NEurope
D_prOdigy

SEGA 3D Classics

A good choice! Should look really cool in 3D and it's a very different kind of game to be included in this series (the last was a tad heavy on the side scrolling platformers and Super Scalar games. A bit more variety is much appreciated :) )

Fantasy Zone looks cool... Do we know what other games are coming? I would LOVE Streets of Rage 2 3D :D

Fantasy Zone looks cool... Do we know what other games are coming? I would LOVE Streets of Rage 2 3D :D

No idea. Suppose we find out when we find out...

I bet we'll see SOR 2 eventually though. If not as a part of this series, then as part of the probable series 3 :)

I have my doubts about it being as part of this series because I think they want to focus on delivering 3D experiences that haven't really been seen yet. SOR2 woudn't really look surprising in any respect since it would basically look just like SOR1 3D.

Something like Ristar, Gunstar Heroes or Sonic 2 or 3&K would look very different though, due to the crazy parallax and 3D effects used in their respective bonus stages; so I would imagine that we're more likely to see those games than SOR2 in the short term.

Edited by Dcubed

I really want Sonic 2 and 3&K, the sega offerings are far better than the 3D classics nintendo offered originally, they are choosing some of their best games for them for a start

Fantasy Zone looks like a cool adition to my ever increasing 3DS library of eshop/download games

BOOM!

tumblr_inline_n2xfx2jgoR1rmjx4g.jpg

And there it is :)

The actual page isn't up yet, but this greyed out logo was found on the site...

btn_main11.jpg

Woo! :D

Edited by Dcubed

BOOM!

tumblr_inline_n2xfx2jgoR1rmjx4g.jpg

And there it is :)

The actual page isn't up yet, but this greyed out logo was found on the site...

btn_main11.jpg

Woo! :D

Yes! :yay:

excited-baby.gif

I'm curious if the car will be replaced by a generic model.

TBH, I hope they don't bother trying to secure the Ferrari license. It's not worth it if it means that the game just gets pulled from the eShop eventually when the license expires (just like with Outrun Online Arcade on PS360).

They'll probably wait until this second series of 3D Classics is already done and then release them in one go over here, like last time.

OutRun is so good. The music... :love:

They'll probably wait until this second series of 3D Classics is already done and then release them in one go over here, like last time.

Fancy working out an estimated release window based on your theory? :)

OutRun is so good. The music... :love:

Fancy working out an estimated release window based on your theory? :)

Depends on how long the other games in this series take to be made and released in Japan... The last series was 8 games long and they've only released 3 in this series so far (Afterburner 2, Fantasy Zone and Outrun). The first series was released over a period of 9 months (December 2012-August 2013) and by this point last time they had already released 5 out of the 8 games...

So probably not before the end of 2014 (more likely mid 2015...). I do reckon we'll see them localised quicker than last time, but I doubt we'll see them over here before year's end...

Edited by Dcubed

The next game in the series has been revealed and it's...

img_logo.jpg

Fantasy Zone 2! But not JUST Fantasy Zone 2...

It includes the original Master System game and THIS!

sub_h1_01.gif

Yup! It also includes a 3D version of the System 16 remake that M2 did for the SEGA Ages collection!

But that's not all! Because there's an all new mode too!

sub_h1_02.gif

It's basically an endless mode of sorts where the stages are mashed together and loop endlessly to see how far you make it. There are also coins that you collect along the way to keep a combo multiplier going.

From what I can gather over on Neogaf, this is supposedly the last game in this current series (NOOOO!!!!)

Edited by Dcubed

From what I can gather over on Neogaf, this is supposedly the last game in this current series (NOOOO!!!!)
But that's a good thing:

:)

Wheres my Sonic 2/3/spinball and Knuckles

One thing at a time. OutRun 3D for us is the priority right now. :)

It looks like I was wrong! There's one more at least and it's...

http://archives.sega.jp/3d/tb/

img_key.jpg

Yup! The M2 guys got their wish and the running gag got turned into an actual release! :D

This will be the first time that the original Arcade version of Thunder Blade has ever had a home release! :D

img_ss08.jpg

Supports gyro controls and dual analog Circle Pad Pro controls and features the rotating cabinet from 3D Galaxy Force 2 & 3D Space Harrier Other features are being kept secret until release :)

Edited by Dcubed

Packaged version coming to Japan this December.

Arcade classics included: Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone and Outrun

Mega Drive classics included: Shinobi, Streets of Rage and Ecco.

Bonus inclusions: Space Harrier 3D and Outrun 3D from Master System.

It's kind of at a budget price for Japanese releases, converts to just under £25 with today's exchange rate. Illustration by Ken Sugimori, so I think I may get this imported.

If the 3DS homebrew eventuates and brings region free capabilities I'll definitely be importing a copy of this.

CONFIRMED!!! :bouncy:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924406

The SEGA 3D Classics range will make a return in early 2015, with the publisher today confirming their plans to spotlight the company’s arcade history through monthly releases.

This will be led by 3D After Burner II, which will then be followed in each successive month by 3D Fantasy Zone, 3D OutRun, 3D Fantasy Zone II and 3D Thunder Blade – arriving one at a time. These build on the critical success that the first batch have achieved, with developer M2 working to recreate the vintage arcade experience, while delivering new modes, options, and original musical tracks.

“These games were completely re-built to offer a robust 3D experience that offers more modern gameplay while still keeping true to the original,” comments SEGA of America president John Cheng. “These are the best versions of some of our most unforgettable games and playing them is just like sitting in an arcade machine.”

Each game will be priced at £4.49 (€4.99/$5.99) and will be exclusively available for Nintendo 3DS through the Nintendo eShop.

WOOHOO!!! Bring em on!! :bouncy: