NEurope
Jamba

Metroid on Wii U

Reggie pointed out something today when talking to people in the queue for Wii U in the New York. It's Metroid Prime's 10th birthday.

Now the conspiracy theorist in me wants to see this as significant and I am very interested in what Retro have been working on.

So what could happen? Has the 1st person Metroid genre grown stale or is there plenty of blood left in that stone?

For me, Retro are very capable from a technical and visual point of view. If there is anyone outside of the core Nintendo studios who are going to show off what all of these fancy shaders can do, it's them. That and I have a sneaky suspicion that Nintendo are holding back the big guns for holiday 2013 makes me think we will see Metroid from Retro November next year.

I admit that was a strange comment from him. But still I don't think it'll be anything from Retro. Maybe some other sort of celebration, but not another Prime game.

They're adamant about doing something different and I think they're gonna get that chance.

Yeah he did seem to emphasise the birthday and he knew he was being filmed.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD Collection...... Yes Please!! :D

Taking his comments as sincere, Reggie has always been a fan of the Metroid Prime series, mentioning it to Matt at IGN on many occasions (how I miss those days). In that regard, I don't think it's a hint, unfortunately!

Safest bet would be to make Metroid Prime 4. GameCube controls, Retro Studios, simple. However, I would take seriously the idea that the Metroid game in Nintendo Land is an experiment for the future of the 3D series. I still think a 3rd-person Metroid could be as good as the Prime games, but as yet it's unproven.

Get R&D1 making Metroid V!

The main problem with the GamePad is that if you want to utilise it well you have to sacrifice the amazing Wiimote and Nunchuck controls.

Because I was going to say "You could have 3rd person on the TV screen and first person on the Gamepad" but then Metroid Prime 3's controls were so perfect.

The main problem with the GamePad is that if you want to utilise it well you have to sacrifice the amazing Wiimote and Nunchuck controls.

Is the GamePad lightweight enough to be held only by the left hand, maybe resting on the lap, functioning as the Wii Nunchuck? Then you could use the Wii Remote as in Metroid Prime 3, and the right index finger could still reach the touch screen for short commands. When needed, you could easily release hold of the Wii Remote when using the wrist strap, to use the touch screen with more pecision or for a longer period.

Edited by are1981

Yes please :)

An HD Metroid truly setting the bar for what we can expect from the Wii U would be ust purely amazing.