NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

It sounds pretty interesting. Although the themes and motifs seem familiar, the gameplay sounds more like PSO.

I love that this has been in ODST all along

destiny_awaits.jpg

artcile_3.jpg

So, our game is called Destiny.

In a matter of days, we're going to give you your first glimpse into the vision and ambition that's driving the creation of our brave new world. To make room for the resulting chatter, we've launched some official social media channels. There’s a new Destiny page to like on Facebook, a new Destiny feed to follow on Twitter, and a new Destiny page on Google+. And, of course, we've opened a new Destiny forum here on Bungie.net where you can discuss upcoming news.

and on their facebook -

Welcome to the official Destiny Facebook page. Official Destiny news is coming soon!

You can be the first to see the reveal of Destiny right here on Feb. 17 (T-Minus 5 days)

http://www.bungie.net/en-US/View/community/blog/News?aid=10219

Rumour has it this will be an Xbox timed exclusive which will make me sad, but I can wait. I hate Microsoft's tactic of signing timed exclusives instead of propagating their own IPs so they ain't getting my buck.

How frickin' exciting is next week gonna be!! :D

HUGE game reveal in the form of Destiny... do we know what consoles it's coming out on? PS3/360 or PS4/720 and have they said no Wii U version?

And then Sony on Feb 20th!! :D FUUUUUUCK!!

I think we can safely assume there isn't going to be a Wii U version (for now) since I doubt there would have been enough information on it to allow it to have been factored into the development.

Got to say, in the past week, I've found my gaming fatigue has lifted. Ni No Kuni is amazing. I'm ready for God of War. My Vita is getting more and more play time, pre-ordered Persona 4 for it. And Metal Gear Rising is getting surprisingly positive review scores.

Also, SEVEN DAYS LEFT.

I must admit I haven't been following this, but if the formats aren't known, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was a Durango exclusive - shown to pre-empt the Sony event on the 20th, if you like. I know it's a bit far-fetched to show a game before the console, but if there's one way Microsoft would want to do it, it'd be with a Bungie game.

lNeGBy9.jpg

destinyfront.jpg

destinyback.jpg

destiny_preorder.jpg

Some preorder stuff. Sounds like Firefall maybe (not yet released still in beta). If its coming on PS3 and 360 then it wont be so ambitious.

I wonder if games will want to attempt Planetside 2's MMO combat?

Edited by Choze

With how vague that video was, all I can imagine is some kind of Borderlands-Halo mix with the style of multiplayer from Journey (which, even know I loved the game, was one aspect I wasn't a fan of).

Also, that sphere looks like it's ready to drop at any moment. Why would anyone build a city under it?

Also, that sphere looks like it's ready to drop at any moment. Why would anyone build a city under it?

Why do people continue to live in Tokyo, or San Francisco, or near Mt. St. Helens? Hell, there's even this place.

(or the Shetland Isles)

Bungie have just shown a video of their upcoming FPS called Destiny. It looks like a brilliant game, but noone knows what formats it'll be for.

In this video I saw something that perhaps might indicate that the game may come for the Wii U, or perhaps even be exclusive. That is when the video zooms in on someone's cellphone and he writes the text "my body is ready", which may or may not be a reference to Reggies infamous quote.

Bungie have just shown a video of their upcoming FPS called Destiny. It looks like a brilliant game, but noone knows what formats it'll be for.

In this video I saw something that perhaps might indicate that the game may come for the Wii U, or perhaps even be exclusive. That is when the video zooms in on someone's cellphone and he writes the text "my body is ready", which may or may not be a reference to Reggies infamous quote.

The details that have been released say that it's coming for 360, PS3, next Xbox and PS4...no sign of Wii U unfortunately

My body is ready is a meme, they will just be referencing that.

but i'll happily be proved wrong

Well, it's a bit odd that he would say something clearly linked with Nintendo if it wasn't some kind of sly nod to Wii U owners.

I wouldn't be surprised if this came to Wii U nor would I be surprised if it didn't. After all, Activision are publishing it and they're usually pretty good at making sure games are on as many platforms as possible. However, with it being the Wii U, you never know what's going to make the cut and what isn't!

That "my body is ready" quote is clearly linked to Reggie. It's our only sliver of hope that it's coming to Wii U but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't though like everything else is giving it a miss. Maybe they're saving the announcement for the upcoming 3rd party Wii U Nintendo Direct.

Watching that 'ViDoc' was kinda cringe-worthy... especially with the music constantly playing in the background, it makes the Bungie staff sound like parodies of the rather cliche character types that reside in their games. :blank:

Also the end quote...

'How can anything be bigger than Halo? I guess we'll find out...'

Delightfully arrogant, it's only a series which has been around for a decade or so, not say... twenty-five years like some games. :indeed:

I'm sure it won't be that hard for them to better something which was fast becoming stale before they handed it over to another developer who actually managed to give it a reasonably decent lease of life despite still being rather familiar. :wink:

Still, I'll watch this with vague interest as it has potential, what kind of potential remains to be seen though. :heh:

The video was so vague that it's hard to tell anything. They don't appear to be supporting PC, even though it seems like the kind of game that would do insanely well on PC.

Bungie's hubris is just disgusting. I'm glad that the response to this so far has been negative.

I hope that they either come down to earth, or that this game falls flat on its face.

From first looks, it just seems to be "just another space shooter", which is a bit sad. I was saying to a friend before the reveal that I really hope it isn't one. There's some interesting teases that could make it stand out, and I hope it does

Fun fact, in the source code of the Destiny site, it DOES have a Platform handler

var platformClasses = mem.platformClasses = {

pc: "platform-pc",

ps3: "platform-ps3",

ps4: "platform-ps4",

xbox: "platform-xbox",

xbox720: "platform-xbox720",

wiiu: "platform-wiiu",

psvista: "platform-psvita"

};

Wouldn't take it as a guarantee though