NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Launch Day Buyers: What's your plan of action?

So, your console is bought, setup and has all of the updates. What will be the first thing you do or play on the console?

Will you check out the Miiverse? Get to grips with the controller by playing Nintendoland? Or will you decide to play NSMBU on the pot? :D

Straight onto CoD, online, set up my controls and start blasting through the prestiges. Once I've got the Class set-ups I want, then it'll be gaming with the N-E Clan gunning down all that come across our path!

I'll not play other games until I've gone through and sorted out my CoD classes.

First order of business is checking out Miiverse and seeing what everyone is up to.

Then a range test to see how far I can go with the thing :)

Then jump straight into Nintendo Land (the other games will get played later :D )

ZombiU for me considering I missed it at Play Expo due to my nephew being under age. Then check out the eShop and Miiverse.

If my youngest nephew is around we'll probably play on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed before going onto New Super Mario Bros. U.

After he's gone home in the afternoon, I'll probably have a look at the eShop before trying Nintendo Land and playing a few games of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Then as the evening progresses it's time to try out ZombieU.

Plan is to get it and probably just pleasure myself over the fact I'm playing a Nintendo console with HD graphics for a short while. Then, enjoy some of the games I'm getting such as Sega Racing, Mario, etc. :D

Not long now!!

Check out Miiverse and add lots of people from here to it. Then play Nintendo Land and hope for lots of entertaining Miiverse posts whilst I play. :heh:

I will be pottering around the Miiverse to see what it's all about before playing NSMBU. I will probably pop in the likes of, Nintendoland, Sega Racing and Tank! Tank! Tank! during the course of the day. ZombiU will be played once it's dark, it's the only way to play such a game. :D

Well, my girlfriend of two years is moving in this weekend. So she's coming to the midnight launch with me, then being packed off to her mate's for the weekend!

When I get back from the midnight launch I'm going to do a very careful and loving unboxing before setting up the console and doing the big system update. Once I've done that I'm going to do the individual game updates for Black Ops 2 and Nintendo Land.

Then, the most important thing will be to set up my online profile! I'm hoping to get he name I want. Then, once that is done I might have time for a quick blast on Black Ops to set up my controls - leave my thoughts on the forum, then bed.

Up super early Friday morning, red bull for breakfast, call @kav82 and start gaming!

Telling the guy that's fitting my new bathroom to make his own cups of tea and to keep the noise down.

Then locking myself in my games room and trying out ZombiU :)

Plan of action starts before I get the Wii U.

Depending on what time the store opens. Will go in tomorrow to check if they plan to open early or not.

Hoping they open round 8am or earlier, I'll be able to go in for opening then. But if it's their normal opening at 9am I prolly won't get in till 9.30 cause I said I'd give my mother a lift to her work at 8.45 :mad:

Either way when I get home with my Wii U, I'll set it up (still debating if I'll do an unboxing vid for my YT or not?) and will prolly watch the update take place just to see how long it takes...have breakfast while that happens (if it is long)....maybe make a video blog while it is happening about it?

When that is ready, will sort out my Nintendo Network ID and stuff (or can that be done before updating?)

Then prolly play NintendoLand first see what that is like, my son will prolly try have a go too... we'll see how that goes.... try CoD in the afternoon when son takes his afternoon nap and ZombiU after dinner when it gets dark :wink:, maybe squeeze in a bit more CoD depending how stuck into ZombiU I get.

Will have to force myself to stop though at 9.35pm as the Late Late Toy Show is on then (only Irish people will understand this.... it marks my traditional begining of Christmas...if I miss it then Christmas doesn't happen !!!)

Well, my girlfriend of two years is moving in this weekend. So she's coming to the midnight launch with me, then being packed off to her mate's for the weekend!

Would make a good mastercard advert

- Getting a Wii U on lauch day, Premium pack: 360 euro (or whatever it costs...I forget I got a ZombiU pack ordered)

- Getting rid of the g/f for launch weekend..... Priceless

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

1. Open box and setup Wii U as fast as possible. :hehe:
  2. Do the system update and pray that there's no power cut. :hmm:
  3. Spend the rest of the day in Nintendo Land. :love:

Will have to force myself to stop though at 9.35pm as the Late Late Toy Show is on then (only Irish people will understand this.... it marks my traditional begining of Christmas...if I miss it then Christmas doesn't happen !!!)
Late Late Toy Show? :wtf:...

*checks YT*

:eek:

Dude... I think you should miss Christmas this year. :heh:

Up super early Friday morning, red bull for breakfast, call @kav82 and start gaming!

Oh its like that is it...

Anyway, the plan:

ShopTo ship early, get it Thursday.

System Update

Set up account

Browse Miiverse

Transfer Wii data to Wii U

Play Zombiu

Go out and buy Black Ops 2 on Friday Morning at 9am from Argos, play that all Friday and Weekend.

Don't let me down ShopTo!

Annoyingly I have an actor staying with me as I'm working on my next play. He leaves Saturday morning - ARGH!!!

So it arrives Friday, after work go home, set up system update on the go while we go out for food and drinks and congratulate each other on the week while I fantasises or contemplate feigning illness to get home. Once home set up account and browse miiverse

Saturday morning boot him out and whack nintendoland on. I have a week off work so the days will be all the happy pretty games and the evning on Zombi u and online gaming!! PERFECT!!!

Can't freaking wait!!

Oh its like that is it...

For the record, Friday's gaming will also be spent with @Mokong X\-C and hopefully others from this forum! I can't wait!

Telling the guy that's fitting my new bathroom to make his own cups of tea and to keep the noise down.

I nearly choked on my food while reading that. Well done, sir! :D

Probably setting it up and having fun creating my Mii again.

Then handing it over to the police because I stole someone else's :(

Yes, I guess it's counting euros for me that day.

Get back from the midnight launch and set the big system update downloading. Maybe try to get an hour's sleep before going back to it to check on progress. Potter around on Miiverse once my NNID has been set up (still haven't decided what I'm going to go for..) and depending on the time, have a bit of a go on Nintendoland. Get a few hours' sleep if I'm lucky, and get up as usual at half five. Another half an hour of Nintendoland or Mario, if I have that by Thursday, and then off to school to teach a class of 36 9-year-olds all day, spending most of the day wishing that I wasn't there!

Leave school as soon as I can, laden with marking to do at an unspecified time, then spend most of the rest of the evening on the Wii U (stopping only for Coronation Street :red:). Ah yes, then off to London to see the Spice Girls musical on Saturday (:red: :red:). Come to think of it, I don't think I have any hobbies that a large section of the population wouldn't look down on me for... ;)

Erm, Probably have a nosey at Miiverse and other stuff with the console then boot up ZombieU or maybe Nintendo Land.

Thats if the delivery company leave my ShopTo order with a neighbour as no-one will be in! :\

Get back from the midnight launch and set the big system update downloading. Maybe try to get an hour's sleep before going back to it to check on progress. Potter around on Miiverse once my NNID has been set up (still haven't decided what I'm going to go for..) and depending on the time, have a bit of a go on Nintendoland. Get a few hours' sleep if I'm lucky, and get up as usual at half five. Another half an hour of Nintendoland or Mario, if I have that by Thursday, and then off to school to teach a class of 36 9-year-olds all day, spending most of the day wishing that I wasn't there!

Leave school as soon as I can, laden with marking to do at an unspecified time, then spend most of the rest of the evening on the Wii U (stopping only for Coronation Street :red:). Ah yes, then off to London to see the Spice Girls musical on Saturday (:red: :red:). Come to think of it, I don't think I have any hobbies that a large section of the population wouldn't look down on me for... ;)

Do you need to stop to watch Corrie? I plan on carrying on whilst watching the telly, because now I can!

1. System update

2. Miiverse and account creation

3. Wii data transfer.

4. Trade in Wii.

5. Explore the OS and add as many people to my friends list as pos.

6. Play games with bluey and my friend who is coming over for the weekend.

7. See if I can afford BLOPS2

8. Confront reality about affording BLOPS2 and :weep:

9. Cheer up as I hunt down @Ashley , @Fierce_LiNk and anyone else's reanimated corpse on ZombiU and knick all their shit.

Will hopefully pick up the console early Friday morning, got the day off especially for it! Once I get back I'll probably spend a fair while looking through all the options, getting the a/v stuff optimised for my tv and surround system. Then I'll check out miiverse and have a little play on that. Then I'll check on here for some Nintendo IDs and see what you all think of your launch games! I'll be giving each game an hour playtime before I resurface for food.

Got a friend's birthday Fri eve and GF's house party on Sat so I won't get a lot of playtime this weekend. Got a gaming weekend planned with mates next weekend so I'll be able to catch up then!

Friday 30th: Get up... go to work... Hope the Wife is in for the courier) Get home... Lovingly look at the box... go to work's Christmas party (Grease Tribute night!)... Get home at around midnight... say good bye to in-law baby sitters...;

Set up console... perform Update... (hope it's not like the American debacle)... Rapidly register my NintendoNetworkID, Make a Mii... go to bed (unless I'm too excited too)...

Spend the WHOLE of Saturday playing with the Miiverse and Nintedoland (I can guarantee I wont have ZombiU or Mario U as they're from Zavvi... ) whislt my wife and daughter put up the X-Mas Deccies!!

Perfect!

Transfer Wii data at a much Later date.