NEurope
Hogge

Quick questions

Hey.

I've got an assignment to ask people some stuff. So please do help out : peace:

What do you take in to consideration when you buy games?

Whose oppinions matter to you?

What makes you feel succesful in your life?

What are your ambitions?

Your questions do not promote quick, one-word answers so you'll not get as many responses as you may want.

The price tag and whether the game is worth it -- i.e. a 6/10 is worth £10 but a 8/10 is not worth £40 (for me)

I have yet to find a critic that agrees with me, and I have more patience with 'average' games than the common gamer, so I tend to give it time then listen to the opinion of someone who bought the game, rather than a reviewer, who is pressured into pigeon-holing a game.

Assuming the 'oppinions' you refer to are to be about games. Considering the rest of your questions, this is curious.

Who says I feel successful?

What are your ambitions?

To be comfortable.

What's this all about?

My gut. I just have a feeling about games, usually from quite early on. I just know.

Whose opinions matter to you?

Mine. I enjoyed reading NGamer/NGC/N64's reviews, but that was more for the entertainment than opinion.

What makes you feel successful in your life?

I suppose my job does, and how much weight my opinion and ideas carry in it.

What are your ambitions?

I don't really have any at the moment. I'm contempt.

Price, genre, whether I like the sounds of it (so, like Cube, my gut instinct).

Nobody's in particular, but I will listen to a friend much more than a reviewer.

At the minute nothing, but I'd say a decent job and a family.

What are your ambitions?

Having the same as the above answer.

I'm contempt.

I don't know why you feel that way, but if there's anything I can do to help.

. I'm contempt.

Gods, Cube, I wish I had known it was you. I mean, I've given you away to so many people... The amount of times I've said "I have nothing but Contempt for you".

You might find a lot of people I've met come knocking on your door claiming that they own you...sorry about that.

Is the game something other than COD or Halo? -> Don't buy

Is the game COD or Halo? -> Buy

That of the people I will be playing the game with, I don't play by myself, only multiplayer with friends.

Good job that I enjoy.

What are your ambitions?

My short term goal is to drop significant bodyfat by end of January to get in shape for holiday.

Normally from watching videos, looking at screenshots etc. I don't pay attention to review scores, after having realised that most critics are morons.

On games? My own really. If i like a game, i'll buy the sequels and games like it.

Not sure....job? Family?

What are your ambitions?

Get a good job, raise a family. Other than that i'm pretty contempt.

What do you take into consideration when you buy games?

Mostly the prices. Like, to me, I don't think that Call of Duty is worth £40 since it's the same thing I've played for years but I would happily pay £40 for something like Gears of War which doesn't have a sequel once a year or a really good game. My price ranges from £1 (yes, I've bought good games for this much) to £20 mostly. The main thing I take into consideration is whether the game is good and whether it's challenging for me.

It's very rare I'll take anybody's opinion on board because I like a lot of games people don't. Like my friends warned me from playing Dead Island, telling me it's awful and stuff but I took the risk this year and bought it for £15 GOTY edition and adored it from start to finish. I had so much fun playing it. I also love Final Fantasy XIII which is unpopular to a lot of people but I can see why this is. So if I look at a game and think it's good, I'll buy it.

I don't know how to answer this one, really. I suppose I would say being happy with my life but I want more from it so I don't know. I love my job and my family and stuff so life is okay for the moment but I'd like a place of my own, a girlfriend, a couple of children...

What are your ambitions?

To be happy in life with a job I like, my own family and stuff.

Interesting that the first question is about games, the last two are not, and most people assume the second is.

Interesting that the first question is about games, the last two are not, and most people assume the second is.

Maybe that's the study he's doing.

I do factor a few things in with game purchases. If it's a game in the franchise or genre i like, then a purchase is on the cards. If the demo was good, then again a purchase could be on the cards. I do look at videos and screenshots, but not on big titles. I want to enjoy them without being spoiled on knowing some of the plot, locations or stuff like that. Sometimes, it can be a gut purchase as well (e.g Halo 4)

I do sometimes take reviews into consideration, but most of the time it's friends or my own opinion if a title is worth a purchase or not. Sometimes, E3 can influence me to purchase a title.

Friends, family and employment. Gives me a purpose in life

What are your ambitions?

To do well in life and be happy.

If it's pretty, has a good story, fun/wacky, not one-dimensional or cheap (repetition for play time etc.), replayable.

Are oppinions the opposite of an opinion? Ahem...

No one's, I'm quite headstrong. Well, if it's regarding something practical, it's probably whoever I trust on the subject most Regarding things such as looks or entertainment, no one's.

Being self-sufficient, financially independent and being able to support my family. Having a good career. Certifications.

What are your ambitions?

To find out what I really want to do. To move out of this country.

The videos and descriptions I hear of them. Also, comments made by trustworthy people on the subject, such as those from certain users on this forum.

Those who have proven to have been right in the past (on the subject at hand, I mean). Example, some people I know who seem to be able to figure out multiple sides of life easily.

Though the key aspect of this answer is that I trust all of these people.

As long as I reach whatever goals I set for myself (big or small), I'm happy.

What are your ambitions?

...Have a decent, happy life with my family and trustworthy friends, I suppose. When you have that, every other adversity seems minor.

I can't remember the last time I've actually bought a game but it usually piques my interest if it is aesthetically appealing (think Mario Galaxy style water / ooze effects) and the characters are colourful. I'm obsessed with characters.

Those close around me who I know feel genuinely of my well being. My friends have a variety of interests so having experience in something if I were to inquire is pretty important.

Knowing I've made an effect on others.

What are your ambitions?

To create beautiful things and be the best version of myself.

Review scores and general opinions go pretty far with me. There's no excuse for buying something in this day and age and not realising it was generally considered to be rubbish by anyone who ever touched it.

Reviewers to some extent, especially reputable ones. These days I'll decide if I'm interested in a game before spending some time on websites and forums to get a general "feel" for something based on player/reviewer feedback. Outside of gaming, I try and look to people whose opinions and ideas may be different to mine for some contrast and perspective.

Feeling comfortable that I made the right choices in situations. Unfortunately this does not happen often.

What are your ambitions?

I'd like to be able to answer this question effectively some time in the future.

Edited by Guy