grindy and without high quality, rewards, exploration and adventure my interest has gone down. So far it just seems to be recycling the same environments for many purposes.

Technically its also very much a last gen game. Its pretty much designed ground up for the 360/PS3/WiiU. Environments are small and not varied. Will have to play Borderlands 2 for comparison :) I swear Borderlands 2 has more RPG than this does.

I really enjoyed what I played. Before trying out the beta I tbh had no idea what Destiny really was, but because of the enjoyment of PVP I'm keeping the game on my radar. My only hope is that it isn't too heavy on the RPG side and it is quite easy to pick up and play as I don't know how much time I'll have to learn all the nuances.

Been playing this over the weekend, and I think it's fantastic! It was a bit difficult to get into at first, but once you realise how the game works, it's easy to pick up and play. I went for Warlock as well, and I did notice a lot of people went for that class too, but it's definitely my favourite.

I did try out the other two classes, but after completing the first quest with them, there's a huge chunk of the Tower hub that's blocked off, so I can't continue. I've only managed to get into there once. Anyone else had that issue? :/

Almost level 8. :) Reached level 8, it's the maximum level for the Alpha :(

I noticed that too, it would have been nice for the max level to be higher. Plus I have level 9/10 items in my inventory, which makes it even more annoying...

Oh man, this game....

sogood.

I've been playing the shit out of this over the weekend, and here's a few pictures from my travels:

Gazing out over the horizon (seriously love the art style in this game):

WQ5vzmL.jpg

I found the area from the E3 2013 demo!

ivA4VeM.jpg

I took this photo tonight, chilling out and looking at the view before the Alpha is shut down:

D5sshoA.jpg

And as I was looking out, more people came to join me!

IemWNiY.jpg

I bought a sweet new ship too:

Ylpuce3.jpg

This is the gear I finished up with:

k5ebWiT.jpg

So badass:

JF91Wnf.jpg

Hopefully they'll announce some details about if there will be any cross-PS3/PS4 multiplayer.

Those pics, @ShavenWolf...Hnnnnnnnggg.

Where are you bitches pre-ordering this from? This has shot up to the top of my list. I take it that there will be a big following of people from here getting this game?

Those pics, @ShavenWolf...Hnnnnnnnggg.

Where are you bitches pre-ordering this from? This has shot up to the top of my list. I take it that there will be a big following of people from here getting this game?

I preordered on Amazon months ago - not knowing just how freakin awesome this would be!! And you get access to the Beta version if you pre order from there - I got my Beta code email a couple of days ago. According to the Destiny website, you also get access if you pre order from Game and Gamestop too.

Edited by ShavenWolf

Not keen on the white PS4 at all. I think they should change more than just the base colour on both the console and DS4. For example the PS4 should have a light grey part in between and a lighter coloured strip for the light on top. The controller should have a light grey touchpad and buttons, too.

And how can they put the picture of the stand on the box, in what appears to be a "what's in this box" image, and then say sold separately!

Anyway, can't wait for that bundle since I want in the beta :p

I like that and think the black is needed on the controller to create some contrast.

It still doesn't look as good as some of these unofficial ones.

Damn, I would kill for these:

PS4_Teal_Color_Variation_20.jpg?57efa4

PS4_Yellow_Color_Variation_06.jpg?57efa4

Love the PS4 design. It looks oh so very cool.

Needs to be red. Everything needs to be red.

Watching Daft play this now. So pretty. So pastely.

I preordered on Amazon months ago - not knowing just how freakin awesome this would be!! And you get access to the Beta version if you pre order from there - I got my Beta code email a couple of days ago. According to the Destiny website, you also get access if you pre order from Game and Gamestop too.

I think I'll go with Amazon, will shop around first. It's sad that this isn't coming out a month or so earlier. Think I'll struggle to play this with the new school year. Going to go ahead and get it, it'll be my late evening/weekend fix. :D