NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The NEW New Super Mario Bros. U Thread

Thank you!

I am excited for this game now. Way more so than a week ago, when I hoped it would be good, but feared it to be mediocre. Then the reviews started sprouting from the earth... Two weeks now. Two weeks!

I wonder how long they'd take without Miyamoto upending the tea table all the time :laughing:

Looks very polished to me. Really can't wait to have a good play. On a personal note, my brother's recovering from a mental illness at the moment and I've found that playing the Wii seems to help him relax and communicate. He actually smiles and becomes his old self. It'll be great sharing this with him in co-op :)

On a personal note, my brother's recovering from a mental illness at the moment and I've found that playing the Wii seems to help him relax and communicate. He actually smiles and becomes his old self. It'll be great sharing this with him in co-op :)

That's really fantastic Lens.

It just shows how much pleasure a game can bring and what it can do to bring families together.

It's why I love Nintendo! :hehe:

I wonder how long they'd take without Miyamoto upending the tea table all the time :laughing:

Looks very polished to me. Really can't wait to have a good play. On a personal note, my brother's recovering from a mental illness at the moment and I've found that playing the Wii seems to help him relax and communicate. He actually smiles and becomes his old self. It'll be great sharing this with him in co-op :)

That's something we can all agree for once is great news.

Cheers guys :)

It just shows how much pleasure a game can bring and what it can do to bring families together.

It's why I love Nintendo! :hehe:

Indeed! It's partly why I can't be too jaded about Nintendo games even when I try!

I intend to get my mates into this too and some Nintendo Land of course. :D

I intend to get my mates into this too and some Nintendo Land of course. :D

Yeah definitely gotta get some Nintendo Land multiplayer going on!

I think NSMB as a whole is a great series for multiplayer, despite only being introduced fairly recently.

There's something old school about sitting in front of a TV with your mate / family member and just going about the adventure together.

Me and my cousin did this all the time back in the Mega Drive days when we were kids growing up and it was brilliant. Games like Batman and Robin, Altered Beast and Golden Axe etc, all played whilst being sat next to each other and trying to get further than last time!

NSMB brings that old school feeling right back for me and I can't wait to play! :bouncy:

Lol. You could've guessed it was something important, he put it under the 'spoiler' button.

Lol. You could've guessed it was something important, he put it under the 'spoiler' button.
No that was me I just changed it. :awesome:

After thinking of what I just saw, I actually wish I had not seen or heard that review.

This was unfortunate. I regret that my enthusiasm caused this.

Isn't this the third New Super Mario Bros. game with an extra world, though? So whether it's the Star World or just a World 9, it's hardly shocking.

:heh:

Isn't this the third New Super Mario Bros. game with an extra world, though? So whether it's the Star World or just a World 9, it's hardly shocking.
:heh:

It's like Father Christmas; everyone knows really, but that doesn't mean you want to be told! ;) Plus it's actually more the specific SMW reference here that's the spoiler, not it being a special world per se. Again though, it could easily be guessed by the number of other influences on the game.

The spoiler...

That's Funky but Outrageous. Then again a Mondo, Groovy, Gnarly, Tubular 90's throwback is good. Before I realised it was just Way Cool and actually Awesome! (couldn't resist!)

Any word if this indeed does have achievements in the game and what they are?

I could swear I saw in one video you get 'medals' for the challenges.

I could swear I saw in one video you get 'medals' for the challenges.

Indeed you do, but I think we were more thinking of ones like this

wiiuachievement.jpg

A friend of mine got hers today and will be playing through so I'll ask her tomorrow if she spotted any