NEurope
Hero-of-Time

The NEW New Super Mario Bros. U Thread

Is it only me that could not give a crap about a box?

Going to download it I reckon. Im looking forward to it.

I came in here intending to ask how you it would cost... thanks!

Does anyone know how big the file size will be?

Is the retail version going to stay at costing £30? I think I would prefer to disc to save eating into my precious Wii U memory.... BUT for an extra £12? I dunno. :hmm:

I posted this in General Bargains over the weekend, along with another couple of prices, but New Super Luigi U is £26.99 on Amazon :smile:

Torn... NSLU or Pikmin 3? Aaaarrgh! Only enough cash for one at the mo'.

I'm going physical for both, therefore they are out on the same day.

Not forgetting I don't have £30 free every month!

Got £50 worth of eShop cards for £45 from GAME which arrived yesterday. My body is ready for tomorrow.

The game update that adds Pro Controller compatibility is now live ahead of tomorrow

If someone could tell something about the game when they get it? I loved NSMBU, but decided to wait for retail release on this one. Some feelings would be appreciated.

The game update that adds Pro Controller compatibility is now live ahead of tomorrow

Wait... so I can finally now play the game without being forced to go with the gamepad - rather large - or play with the wii remote - slightly cumbersome - and actually play it with the pro controller, just like I should have been able to from day 1? :blank:

Good times are ahead! :hehe:

In all seriousness though I am kind of glad that I got to play NSMBU with the gamepad first I suppose, but this will just make playing New Super Luigi U all the more awesome! :D

If someone could tell something about the game when they get it? I loved NSMBU, but decided to wait for retail release on this one. Some feelings would be appreciated.

Think The Lost Levels, but with 100 seconds to do the level

That's brilliant that pro controller controls have been added. I loved the game pad for off screen play, but would have liked the use of the pro controller to play it whilst in front of the TV too.

Good stuff!!

That's brilliant that pro controller controls have been added. I loved the game pad for off screen play, but would have liked the use of the pro controller to play it whilst in front of the TV too.

Good stuff!!

Agreed. When playing NSMBU, I often kept inadvertently looking at the GamePad screen...not the glorious HD. Bad habit which can now piss off :p

What's wrong with the Gamepad?

Nothing... but I just like the option of being able to use the pro controller as it's more comfortable for longer play sessions. :)

Also I just had a thought... does this mean that you could also use the classic controller with it too? Probably not but that would have been awesome for me as I have a Club Nintendo SNES pad that would make the experience even better, I already know the answer though due to the lack of certain buttons which are barely used anyway. :indeed:

Right. The "WHATS NEW" trailer said - luigi jumps higher and slides longer, you can be nabbit, you now have 100 seconds. This is ridiculous... It also says 80 reworked levels... what does this actually mean?! It seems a lot of money for very little. Or am I missing something? I thought it was brand new levels!

Also; will the NSMBU update and install automatically? As in it should already be done?!

About time.

Couldn't believe when I got the WII U I couldn't use my sexy little pro controller to play multiplayer on it and had to get out my wii motes!

About time.

Couldn't believe when I got the WII U I couldn't use my sexy little pro controller to play multiplayer on it and had to get out my wii motes!

I felt the same and still feel the same about Nintendo Land, shit bloody D-Pad on the Wii-mote to play Mario Chase?

Right. The "WHATS NEW" trailer said - luigi jumps higher and slides longer, you can be nabbit, you now have 100 seconds. This is ridiculous... It also says 80 reworked levels... what does this actually mean?! It seems a lot of money for very little. Or am I missing something? I thought it was brand new levels!

Also; will the NSMBU update and install automatically? As in it should already be done?!

The levels are almost entirely new. They're reworked in the same sense that the ones in Lost Levels were reworked. Same basic archetypes for each level, but totally different. There will be a few which seem similar, but they're not.

Luigi moving different is quite common to all games.

Playing as Nabbit is to give non-gamer friends a chance when playing these godawful difficult levels that'll make you screaming to a deity you don't believe in to take your life so you don't have to restart the world again

100 seconds is to put the fear of God back into you. The levels are a bit smaller, more on par in size to the levels in Super Mario World, but the 100 second timer really adds to the pressure. You can't really make many mistakes else you're screwed.

The DLC is NOT forgiving.

I got this with my Wii U today (in the bundle with Luigi too) and having a right laugh with it. I'm really not that great at it but I've been playing it in two player with my brother, really makes it more challenging actually - keep jumping on each other's heads or leaving the other too far behind.

Maybe I don't feel jaded by this series as I never bought the Wii version, but yeah. Definitely worth a purchase in my eyes if you haven't got it!

I got this with my Wii U today (in the bundle with Luigi too) and having a right laugh with it. I'm really not that great at it but I've been playing it in two player with my brother, really makes it more challenging actually - keep jumping on each other's heads or leaving the other too far behind.

Maybe I don't feel jaded by this series as I never bought the Wii version, but yeah. Definitely worth a purchase in my eyes if you haven't got it!

For me the price is still just a bit too much for what I'd get - which is a shame. Nintendo used to do the 'classics' on Gamecube which was a good turn(and yes I understand Wii U hasn't been out long enough to warrant that) but I won't be breaking £30 on this game. I've been looking at it preowned for £20 in CEX, and I'm getting tempted, but who knows.

How much is the Luigi U DLC btw?

For me the price is still just a bit too much for what I'd get - which is a shame. Nintendo used to do the 'classics' on Gamecube which was a good turn(and yes I understand Wii U hasn't been out long enough to warrant that) but I won't be breaking £30 on this game. I've been looking at it preowned for £20 in CEX, and I'm getting tempted, but who knows.

How much is the Luigi U DLC btw?

Totally can understand that viewpoint - I never picked up the Wii one as it was always quite pricey and I was never really in the mood for it, having always preferred 3D Mario. I didn't get the 3DS one either, so really this bundle has thrown me back into it, and I'm glad it has as I've really enjoyed it so far. I think the fact the DLC was included on disk appealed to me too - I rarely buy DLC so to have it included seemed like a great deal.

Just looked it up and Luigi U is £18 to download - quite expensive. Haven't touched it yet, but I guess others will be able to say if they think that is worth it.

It's totally worth it. Stop bein a scruff Rummy and get your wallet out :p I kid, I kid :laughing: