NEurope
Aneres11

It's time to decide - post your launch game choices!

I believe this month-old list from the other 'launch day purchase' thread still stands:

My launch day games:

• Nintendo Land (packed with Premium Pack)
  • New Super Mario Bros U

Games I will purchase on day of their release:

• Pikmin 3
  • Rayman Legends

Games I am curious about:

• Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Lego City Undercover

In addition to the disc games above, I am very interested in these download-only games:

• Toki Tori 2
  • Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition
  • Chasing Aurora

I believe this month-old list from the other 'launch day purchase' thread still stands:

In addition to the disc games above, I am very interested in these download-only games:

• Toki Tori 2
  • Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition
  • Chasing Aurora

It's a shame that Toki Tori 2 isn't a launch day game though (supposedly it's hitting in December instead - otherwise I'd be counting it on my own list ;) )

Nintendo Land (with premium)

And...undecided.

Either FIFA , COD or AC3.

E-shop - Little Inferno.

Gutted there's no LEGO City on Launch day. :nono:

060612_lego_city_undercover_t.jpg

It's a shame that Toki Tori 2 isn't a launch day game though (supposedly it's hitting in December instead - otherwise I'd be counting it on my own list ;) )

That is indeed a shame. It looks so incredibly great!

After reading that Chasing Aurora is a high-score-focused game, I begin to think it may not be for me. I hope they release a demo! I want to desire the game, it looks stunning.

Nintendo Land (with premium)

And...undecided.

Either FIFA , COD or AC3.

E-shop - Little Inferno.

Gutted there's no LEGO City on Launch day. :nono:

060612_lego_city_undercover_t.jpg

What IS there on launch day that isn't available anywhere else, really? It's all looking a bit weak to me; the thing I'd get a Wii U for is exclusives but I don't see anything much in the exclusive sense available other than ZombiU(not really for me), Nintendoland(feels like a half game/showcase more than a real thing), and NSMBU(wow this is original!). Hence you can see why I am not getting a WiiU on launch. I want to iterate, I'm not trying to make a point of hating - but it's a genuine concern I think will stifle the console's launch which I feel should be a spectacular affair - right now I'm not really seeing it like that. All the good stuff/stuff I want seems to be next year?

I see what you mean Rummy - and there's hardly a AAA original title there. Then again, AC3 and BLOPS2 are big "new" third party games that seem to sell over the Christmas period.

For me it's the experience the console will offer that's key. I'm happy to get one on launch as I know the software is coming and the Miiverse/eShop/GamePad and multiplayer games will be great fun off the bat. Nintendoland will be great fun over Christmas and games like FIFA/BLOPS2/AC will give me that core experience missing from the Wii. Then there's games like Scribblenauts which will be great fun and, in the new year Rayman etc.

I DO hope Nintendo do something big on the WiiU store...like, say...Gamecube re-releases. That would spice the launch up a bit.

I see what you mean Rummy - and there's hardly a AAA original title there. Then again, AC3 and BLOPS2 are big "new" third party games that seem to sell over the Christmas period.

For me it's the experience the console will offer that's key. I'm happy to get one on launch as I know the software is coming and the Miiverse/eShop/GamePad and multiplayer games will be great fun off the bat. Nintendoland will be great fun over Christmas and games like FIFA/BLOPS2/AC will give me that core experience missing from the Wii. Then there's games like Scribblenauts which will be great fun and, in the new year Rayman etc.

I DO hope Nintendo do something big on the WiiU store...like, say...Gamecube re-releases. That would spice the launch up a bit.

I read somewhere that I can't recall that they will be doing gc releases on the store, although no idea if at launch - would definitely be a good idea though. Would be nice especially if some of the rarer GC games became available via download for those who never got the oppurtunity to play originally.

I am geting

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

FIFA 13

Christmas games

Nintendo Land

New Super Mario Bros. U

Assassin's Creed 3 Join Or Die Edition

ZombiU

I am geting

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

FIFA 13

Christmas games

Nintendo Land

New Super Mario Bros. U

Assassin's Creed 3 Join Or Die Edition

ZombiU

You getting the basic wii u?

You getting the basic wii u?

No ZombiU bundle but haveing the game for Christmas and I am geting the games at launch but I can have Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Fifa 13 now

No ZombiU bundle but haveing the game for Christmas and I am geting the games at launch but I can have Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Fifa 13 now

Your mum is good to you! Is that because you'd prefer the multiplayer games more straight away?

Your mum is good to you! Is that because you'd prefer the multiplayer games more straight away?

I don't play Fifa in multiplayer and I wanted Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 to play now

Wy don't you play fifa online? You scared of my Tottenham team raping your Man U team?

I'll be getting:

• Nintendo Land (comes with the console, so not really a choice there)
  • New Super Mario Bros U
  • ZombiU
  • Sega Racing Transformed
  • Arkham City: Armored Edition

My poor, poor wallet...

Wy don't you play fifa online? You scared of my Tottenham team raping your Man U team?

No it's becuse I only like playing Fifa on my own

I agree with @Rummy - there's nothing in the launch line up that I consider to be must-have. But I'll definitely be getting a Wii U when Pikmin and Rayman come out, and they won't have gone down in price by then so that's the only reason I'm buying one at launch instead of waiting for something worthwhile.

As a matter of fact, if I hadn't secured the shopto bundle of ZombiU/NSMBU/NLand then I'd cancel my preorder and wait.

On a side note, I'm currently watching my girlfriend play Mario Galaxy for the first time (can't believe this game is 5 years old by the way!) and her face is a picture, she's having a blast! I know that there'll be something as good as this in the pipeline for Wii U, so that's incentive enough for me to get one.

When I get it at chrimbo, my Toffees will wipe the floor with both of yez! ;)

When I get it at chrimbo, my Toffees will wipe the floor with both of yez! ;)

Bring. It. The fuck. On!

Definitely Getting:

ZombiU

Nintendo Land

New Super Mario Bros U

In addition to these I might pick up Trine 2 on the eshop. I'll also pick up Arkham City (specifically held off of the 360 version to play on WiiU) and Assassins Creed 3 (need to play Revelations first tho) when my funds have recovered slightly!

Also have Lego City Undercover and Pikmin 3 pre-ordered for whenever they come out, and I'm interested in picking up Scribblenauts and Wonderful 101 too. In summary I'm not gonna be short of things to play until Zelda/3D Mario comes out!

Yes my local Game Store is haveing a midnight Launch can't wait I have never been to a Nintendo Home Console midnight launch before I did with the 3DS and I won a 3DS in the raffle

Defo:

• ZombiU
  • Mario (will prob only play this for co-op with gf)
  • Nintendo Land (will play a bit myself but again can see this being a more multiplayer game for me)

And heavily considering Sonic Racing on Wii U but will prob get CoD on 360 at some point.

Just added Sega Racing, Tank!Tank!Tank! and an accessory set to my preorders. I'm still considering ACIII and Tekken Tag 2. My poor wallet. :(

You must get Tekken Tag, it's such a wonderful fighting game and I wish more people who are getting a WiiU would get it, from the talk of it, it's one of the better ports, would be a shame to see this fail :(

You must get Tekken Tag, it's such a wonderful fighting game and I wish more people who are getting a WiiU would get it, from the talk of it, it's one of the better ports, would be a shame to see this fail :(

I really want it because it looks like a total laugh to play, but the amount of quality titles at launch means this may have to get a bump back. I'm trying to finish off Lego Lord of the Rings so if I can get that done by Friday then I will trade it in for £30 credit and nab Tekken or Creed.