NEurope
Serebii

Free game if you have a 3DS XL

Did you sent any msg to support service?

I did about a week ago. I haven't received a reply...

I'm gonna wait another week before sending another message to them though, as I doubt that I'd get a response over Xmas week.

Edited by Dcubed

I still have no idea how to find the place on the website where I can chose my game... I've read this whole thread and a few other sites and I still can't find it. Is the offer over?

EDIT: Ignore me. God that's well hidden!

Edited by Hamishmash

Just did mine.

Plumped for Mario 3d Land (despite previously owning and completing it before I sold it with my original 3ds early this year...)

I chose it because the others are the kind that I see going down in price and I don't think Mario will... as per all Mario games :laughing:

Plus, I really really want to play it again and 5 star my profile unlike last time. Damn assist items! :nono:

Looking forward to always having it on my 3ds for play whenever!

Bought my girlfriend a 3DS XL for Christmas with Mario Kart 7 built in, which was a no-brainer considering we can go on multiplayer both when she's here and when she's not. Trying to decide on the free game now though...

She said Super Mario 3D Land looks the most fun, but I already have it, so she can just play mine. However, it would be nice for her to have without needing the game card and it's likely it'll never come down in price due to its popularity.

Professor Layton would be the one I would choose if it were for me, but not sure if it'd be her bag as she's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, bless her.

She likes the look of New Style Boutique but she's not sure if it's more for 7 year old girls.

She likes to draw, so Art Academy is looking the most likely choice, but I've heard Colors 3D is better (and it's cheaper, so to speak) and you can get Art Academy for just £20.

The only thing we're both sure of is that we don't want Freakyforms Deluxe, doesn't look interesting at all and got bad reviews.

Argh!! Nice problem to have though :cool:

Bought my girlfriend a 3DS XL for Christmas with Mario Kart 7 built in, which was a no-brainer considering we can go on multiplayer both when she's here and when she's not. Trying to decide on the free game now though...

She said Super Mario 3D Land looks the most fun, but I already have it, so she can just play mine. However, it would be nice for her to have without needing the game card and it's likely it'll never come down in price due to its popularity.

Professor Layton would be the one I would choose if it were for me, but not sure if it'd be her bag as she's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, bless her.

She likes the look of New Style Boutique but she's not sure if it's more for 7 year old girls.

She likes to draw, so Art Academy is looking the most likely choice, but I've heard Colors 3D is better (and it's cheaper, so to speak) and you can get Art Academy for just £20.

The only thing we're both sure of is that we don't want Freakyforms Deluxe, doesn't look interesting at all and got bad reviews.

Argh!! Nice problem to have though :cool:

Don't underestimate New Style Boutique!

Apparently it's meant to have huge amounts of depth and is a bit of a monster when you get stuck into it.

Even guys are all over it!

I know a few people here have already opted for that over the others and even I was tempted! :D

Well the decision isn't mine ultimately. Think she'll be going for the art one as she loves to draw.

But we'll see... :D

Ha oh yeah.

There all pretty decent games in their own right so I can see why it's a difficult choice!

On the topic of this though I've just had my Mario Land code emailed to me :D so there's my evening sorted!!

In fact scrap that! Can't download til January 1st :( wondered why my code was showing as invalid!! Doh

I asked for professor layton but have now changed my mind and want super mario 3d land as i regretted flogging it. Emailed nintendo and they just said no. No one would fancy swapping codes would they by any chance?

Erm...I haven't been sent a code yet. Did everyone else get theirs straight away?

She went for Art Academy in the end.

Erm...I haven't been sent a code yet. Did everyone else get theirs straight away?

She went for Art Academy in the end.

Nope. Still waiting on mine too.

Gonna give them a ring later on today...

Edit: Ok, so I just rang them... Apparantly they're releasing the codes in batches, with the next one being sent out tomorrow.

The one after that hits within the first week of January. If I don't receive it by Jan 7th, then something would've gone wrong and they'll chase it up for me.

Hopefully it'll just get emailed to me tomorrow, but I'm glad to know that nothing has really gone wrong for me :)

Edited by Dcubed

Mario Land is currently downloading...

IMG_20121231_221504.jpg

Edited by Ike

Yup downloaded mine a little while ago.

edit -

It let me redeem another set of stars points for it even though I already had them for Mario 3d Land.

Edited by bryanee

I thought you could only D/L from 1st Jan?

Any how I am currently in the middle of downloading Mario 3d Land myself now!! : peace:

It'll have to take a back seat though as I desperately try and start Mario Kart 7 again ready for the league! I have a new copy of the game so nothings unlocked! :shakehead

Still, gives me chance to practice! :heh:

I set my 3DS to Sleep Mode download New Style Boutique last night. Good job too, as it's bloody massive! :o

Pretty sure it's the biggest DD game on the system so far. Almost 13,000 blocks!

I set my 3DS to Sleep Mode download New Style Boutique last night. Good job too, as it's bloody massive! :o

Pretty sure it's the biggest DD game on the system so far. Almost 13,000 blocks!

Yeah it currently is the biggest game on the eShop (about 1.5GB, beaten only by MH3U in Japan, which is around 1.8GB and Bravely Default, which is around 1.9GB)

BTW, this game also marks the end of my 8GB SD Card. I'm actually gonna have to delete some demos to make space for NSB! (good thing that I've got a 64GB card coming in the post, that should keep me going for a while :) )

Edited by Dcubed

good thing that I've got a 64GB card coming in the post, that should keep me going for a while :)
64GB? Whoa! :eek: You planning to get a lot of games via DD then?

I've got a 16GB card for my 3DS (which is now down to 87,000 blocks) but I don't plan to get any more "retail" DD games. Unless Nintendo lower the eShop prices... a lot. ;)

I've got a 16GB card for my 3DS (which is now down to 87,000 blocks) but I don't plan to get any more "retail" DD games. Unless Nintendo lower the eShop prices... a lot. ;)

Not necessarily many retail games per-say, but I wanted something that would last me till the end of the generation (and I had an Amazon voucher that I needed to use up anyway, with not much else I wanted to buy off there :p)

With a deluge of eShop titles to come and stuff like Code of Princess looking likely to be eShop only here in Europe, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up using the whole thing by the end!

Just in case anyone is after a 3DS XL I actually have two that I'm willing to sell, both brand new in box, have only been taken out to check for dead pixels and apply the latest updates a few months ago.

I have one in Blue and one in Silver available for £150 each including postage or £175 which will come with a sealed copy of Tales of the Abyss.

Reply or PM me if you're interested, obviously if you wanted to get one in time to register and get the free game then you'll need to have it in-hand before January 15th so I'm looking to sell asap if anyone is wanting one. : peace:

I might create a thread in the sales board but I'll see if there is any interest here first. :)

I don't plan to get any more "retail" DD games. Unless Nintendo lower the eShop prices... a lot. ;)

Animal Crossing..?

This is actually my third retail digital download.

You won't get any then. Unfortunately they're grabbed into the price by retailers who will not stock Nintendo stuff if Nintendo try to undercut them by selling for less than RRP

Best we can hope for are sales

You won't get any then. Unfortunately they're grabbed into the price by retailers who will not stock Nintendo stuff if Nintendo try to undercut them by selling for less than RRP

Best we can hope for are sales

Nothing stopping Nintendo or other publishers from dropping the RRP though. That's what Gaijin Games are doing with Bit Trip Saga...

Or better yet, NOE and NOA may eventually release the download cards at retail and this nonsense will finally come to a happy end :)

I thought you could only D/L from 1st Jan?

Just a guess, but I suspect we were allowed to download them as soon as it became 1st January in Australia, as technically that is our territory (or rather, Australia is combined with the European territory).

Thanks for posting this Serebii, I used this as a step by step guide to help download the free game on my mums new 3DS XL :)

Still waiting for the damn code... Jesus Christ, how long DOES it take?

Me too. I've already rung em up twice to light a fire under their arse and I've still not gotten it yet! :mad: